Hertz Donuts

Engrish

Red= English ^^

 

It was a normal day for MBLAQ's maknae. He woke up, with great difficulty on their manager's part, at a reasonable time, and got ready for his day. The other member's were either already up on their separate schedules, or still sleeping.

 

Mir had two hours before his first activity for the day, so he got dressed and settled on the couch, lazily flipping through the channels while munching on rice that one of the absent members had made earlier that day.

 

Finding nothing relevant to his interests on the channels, he settled on a brightly colored show with strange hosts and odd news stories. He soon realized the entire reports were in English. It surprised him greatly when he found he could understand over half of what they were saying.

 

He had been studying the language hard lately, but he never would have suspected it would pay off this well. He would have to tell Joon-hyung about this later on!

 

But for now, he would bask in his vast knowledge of foreign language.

 

“Mir-ah!” manager calls to him, “Get up off the couch off the couch or you'll be late for your hair appointment!”

 

Mir groaned. He was getting his hair dyed and cut again. It didn't happen much to him, compared to other idols, but he hated it. It didn't ever sit right with him; it took a while to get used to a new length or color. But he knew he had no choice, so he shut up and accepted it like a good maknae.

 

After his hair was washed by the stylist, he got a call from none other than Lee Joon, saving him from the awkward fawning of the noona.

 

He put on a smug smile and answered as he answered, “Herro,”

 

Joon ignored him and continued in a language he knew the younger could understand; Korean, “Mir-ah. That photo shoot is and 4:45, right?”

 

I doesn't Korean understand. Please Engrish speak,

 

There was a long pause on the other end of the phone. Joon began very slowly, “ First... there are so many things wrong with what you just said. Second, I know you understood it, so just answer the question !he yelled, frustrated with the maknae's antics.

 

Mir took a small moment to translate, “No. It change to cinq heures et demie,He answered.

 

Joon blinked. That definitely wasn't English... And he recalled seeing a French-Korean dictionary in the younger boy's room... How many languages was this kid learning, anyway?

 

And ultimately failing at...

 

“5:30,Mir laughed, “ I've known you didn't have many good Engrish! 

 

No! Joon snapped, “You were speaking French when you said the time!he finished, growling, insulted that his language skills were being questioned.

 

Oh. Oops,

 

Anyway... Joon sighed. Suddenly, he got an idea. A very good way to teach the maknae a lesson about humbleness... After all, he shouldn't be so cocky about his language skills when he obviously has none.

 

That's good, Joon continues, “Now I can stop by that new doughnut store before the shoot,

 

Doughnut store? What's it called? Mir asked, curiously. He hadn't heard of a pastry store of any kind opening up recently.

 

It's called Hertz Donuts, Joon answered, “Would you like a Hertz Doughnut? Just you an me, to celebrate you learning English so well!

 

Mir grew very excited. His hyung was proud of him! So proud, in fact, that he was giving him a treat, just for the two of them, none of the other members included.

 

Yes! he exclaimed, “I could like one!

 

Joon chuckled. His English was quite adorable. And that was probably the most accurate thing he said in this whole conversation, “No, Mir. You would like one. Not could,

 

Ahh... Could, would, should. Same thing,he mumbled.

 

Their maknae was so cute, Joon thought. He was kind of guilty already, about his prank. Maybe he should just forget about the whole thing and pick up some donuts. But then again... It was very fun to tease Mir...

 

 

---Phase One: Complete---

 

 

Joon chuckled darkly.

 

 

* \(^o^)/ *

 

 

Later that day, MBLAQ was in the dressing room, preparing for their photo shoot. Everyone, save for Joon; who had yet to arrive, was getting their makeup done. They were told that said member had another schedule crop up suddenly and would be a little late.

 

Mir was a little upset. This meant that Joon-hyung might not have been able to get those delicious donuts he was going off about.

 

So, when the noona stylist told him to pout his lips, it was not difficult. They were pretty much already in position, anyway.

 

“Aww... How cute, Mir-oppa!” she exclaimed. Oh... so this stylist was his dongsaeng.

 

Boy, he was getting old.

 

Besides wanting a sweet treat, he mainly wanted to see Joon. It had been a while since they had last spoken, and to be honest, Mir missed it. He had long ago accepted the fact that he was biual, but had yet to realize, fully, that he had fallen in love with his band member. He just knew that he was very fond of him.

 

And, no, that didn't constitute as 'love' in Mir's mind, apparently.

 

After a few more moments of the stylist tugging at his hair with a comb, an action his soft head had to get used to, manager asked to speak with Mir for a moment.

 

Mir looked up at him expectantly, “What is it, hyung?” The stylist began preparing a few ponytails to place in his hair.

 

“Joon just called and said he's on his way. And that he still has his treat for you. He told me about it... Good job on learning English, Mir-ah! Even Joon was impressed... In fact, he couldn't stop laughing in disbelief,”

 

Mir nods, happily. He was very proud of himself, for gaining Joon's approval, “Thanks, hyung. I will continue to study hard,”

 

“Aren't you learning French, as well?” Mir nods, “Well, then, do your best! Fighting!”

 

Mir flashes a dazzling smile and another 'thank you', before hyung leaves to prepare the background for their pictures.

 

This day was the best day Mir had had all week, possibly even month. It seemed like everyone was complimenting him or cheering him on. Just today, G.O and him were going over some choreography Mir was having trouble with alone, and even when he messed up, G.O would only have him try again. Normally, his hyungs would get mad or frustrated with him.

 

Then again, G.O was one of the kinder members...

 

Mir was the first to go on, getting his photos done with Cheondung.

 

“Okay, Mir, you stand here, and Cheondung, stand next to him. Now, this shoot will be different... Just start an animate conversation, and we'll tell you when to hold poses for pictures. Okay?”

 

“Ne!” they both say with aeygo and smiles.

 

Mir jumped at the opportunity to brag some more, “Yah, hyung!” he literally jumped, “I finally learned English so well that Joon-hyung is impressed!”

 

“Hold that pose,” the director instructed, while the photographers snapped pictures from various angle. The pose was: Mir's face was very excited, while his body was doing the beginnings of a happy dance. Cheondung looked pleasantly surprised.

 

They were told to resume, “Really?” Cheondung said, in disbelief.

 

You bet I did!

 

They took photos of this, as well, with Cheondung's excited face; arms outstretched and Mir's proud demeanor; a smug smile and a Superman pose.

 

When they were told to move again, Mir continued his bragging, “And Joon-hyun will bring me a doughnut, too. From a brand new shop!”

 

“Bwoh? From where?”

 

“It's called Hertz Donuts. Best in town,”

 

Joon had arrived and had already begun sneaking up on the two. They were told to hold the pose, which even the surprise visitor, Joon, did. Of course, being the Hollywood actor he is, he loved having his face everywhere, and couldn't wait until Mir was done shooting to give him his 'present'.

 

Mir and Cheondung had both been stuck in the middle of rich laughter, at some unknown joke. Joon had a face similar to this: >:o and his arms were like a raptor's, complete with claws and one of his legs had been drawn up, midair, to his chest.

 

“Action!” the director called, tired of using so many words to describe movement.

 

“Yah, hyung!” Cheondung had noticed the intruder by now, “I want a Hertz doughnut, too!” he whined.

 

Joon thought about it for a moment and mentally shrugged. His dongsaengs needed a good prank pulled on them every once in a while.

 

He quickly ran up punched them both in the shoulder with all of his strength, “HURTS, DON'T IT!? he laughed maniacally and began running away.

 

“HOLD IT!”

 

Both Mir and Cheondung were holding their shoulders, eyes closed and mouths twisted with tears. Joon's face looked like this: >:D and he was stuck in the 'running man' pose.

 

They had to hold this for a while, because the photographers were too busy laughing their asses off to take decent photos.

 

 

 

Complete! For now...

No, seriously. If I get more ideas (i.e more plays on words in the English language), I could definitely turn this into a chaptered thing. So, any suggestions? :D

Ehhh... *hides from tomatos* Please don't hate it... It's my first time writing and MBLAQ fic... And I'm not very familiar with the members...

But, I thought of this while watchin How I Met Your Mother and there's a part where Marshal's brother pulls this prank on him and I don't know why, but I just could not stop laughing. It was, like, ten seconds of the episode, but it was soooo hilarious to me!

Then I thought; It would be soooo funny if someone did this to Mir! Because I just watched Mir failing at English... -_-; But it would also be sad...

So I wrote it anyway.

And I don't know how Thunder worked his way in here XD He's just got that going for him, I guess.

Also, my brain is hardwired for U-KISS, I've decided. Because while typing this up, I kept writing Hoon instead of Joon. So if I missed any, I'm sorry ^^; Also sorry if I spelled Thunder's name wrong. I couldn't remember how it was spelled XD So I trusted wikipedia... *First mistake, no?*

And, I totally made the French thing up. Although it would be hot if Mir could speak French... I'm pretty sure he's not learning it. I have no clue where it came from.

And, the only proper way to describe Joon's faces were through smilies. >:D Sorry for my lack of description -_-;

Aish... I need to shut up now >.<

Anyway... Hope you enjoyed ^^ Have a great day!!! :D