End

What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?

"What's this?"

"A resignation letter."

"Hmm," Kyuhyun took it out of the envelope and read it, "dear blah blah blah, I'd like to blah blah blah due to blah blah blah…"

 

Kyuhyun threw it in a trash bin.

 

"Resignation declined. So, what's the afternoon schedule?"

"You have a meeting with the representative from the Z Company from one to two forty-five. Then, another meeting with the board of directors at three fifteen with no specified ending time. At six, you're expected at SM Mall as the honored guest for their anniversary event and that's it for today."

"Mmm, can you add one more schedule after the last one?"

"Of course, what would you like to do?"

"Treating my amazing secretary to dinner, obviously."

 

That's precisely why I want to resign.

 

Jongwoon sighed but obediently added the new schedule in his notebook. After working for the young heir of the Cho Family for fifteen years, he already got used to Kyuhyun's eccentric nature. The young CEO said and did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. You could never prepare for it. Unless you are him, Kim Jongwoon, secretary to the genius CEO for fifteen years. He had been by Kyuhyun's side since the younger was merely a high-school brat who skipped classes to idle at an internet cafe. So, he knew Kyuhyun like the back of his hand. He is a proficient, hard-working secretary, and loyal to boot. Every ounce of his tears and sweats were for the Cho Family who provided him educational funds. If it wasn't for them, he would have dropped out of college because his family couldn't afford both his and his younger brother's tuition. He repaid their kindness by doing his best as Kyuhyun's secretary.

 

But he wanted to step down from that position now.

 

"If you'll excuse me, Kyuhyun, I need to prepare necessary documents for your meeting."

"Wait, Jongwoon hyung."

"Yes?"

"This is your fifth resignation letter in a week but you've yet to tell me why you want to quit."

 

He turned around and left the office while clutching his notebook.

 

"If you really know me as well as you always proclaim, then it shouldn't be too hard to guess, right?"

 

He could feel Kyuhyun's piercing gaze on his back but he ignored it.

.

.

.

Back into his office, Jongwoon sighed loudly and flopped down on the armchair. While massaging the bridge of his nose, his eyes fell on a few gossip tabloids and he unintentionally thinned his lips.

 

'CEO Cho's secret affair?' 'The youngest CEO and rising actress Seo spotted in a jewelry store' 'Good news for the Cho soon?' 'Unexpected love story between two celebrities?'

 

...And many more along the same title of "CEO Cho is in a secret relationship with the famous actress Seohyun". These tabloids were supposed to be published last Monday but his men caught wind of them first. To protect Kyuhyun's reputation, he "bought" all copies and had them destroyed for good. He was supposed to get rid of them but he still kept some copies for himself. The reason? He wanted to read it. Even though the blurry pictures of Kyuhyun and the beautiful lady chatting amicably in a jewelry store hurt him greatly. He looked at the date of the photos, one week ago. Kyuhyun told him that he went to see his friend but it turned out that the said friend was Seohyun-ssi…

 

"...Why did you lie to me, Kyuhyun? You could've told me the truth…"

 

Biting his bottom lip, he threw the tabloids in his suitcase to destroy later. For now, he had to prepare the documents and write another draft of the next resignation letter. Which excuse should he use next? Study abroad? Maybe Kyuhyun might buy this one. He typed away a false reason while adding more polite words in the letter.


 

He had to leave Kyuhyun's side before he fell for Kyuhyun more than he already had.

 

*********************************

 

"I don't get it."

"What is it that you don't get?"

"Jongwoon hyung. Yesterday after we had dinner together, he handed me another resignation letter, the sixth one. This time, it's a 'studying abroad' bull excuse. If hyung studies more, he will have enough certificates to decorate his bedroom walls."

 

Kyuhyun complained to his friend while opening an envelope that his beloved secretary just brought him. He immediately threw it away after seeing just the title of the letter; "great, the seventh one."

 

"What did you do to Jongwoon hyung that got him super pissed like this."

"Why did you immediately assume that it's my fault?"

"Well, why else?" Ryeowook shrugged, "hyung is hardly a person who would nope out because of something silly. So, whatever gets on his nerves must be deadly serious. What did you do?"

"I don't know!!" Kyuhyun threw his hands in the air, "well, I'm bossy and work his fingers to his bone but that's nothing new."

Ryeowook nodded, "nothing new indeed. You've been ordering him around since he's twenty so hyung should get used to it by now. Seriously, Kyuhyun, what the hell did you do?"

"I don't know… Ever since that day, I promise him to behave myself so…"

.

.

.

"Ha! I finally escaped that weird hyung!"

 

Kyuhyun happily headed to his favorite PC bang. Actually, he was supposed to be in a class now but who cared? He passed every subject with flying colors without studying anyway! He never understood why his parents bothered to put him in school to the point of finding a "secretary" to keep him in check. Speaking of his secretary, that Jongwoon guy was only four years older than him so why should he listen to—

 

"Young Master Cho, I found you."

"Argh! How the hell did you find me!!?"

"Language, young master, anyway, you probably thought that I'll overlook this place because it's near the school, right? It's actually the opposite. I know that you're here because you're too lazy to go to other places which are far away."

"Alright, Sherlock," Kyuhyun scoffed, "leave me alone. I won't go back no matter what you say."

"Then I'll wait here until you go with me."

"Suit yourself."

 

Kyuhyun ignored the older man and got inside the PC bang. After that, he lost track of time while playing games and only realized that it was dark outside when his stomach growled. Stepping out into a snowy night, he didn't expect to find his secretary still waiting for him. The older man's face was very pale, his lips turned bluish, and he was shivering hard. Obviously, his simple jacket wasn't enough to ward off the coldness.

 

"Why are you still here!!? Have you lost your mind!!?"

"I-I'm w-waiting for y-you."

"Are you crazy!!? Normal people would've left at the first hour of waiting!"

"B-But you'll be sad a-and disappointed i-if you c-come out but don't s-see me…"

 

Kyuhyun was speechless. People around him always ordered him to do this and that, but they never stayed with him until the end. But this weird hyung…

 

"Put it on and try to warm yourself up while I call our chauffeur."

 

He gave his thick coat and scarf to the older man before making a call. While he told the family chauffeur their current location, he noticed that his secretary kept smiling at him and it weirded him out.

 

"Why are you smiling? Have your mind finally given in to a hallucination because of the cold?"

"Despite your sharp tongue and cold demeanor, I know that deep down you're a very kind and caring person, young master."

"What? Stop. You're cree— hey!!"

 

The older man suddenly toppled over and fell on him. The soft dark hair nuzzled against his neck and tickled him, causing his heart to skip a beat.

 

"Young master… you're warm… Can I stay like this a bit longer…?"

"Who's the young master again?"

 

Despite his grumble, Kyuhyun did put his arms around the older man to keep a balance and provide warmth. He stole a glance at the man in his arms and snorted, finding the other party fast asleep while standing.

 

"What a weirdo. Though it's not like I hate you, Jongwoon hyung."

 

Under the falling snow, Kyuhyun began to develop a crush on his secretary.

.

.

.

"—after Jongwoon hyung got a bad fever and was out for almost a week, I promise that I'll never give him any trouble again. That's why I truly have no idea what could cause his sudden urge to quit."

"Then, let's start from the beginning. When was the first resignation letter?"

"Last Monday. But I swear absolutely nothing unusual happened that morning!"

"What about last week? Did something happen last week?"

"Well… sort of?" Kyuhyun hesitated, "I went to a jewelry store with Seohyun to choose a ring for proposing to Jongwoon hyung in the future. But no one knew about that, not even my family or hyung."

Ryeowook scoffed, "Oh, please, this is Jongwoon hyung we're talking about. There's nothing that he doesn't know."

"So, you're saying that he found out about my plan? Did hyung hate getting married to me so much that he wants to resign from his position?"

"And that's my cue to leave."

 

Ryeowook stood up and bid farewell.

 

"It's not my place to meddle in your love life. Do your best and figure it out before you forever lose your precious Secretary Kim, Young Master Cho."

 

Ryeowook then left the large office leaving Kyuhyun alone, before coming back a minute later…

 

"What? Did you forget something?"

"Not me. Jongwoon hyung told me to give this to you."

"What is it?"

"The eighth resignation letter."

 

Kyuhyun threw it away without even opening it.

 

**************************************

 

Jongwoon went home (after getting dragged to a high-end restaurant and brand-name clothing store by Kyuhyun, probably an attempt to change his mind) to yet another blind date proposal from his mother.

 

"Eomma… I told you that I'm not interested in dating…"

"Jongwoon-ah, you already turned thirty-five this year but you never dated anyone. Don't you think it's time to take some time for yourself?"

"But I'm fine staying single…"

"Really? Isn't it because you think you're not suitable to be with Kyuhyun-ah that you opt to be alone?"

 

He flinched at his mother's words. As expected, he couldn't hide anything from his mother.

 

"... Kyuhyun-ah will get married soon to someone of his status. I'm thinking of resigning from my position. I need time to prepare my heart so that I can sincerely wish him happiness."

"Jongwoon-ah, if you don't give yourself a chance to be with Kyuhyun-ah, how about trying to meet someone for once? I promise that this blind date will make you happy."

 

He was about to decline but the pictures of Kyuhyun and Seohyun suddenly flashed past his mind.

 

"Alright, I'll go on that blind date."

 

Maybe if he found someone, he might be able to get over his hopeless crush on Kyuhyun.

.

.

.

Jongwoon didn't expect his date to be Choi Siwon, the well-known CEO of the Choi Industrial which is Cho's archenemy in the stock market competition. Kyuhyun and Siwon had many things in common— good looks, unparalleled skills, wealth, popularity— so people often compared them and argued who was better. Kyuhyun who hated losing always complained grumpily when any tabloids ranked him as a second place. For that reason, he never told Kyuhyun that he personally knew Siwon because they were childhood friends who went to the same elementary school and middle school.

 

"Siwon-ah? Are you my date for today?"

"Hello, Jongwoon hyung, it's been a while!"

 

Siwon hugged him and pecked his cheeks in a friendly manner. He chuckled and returned the greeting. He didn't mind it because he knew Siwon spent many years in the USA. After exchanging a few pleasantries, they sat down and ordered something. While waiting for their dinner, they chatted to catch up with each other.

 

"I heard that hyung still works as Kyuhyun's secretary?"

"Yes, though I'm thinking of quitting it."

Siwon seemed surprised, "Eh? Really? Even though you love him?"

"He's getting married soon, Siwon-ah," Jongwoon rubbed his face tiredly, "and I don't think I can congratulate him in this state. I need time."

"Marry? Kyuhyun?"

"Uh-huh, with Seohyun, but please keep it between us."

"Hyung, are you sure about it? That doesn't sound like Kyuhyun at all."

"I saw them at a jewelry store, Siwon-ah."

 

Siwon touched his chin thoughtfully. Then, he smiled and took Jongwoon's hand in his.

 

"How about you become my secretary?"

"Siwon-ah, you know that I can't betray them. I'm forever indebted to them."

"It's only temporary, hyung, until you are ready to congratulate him. Or until one of you realizes it."

"Realize what?"

"The pink elephant in the room!"

 

After that, Siwon kept chuckling mysteriously and refused to elaborate on his words, only smiling in glee while looking at Jongwoon who looked utterly confused.

 

"Is this really a good idea…?"

"Hyung, believe me, your family and Kyuhyun's family will wholeheartedly agree with this too!"

 

Although he didn't know why the Cho Family would be happy to let him go (albeit temporarily), he decided to play along because he didn't have other plans.

 

***********************************

 

"Kyuhyun, have you seen today's tabloids?"

"You mean, have I read those garbage gossip magazines today? No."

"Then you should! Today's issue becomes the talk of the town now!"

 

Ryeowook threw some tabloids on his desk. At first, he ignored it because his time was too precious to waste by reading this garbage. However, a familiar name on the cover caught his attention. When he picked it up, he immediately had an urge to throw it out of the window.


 

'Forbidden love between Romeo Choi and Juliet Kim. Is this the end of the long war?'


 

The picture on the cover, although it was censored, anyone could tell that it was his beloved secretary and the damn CEO Choi. They were chatting happily in a restaurant while holding hands. There were also pictures of them hugging and kissing cheeks. Kyuhyun was very furious that he wanted to burn the tabloid to ash but curiosity won him over. Gritting his teeth in anger, he turned a page and read the article.

.

.

.

'A sweet yet tragic love story between the Capulet and Montague of the present-day— Romeo Choi and Juliet Kim

 

Last night, our eagle-eyed reporter caught an inconceivable sight of the famous CEO Choi and Secretary Kim (CEO Cho's trusted right-hand man) at a romantic restaurant. The two looked unbelievably close despite the two companies' antagonism. Perhaps this is the long-awaited sign of cooperation between the two powerhouses? As you may know, the Cho household considers their talented Secretary Kim as their own blood. So, if it was Juliet's wish, her guardians might allow her to be with her Romeo, thus ending the business war between the two families. Will this love story be yet another tragedy? We will keep you updated.

 

—Wingless Angel'

.

.

.

"What the actual is this bull story!!!"

 

In the end, Kyuhyun threw the tabloid away in fury. It flew across the office and tackled the wall, before falling to the carpet floor. Ryeowook who sat opposite the fuming CEO shrugged in a carefree manner.

 

"Romeo and Juliet, you saw it. By the way, did you know that Jongwoon hyung secretly met Siwon?"

"No! He turned down my dinner invitation saying that he wanted to rest. I didn't know that he already had a plan with that man!"

"Oooh, hyung keeps a secret from you! Isn't this the first time?"

"Shut up Ryeowook. And why the hell did you look so entertained!!?"

"Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun! You couldn't even begin to imagine how happy I am now! How happy everyone is now!"

"The hell!! Are you happy that your best friend's crush got stolen right under his nose!!?"

 

Ryeowook looked at the young CEO as if he just said the most ridiculous thing.

 

"Dear Lord, talk about dumb and dumber!"

"Seriously, can you stop being sarcastic for a sec—"

"Excuse me, Kyuhyun, I have—"

 

Jongwoon stopped when he saw another man in the room.

 

"Ah, I didn't know that you had a guest, my bad. I'll come back later then."

"No need, no need," Ryeowook stood up, "I'm about to leave anyway since I already got my share of fun! See you later, hyung, and good luck!"

 

Confused, Jongwoon waved at the younger man who smirked and winked at him before leaving. He walked to the desk and placed down a file containing documents that needed Kyuhyun's signature. That was when he saw the tabloids.

 

"What is that?"

"I should be the one who asked that, don't you think?"

"Kyuhyun," Jongwoon stared into the younger man's eyes, "these things are full of rubbish rumors, baseless articles that are only meant to sell. Don't believe in whatever is written in it."

"Well, it's hard to do so when your man lies to you, right?"

"Kyuhyun…"

 

Guilt washed over Jongwoon when he saw hurt in Kyuhyun's eyes. However, it immediately disappeared when he recalled that Kyuhyun also lied to him before about Seohyun.

 

"Just so you know, I didn't tell you because I know you'll be like this if you found out. Besides, what I do or who I meet in my free time is none of your concern."

 

Kyuhyun almost ruined the document he was signing by using too much force on the fountain pen.

 

"Ho? Because you're about to quit the job, I don't have the right to know about your life anymore, huh?"

"About that…" Jongwoon hesitated for a second but decided to be frank, "I changed my mind. I won't quit being your secretary."

 

Kyuhyun's handsome face immediately brightened up in genuine joy.

 

"Really!!? No more resignation letters, right!!?"

"Yes, because I'll transfer to the Choi Company instead. It's only temporary though— Kyuhyun! The document!"

 

Kyuhyun broke the tip of the fountain pen. The black ink spilled and ruined the document but he couldn't care less about it.

 

"Jongwoon hyung… what did you just say…?"

"I said that you ruined the document!"

"No, before that, you said transferring?"

"Oh… um, yes, I want to learn something new by working in a different environment."

 

Or you just want to be with that damn CEO. Kyuhyun angrily thought to himself but didn't say it out loud. He finally knew why his secretary wanted to quit the job.

 

"Objection. Declined. Turned down. Rejected. No. Never. Not gonna happen. I won't allow—"

"Kyuhyun-ah,"

 

Kyuhyun stopped breathing for a second when his secretary suddenly held his face and leaned in so close that he saw those rich eyelashes fluttering ever so slightly. His heart betrayed him and jumped crazily in happiness despite his anger.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah," Jongwoon whispered, "can you promise me that you'll at least consider it? Do it for me, please…"

"Jongwoon hyung…"

 

Swallowing the bitter taste of sadness, Kyuhyun just nodded wordlessly. His beloved secretary smiled at him before letting him free and stepping back.

 

"Thank you, I mean it. Now, I'll go get a new copy of the documents for you."


 

Because Jongwoon quickly turned around to hide his heartbroken expression, he didn't see that Kyuhyun's face perfectly mirrored his.

 

****************************************

 

"Jongwoon-ah, I heard that you requested to be transferred to the Choi Company. Is that true?"

"Ahra noona? Yes, I already talked with Kyuhyun too."

 

Ahra sighed loudly.

 

"And here I thought that you two can't give me any more headache… Oh, how wrong I was."

"Noona?"

"Jongwoon-ah, this is about Kyuhyun-ah, right? What did my hopeless brother do this time?"

 

Jongwoon looked away guiltily. He shouldn't tell his boss' secret to someone else but Ahra noona had always been kind to him as if he was her blood brother…

 

"Is it about Seohyun-ah and their meeting at the jewelry store?"

Jongwoon looked genuinely surprised, "noona, you know? But how…?"

"I found the tabloids when I dropped by your office last time. I'm sorry, Jongwoon-ah, I didn't mean to pry."

"I see. You don't have to apologize, noona. I know you're worried about us."

 

Jongwoon smiled at the older woman but soon sighed instead.

 

"Well, as you can see, noona, Kyuhyun is about to get married soon with Seohyun-ssi so I need time to gather my thoughts and feelings…"

"Oh my Goodness!" Ahra facepalmed, "I'm getting old faster than I'm supposed to!"

"Noona? Are you alright?"

 

Jongwoon watched his older sister (in the name) taking a deep breath in worry. After a long while, Ahra sighed for an umpteenth time. Placing her hands on his shoulder, Ahra noona stared at him before speaking up in a serious tone.

 

"Jongwoon-ah, can you do me a favor?"

"Anything for you, noona."

"Alright, I want you to go on a one-week vacation with Kyuhyun-ah, just the two of you, at Jeju, you two's favorite place."

"Noona…!!?"

"I think both of you aren't in the right state of mind to make an important decision— you and your transfer plus Kyuhyun-ah and his wedding. That's why, do me a favor and just enjoy yourself for a week, the both of you. Don't think or worry about anything. If, if you come back and your decision hasn't changed, I promise I'll help you talk to Kyuhyun-ah about your transfer."

 

Although he didn't think that one week in Jeju would change his mind, he still agreed to it for the sake of Ahra noona.

 

*************************************

 

Awkward.

 

Simply awkward.


 

Kyuhyun shifted awkwardly on a couch. His eyes focused on the large tv but his attention was on a man beside him. This wasn't the first time they went on a vacation together but he never felt this awkward before. Both of them were here solely for the sake of Ahra noona and they knew it, hence the awkward silence. He recalled a conversation he had with his sister before coming here and he couldn't stop a sigh escaping his lips...

.

.

.

"Kyuhyun-ah, go on a vacation with Jongwoon-ah. This is an order."

"Hyung doesn't want to see me. He's thinking of leaving me and running into that damn CEO Choi's arms so why would I go on a trip with him?"

 

He frowned when his sister threw him a judgmental gaze.

 

"How old are you this year?"

"Thirty-one. Why?"

"Then act your age! Be honest and decisive like when you do business. If you love Jongwoon-ah, which I know you do, just tell him so and hold him tight, or else you'll regret it for the rest of your life."

"But Jongwoon hyung only thinks of me as a brat that he has to look after… He didn't stay with me because he wants to, but he has to, it's his duty…"

 

He had a feeling that his sister wanted to scold him but held back after seeing his saddened puppy look. The older woman sighed and ruffled his hair as she usually did when they were young.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah," Ahra's tone softened, "did you really think that Jongwoon-ah stays with you purely because of work?"

"I mean, he always believes that he owes our family…"

"That's true. But what about that time he flew back immediately after the seminar ended just because you were nervous about your final exam? Or that time when he refused to leave your side when you caught the flu, not even eating or sleeping?"

"......."

"You really are a lost cause when it comes to Jongwoon-ah, little bro. Be more confident in your feelings and go get him!"

"Alright, I'll try, noona."

.

.

.

But how am I going to start when Jongwoon hyung doesn't even look at me?


 

Kyuhyun sighed again. He wanted to resolve the awkwardness between them but had no idea how to.

 

"I can move to another hotel if that's what you want, Kyuhyun."

 

He looked at the older man in surprise.

 

"What are you talking about?"

"You have been sighing for a while now. If me being here annoys you that much, then I'll gladly move out to another place."

 

His beloved secretary said that without even glancing at him and it irked him.

 

"That should be my line since it's obvious that I get in the way of your happiness. You would rather move out as soon as possible so that you can secretly meet that damn CEO Choi, right, hyung?"

 

Jongwoon hyung looked at him for the first time but he wasn't happy at all.

 

"Siwon-ah has nothing to do with this."

"Oh, hyung, he has everything to do with this. He's the reason why you want to resign, isn't he?"

"Stop spouting nonsense! My decision has nothing to do with him!"

"Really? And here I thought you just want to be with your beloved one, seeing how close you two are in those photos!"

"And I told you that those tabloids are garbage! No, you know what?"

 

The older man glared at him in frustration.

 

"You have no right to act childish and be pouty with me just because I have a secret when you did exactly the same!"

"What? When did I ever hide anything from you?"

"You sure did, Young Master Cho."

"Hyung… don't call me that ever again…"

"Why? Can't handle the truth that your secretary found out about your secret affair, huh?"

 

Kyuhyun's anger was instantly replaced by puzzlement at the older man's accusation.

 

"Hyung, I seriously have absolutely no idea what you're talking about."

"I'm talking about you and Seohyun-ssi!! God damnit!!"

"What…?" Kyuhyun was shocked, "you know…?"

"I sure as hell did!!! Your pictures were all over the tabloids, you brat!!! Do you have any idea how annoying it was to threaten them to take the issue down!!? You were all smiling and happy buying a ring for your girlfriend but me, me!!! I had to run all over the place talking to people after people!! I even sacrificed my image and became a bad guy who oppressed the media's freedom of speech all for protecting your reputation but looks at what I got in return!! You being whiny and bratty just because I met my old friend! you, Kyuhyun, I hate you!!!"

 

While his secretary was panting heavily after exploding, Kyuhyun was too stunned to say anything. So, his hyung was angry at him because he found out about his secret meeting with Seohyun and mistook it as him buying a ring for her? If that was the reason why his beloved hyung wanted to quit, then, could it be that…

 

"Jongwoon hyung, could it be that you love me…?"

"Of ing cause! Did you think that I've been staying by your side all these years just because I got paid well? It's because I love you, you dimwit brat!! You and your almighty egotistic are annoying as hell but I still love you! You're freaking bossy and heartless and demanding and a total control freak but I still love you!!! You make me do ty and impossible jobs and expect the best within a short amount of time as if I can magically get it done but I still love you!!! You work me to my bones and rudely drag me to work even on holidays as if you think that my world has nothing but only you and I ing hate it because you're right!!! I've always loved you and only you!! I love you even though I know that you're way out of my league!! I love you even though I know that I'm not suitable to be by your side!! I love you even though I know that it'll only hurt me in the end!! You hear me!!? Kyuhyun, I love you even tho—!"

 

His adorable secretary stopped rambling at once after noticing the silence. He smirked predatorily at the older man who turned all red and tried his hardest to avoid his eyes. Jongwoon hyung got up in an attempt to run away but he quickly intercepted by pulling his hyung to sit on his lap and caging him in his arms.

 

He whispered teasingly, "keep going, hyung, I'm having fun right now."

"S-Shut up and let go of me, you brat!!! I'm your hyung, damn it!"

"And what will you do if I refuse to let you go, hmm?"

"Ah! You're freaking annoying!! You know what, forget about transferring or quitting, I'm retiring from this stupid position! You hear me? I'll yeet myself out of your world and never show my face to you ever again!"

"You don't have to do that at all, hyung, because I'll fire you."

 

Jongwoon hyung stopped struggling and looked at him in disbelief, and he couldn't help but chuckle. Although his beloved secretary kept saying that he wanted to quit, as soon as he heard that he got fired, his hyung made a face as if someone robbed Christmas from him. The older man's kicked puppy expression made his heart flutter in fondness and guilt at the same time.

 

"What…? Kyuhyun-ah, you're firing me…?"

"Yes, Jongwoon hyung, you're officially fired. From now on, you're no longer my secretary. That's what you want, right?"

 

He chuckled at his cute ex-secretary's lost expression and tightened his arms around the slim waist.

 

"How~ Ever~" Kyuhyun purred, "you'll be appointed as my spouse instead. Your duty is never leaving my side and you'll be paid with my love and loyalty for the rest of our lives. Do note that resigning isn't an option though! I'm a very possessive man. Once I get my hands on something I love, I'll hold it dearly and never let it go."

 

He pressed his lips on the chubby cheek.

 

"So? What do you think about your new position? My beloved Ex-Secretary Kim?"

 

He was able to keep his cool for only a minute and laughed out loud instead. His hyung kept opening and closing his mouth like a goldfish in a bowl. So cute. Very cute. His (now) fiance was so cute that he couldn't help but steal more kisses at the chubby cheek. The older man who acted like an errored robot only got his wit back when he moved from kissing the cheek to his neck.

 

"Ah! What are you doing!!?"

"Marking you?"

His hyung blinked cluelessly, "mark me? Why?"

"Because you're mine?"

"I'm… yours…?"

 

The older man continued to blink for a while. Then, after five minutes or so, his whole face slowly turned redder and redder as if his brain just caught up with the situation.

 

"Did you just say that I'm yours? As in, your boyfriend…?"

"Better yet, my fiance."

"Fiance…? So… you love me too…?"

"Yes, I do," Kyuhyun whispered and kissed his hyung's forehead, "I've always loved you and only you, Jongwoon hyung…"

 

His hyung turned impossibly redder at his confession. Who would have thought that the ever-so-composed Secretary Kim could be a blushing mess like this? Kyuhyun grinned in adoration but soon yelped instead when the endearing hands suddenly pinched his cheeks.

 

"Ouch! Hyung, what are you doing!!?"

"Checking that I'm not dreaming."

"Then why don't you pinch your own cheeks!"

Jongwoon hyung pouted, "because it'll hurt a lot."

"It hurts me too! Hyung, how could you do this to your husband!!? What if—"

 

Chu!

 

"There," his hyung smiled cutely, "the pain is gone now, right?"

 

Kyuhyun got utterly defeated. His heart melted faster than butter on a hot pan and his complaint magically disappeared like a gust of wind. He hugged his fiance and nestled his face against the crook of a slim neck while whining quietly.

 

"Hyung, that's not fair. You know I'm totally whipped for you and you use it against me! From now on, I won't be able to win any argument with you, not anymore!"

"Good. You finally know how I feel in the past fifteen years, you brat."

 

He pouted at Jongwoon hyung's smug smile but soon grinned like a fool while hugging his fiance firmer.


 

If it was his Jongwoon hyung, he didn't mind being on the losing side for the rest of his life.

 

*************************************

 

Four months later…


 

"Closing traffic and parading along the main road?"

"Absolutely not."

"Spreading flyers all over from a hot-air balloon?"

"Rejected."

"Displaying congratulations messages at every digital billboard in Seoul?"

"Still rejected."

"Buying a front page of all newspapers and magazines?"

"Nope."

"Interviewing with news stations for breaking news slots?"

"Nope and nope."

"Hyung! You rejected all of my ideas!"

"That's because you didn't keep it simple and down-to-earth as I requested, my dear boss slash husband."

 

Jongwoon sighed and kissed the younger man's forehead to smooth out his frown. Although Kyuhyun still pouted at him, at least his husband finally stopped suggesting over-the-top and outlandish ideas for their wedding.

 

"But it's our wedding! I want as many people as possible to know that you're mine and mine alone, not belonging to some CEO whom I won't name a name."

 

Jongwoon laughed at his boss' annoyed look when mentioning a certain CEO. To this day, some tabloids still believe that he had a secret affair with Siwon even though his heart only belonged to Kyuhyun.

 

"So, you just want to clear up the misunderstanding, right?"

"More like annihilating it but yes."

"Then, leave it to me, Kyuhyun-ah. I have just the perfect plan!"

.

.

.

One week later…


 

Jongwoon smiled in victory while reading a tabloid that his employee brought him.

.

.

.

'Tale As Old As Time: The Secretary and The Boss


 

Our reporter just discovered a shocking truth! Everyone's beloved Juliet, Secretary Kim, is actually Belle! That's right, he's actually the beauty who undid the beast's curse with his love and loyalty. Who is the beast? Let's take a look at these photos we took two days ago at the grand opening event of a brand new hotel under the Cho Enterprise name.

 

*Blurry photos of Kyuhyun and Jongwoon standing side by side on a stage holding a champagne glass*

 

Did you see it? The rose that represents their love? Yes, we're talking about the ring on their left ring finger! Our reporter did some research and it was confirmed that the rings showed up on their fingers recently at the same time. Are they engaged? Married? Or is it just a ploy to fend off hungry wolves eyeing their fortune? Although we have no concrete proof yet, we highly believe that it's the former— the beast has fallen head over heels for the beauty. Reasons?

 

*Blurry photos of Kyuhyun whispering to Jongwoon, his hand on Jongwoon's waist. Though it's hard to tell, it looks like Kyuhyun was looking at Jongwoon fondly*

 

Have you ever seen the Ice-Demon CEO looking at someone warmly like this?

 

We have never seen it too.

 

Whether it's merely a daydream or another beautiful love tale has blossomed, we'll keep you updated.

—Wingless Angel'

.

.

.

"This should do the trick."

 

Jongwoon smiled in satisfaction and kept the tabloid to give it to his husband later. He wondered what Kyuhyun would say if he knew that he was called the beast!