Of Bludgers and Chasers

Of Bludgers and Chasers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yong, look out!" Byul shouts from somewhere far, far away, and Yongsun is kinda surprised she heard it with such a deafening noise from the stands and wind blowing in her ears as she flies to the rings with Quaffle at the ready, but, unfortunately, hearing Byul's shout is all that she manages to do in this two seconds, and then a Bludger crashes into her blonde, completely oblivious head with a rich smack, and Yongsun falls spectacularly from her broomstick, losing consciousness along the way.

 

She wakes up in the Hospital Wing, two large red spots to the left and right of her bunk slowly, with each excruciatingly painful blink, transform into her anxious teammates. As soon as the vision finally returns to her, a sharp pain pierces her temples and the back of the head.

 

Yes, it seems like this time she's stuck here for a long time, huh.

 

"Hi." She manages to smile wryly, but then white dots begin to dance in front of her, and Yongsun has to close her eyes for a second. She hears several sighs of relief and nervous chuckles.

 

"For 's sake, Yongsun," Byul breathes, a dirty grass stain shines on her cheek, her forehead is glistening with sweat and her uniform is smeared with mud. For some strange reason, she looks much more dented than others. "You scared the out of us all."

 

"Nah, I'm fine," Yongsun waves it off. "This is only the third time I've been knocked out by a Bludger. No biggie."

 

"Madam Pomfrey said you got yourself a pretty bad concussion,” says Taehyung, and at the sight of his knitted eyebrows and drooping corners of his lips, Yongsun immediately knows they have lost the game. Because of her. "You’ll have to stay here for a couple of days."

 

"Damn it…" Yongsun blinks. "What the hell happened?"

 

Everyone looks at each other grimly, and Byul rubs her sore left shoulder.

 

"It was Hyejin," she grumbles. "She snatched the bat from Jessi and… well, hit the Bludger. At your head."

 

Honestly, Yongsun isn't even surprised. It was to be expected after that stupid Sunday at Hogsmeade. She can't even be mad at her, because, well, let's be honest, Yongsun kinda deserved that.

 

A hit. Not the concussion. Concussion is definitely overboard.

 

"Byul pounced on her with fists right there in the field," Taehyung says, shaking his head disapprovingly.

 

"What?!" Yongsun sits up abruptly despite the dizziness. She herself does not understand for whom she is more worried now, for her best friend or for that… damn Slytherin girl with beautiful eyes and hair and lips and–

 

"They split us apart before it got too far," Byul replies immediately. It can be seen from her face that she already regrets that she didn't restrain herself. "Everyone is fine, no one got hurt except you."

 

Yongsun lets out a strangled chuckle, and Madam Pomfrey immediately appears, quickly kicks everyone out of the Hospital Wing, and makes Yongsun lay back to bed as she tries to assume even the semblance of an upright position.

 

"Bed rest!" She barks and, squinting her eyes suspiciously, disappears into her little nook at the back of the Wing. "I'm watching you, Kim!"

 

Yongsun obediently lies on the bed until the evening, until her stomach starts to remind her that the last time she ate normally was yesterday. She never eats breakfast before the match, Yongsun has learned the bad way that it could lead to rather nasty consequences. But now she's hungry like a wolf, and her teammates brought her only her wand and textbooks.

 

Maybe, Byul will bring me something to eat, she thinks hopefully, while listening to Madam Pomfrey. Between the coughing and groaning of the rest of the patients of Hospital Wing, Yongsun hears a thin snoring from Healer's nook, and sighs heavily. Apparently, Madam Pomfrey doesn't feel like helping her either.

 

She almost misses the sound of the massive door opening as she concentrates on pitiful symphonies of her stomach that demands food. A slender robed figure quickly and completely silently crosses the distance between them and stops at Yongsun's bed.

 

In the semi-darkness with her atrocious eye-sight, Yongsun can't determine who it is, so she squeaks a little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter