Ateez || School Version

Door Game Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To play the door game, click here to get sent to the game :) If not, read through the story I've made for this door game below!

School Version

Warning: Contains profanity and ual references

 

"Zoe? Zoe! Take this good man's order, and stop staring off, will you?" She hears her mom yelling at her in the midst of carrying different cups and other utensils as she was making drinks. 

Zoe's parents had owned a coffee shop in the midst of the hustle and bustle of New York. Though they had quite a bit of money to go around to hire another employee, they decided to keep it in her family and have Zoe help with the store for as long as she can remember. With her older siblings already prepared to take on more responsibilities in the store, she was given less work to do, and frankly, with her attention span of a fish, they couldn't trust her with any harder tasks.

The only time she had ever been able to focus on anything, was when she danced. Being in New York gave her so many opportunities to learn about street dance, and always went to the underground battles after their store hours to be able to surround herself in its culture, and learn from others as well. After meeting so many great dancers, her connections had continued on and eventually landed her in South Korea, where she had the opportunity to train with bigger companies, only at the expense that she hadn't given up her high school degree. What more of a coincidence had it been that her grandparents had lived close to both the company and the school they had their artist go to, that she only had to walk around from the main places she needed to go to all the while living free and with free food. 

 

"We have a new student here that I'd like to introduce - Choi Zoe-" 

Zoe leans in closer to the teacher and corrects her, "Jiah... Choi Jiah," Her grandparents had told her that it was best to go with her Korean name so that she wouldn't have stuck out as much, but considering she was the 'new student,' there was already room to talk about her. 

"Jiah-ssi, please take a seat over there," The teacher clears , not finding it very respectful that she had corrected her. 

As she takes a seat, the male sitting next to her had pulled the chair out from under her. She caught her balance by holding onto the desk behind her, the student owning it giving her a look of disgust. She glared at him as she pulled the chair out of his grasp, and sat down with a huff. 

For about a week or so, she hadn't been able to find any friends to talk to. On the first day that she had landed, her grandparents had introduced her to the neighbor that always came over to their house, as his parents were almost never home, and her grandparents always fed him. 

During one of their dinners, her grandparents had left to go on a little date, that they had left Zoe and Hongjoong that night with their dinner already set on the table. "What school do you go to?" Zoe asks. 

"I go to the same school you do, just a different year," He says casually. 

The two of them had gotten very close in a short amount of time. With her having older brothers, she felt as though he had acted in the same manner as them, except he had been calmer than her actual relatives. 

She sighs, "Why couldn't we have been in the same class?" 

"Are you having a hard time?" He asks, and she shakes her head. 

"I just don't have anyone to talk to." 

 

That night, Hongjoong gave her advice on how to talk to people. During her lunch break, she decided to sit next to someone who had also been sitting alone, in hopes that they can bond together. 

"Can I take a seat here?" She asks, and the student nods his head, giving her an angelic smile as he sat down, "Are your friends not coming?" She asks. 

He shakes his head, "They're always busy talking to girls during their break," He rolls his eyes, "So I just eat here real quick before going to practice," He puts his chopsticks down afterward and holds his palm up facing her and smiles, "I'm Yeosang by the way." 

The two continue talking, but not long after, Hongjoong had walked up to the table with one arm around another student. 

"So you did end up making a friend," Hongjoong jokes, smiling at Yeosang, "I thought you'd be alone right now, so I was going to force you to talk to the most talkative person I knew." 

"Hey," The student next to him said, "I'm just not boring, like you," He turns to introduce himself, "I'm Wooyoung." 

"I'm-"

"Jiah. We're in the same class," He giggles, "Dance major?" 

She nods her head, "I'm sorry I didn't recognize you." 

"You're too busy sticking your nose in the textbooks to have noticed me," He laughs, "Sleeping, I mean, not studying." 

Hongjoong chortles as he saw Zoe's face contort, "He's also good at studying, believe it or not." 

Wooyoung looks at him in confusion, "Was that you trying to tell me I'm stupid or was that an actual compliment?" 

Hongjoong rolls his eyes and sits Wooyoung down on one of the chairs, "I'm gonna go now, but you guys have fun." 

Yeosang smiles, "Aren't you the one that's always with Jongho?" 

"You know him?" Wooyoung asks, and the two start to bond, leaving Zoe out of the mix. 

She eats quietly, listening in, feeling as though Hongjoong's plan had backfired until Yeosang got up to leave. 

"It was fun, but I gotta head to class," He smiles, looking at Zoe, "It was fun eating with you, Jiah." 

Wooyoung didn't waste any time to start talking to her, "Are you still hungry?" He asks, placing a few pieces of chicken from his plate onto hers as he leaned into his left fist. 

Since then, Wooyoung had stuck next to Jiah and always made sure to make her laugh. He wanted her to open up to him as quickly as Hongjoong had with her, and it only took the whole school year. The school always administered a big project for them towards the end of the school year, where the school would host a festival with the students performing and the audience can answer a poll of who they thought won the contest, as well as judges that the school had selected that year. The top 5 partners to win would be able to train with a music company for the summer, and if they do well with their training, can become official trainees to debut in a group.

The home teachers have all selected the partners, and sadly, Jiah had been partnered with Yunho - the only person to have picked on her for the duration of the school year. She had fallen for San, who had also been a dance major with her and Wooyoung, and wanted him to be her partner so badly. 

"Jiah? Jiah," Wooyoung calls for her name after seeing her zone of out her schoolwork, almost eating her pencil if he hadn't stopped her, and replaced it with a pepero stick for her to munch on. 

She snaps out of her fantasy dream and realizes what she was doing when Wooyoung held up her pencil and used it to point at the math problems she was 'working' on. 

"You've been on this question for the last 30 minutes," Wooyoung said, putting her pencil down, "Do you need help on it?" 

"I'm distracted," She says, placing her chin on her palms and smiles, "I can't get this person out of my head."

Wooyoung smiles, mimicking her pose, "And who might that person be?" 

"San," She says in a dreamy tone, "I just wish we were partners for the project. Yunho's been on my since I got here." 

Wooyoung's smile falters after hearing San's name. Ever since she walked into the classroom that day, he was always curious about her, and after Hongjoong introduced the two of them, he was more than happy that he became her close friend, alongside Jongho. But, he knew that San had similar feelings towards her - he always asked about Jiah whenever them two would practice, and he tried his best to get San to stop being interested in her. 

"Too bad he's my partner," Wooyoung jokes, but his fake smile wouldn't appear on his face. Jiah was too distracted to notice this otherwise. 

"Hey, buddy," Yunho pulls on the back of Jiah's collar, choking her as the front two prongs of her chair had lifted up off the floor. He let go once he reached her other side, and she coughed a little, glaring at him, "What? You don't need your vocal cords for our performance," He rolls his eyes. 

"We're both singing," She points out, rolling her eyes as she adjusted her collar. 

"We're studying right now, so can you head somewhere else in the meantime?" Wooyoung sarcastically asked Yunho. 

"What if I wanted to work with her on the project?" He asks in the same tone, "How about 'troublemaker'?" He takes Jiah's left arm and does the choreography, almost kissing her cheek, if she hadn't pulled away from him, and he laughs. 

"How about no," She looks at him in disgust. 

San happens to walk over in time and takes a seat next to Jiah before pulling her chair next to him, "Chu is calling for you back there," He nods over to the girl that had been walking around the building just to look for her "boyfriend," and he sighs. 

"Guess I'll just have to play with you later," Yunho winks, and jogs over to her and gives her a kiss. 

San laughs as he sees Jiah staring at Yunho in plain repulsion and leans closer to have her look at him, "Are you coming with us to the practice room?" 

"She needs to finish her homework," Wooyoung pats her paperwork and she frowns, "You haven't done anything else this whole time. Finish this first." 

"Wooyoung's right," San smiles, and she sighs, staring at the math problem once again.

She finishes the problems after Wooyoung had helped her, and the three of them head over to practice, with her watching the two of them. Wooyoung stops and turns to her, "I know you hate Yunho, but don't you have to work on the project?" 

"I won't get the prize anyway if I work with him," She scrolls through her phone to look up a few songs, "And I'm singing. That's not what I came here for." 

"You have a beautiful voice," San compliments, "I heard you playing the piano and humming along to it." 

"I wonder what other strings she can pull for me," Yunho walks in, with his 'girlfriend' hanging on his arm. She rolls her eyes, "Have you picked out a song yet? Or, you're agreeing to the song I picked out?" He walks closer with a sly look on his face, and she stands up to move to a different desk in the back of the room. 

"Yunho, leave her alone," San says in a defeated tone, "Your girlfriend is literally standing right there. Have some respect for her, why don't you," He rolls his eyes, and walks over to Jiah to lean on the desk she was sitting behind. 

Yunho turns his head to Chu, "Is that what you've been telling people?" 

She looks up at him in astonishment, "I-" 

San shakes his head, "Take that outside." 

Yunho was about to speak, but Jiah speaks over him, "You're just wasting my time bullting. I'll pick out the song while you go fight with her," She gives him a look and waves him away to dismiss him, and he follows when Chu takes him outside to yell at him.

San looks at her proudly, "He actually listened to you this time." 

Wooyoung looks at how the two were interacting with each other and hated every moment of it - he wished he was in San's position. Interrupting the googly eyes, he claps his hands and starts the song up again, and gets San to continue their choreography while Jiah was left in the corner to song hunt. Jiah had found a song that she liked and started writing her own rap lyrics, leaving Yunho to sing the chorus whenever he came back. Wooyoung takes a seat on the desk next to her and leans over as he takes sips of water. 

She takes an earphone out and looks up at Wooyoung. Thinking that she was going to return his smile, she instead smacks his arm/chest to move him away, "You're blocking the light," She flings her arm around to get him to get off the desk, and San laughs at Wooyoung. 

"Jeez," Wooyoung looks at San, "She's never that focused, not for that long, anyway." 

San shakes his head, "Let's leave her alone before-" 

Yunho walks back into the room and starts to throw crumpled paper and empty water bottles at Jiah, "I'm bbaaaccckkk~"

Jiah smacks her pen down and takes the conjoined part of her earphones to snap the two earphone pieces out of her ears and glares at him. She takes one of the crumpled pieces of paper and writes the title of the song before crumpling it back up and tossing it as his face, "That's the song, you're singing the chorus and the first verse. Bye." 

He laughs sarcastically, picking up the paper, "Rhythm Ta?" 

She nods her head as she moves away, "We'll practice tomorrow. Leave me alone." 

He stares at her for a good while before walking out the door, still staring at the piece of paper before walking out.

Since they have been practicing for the project, as well as studying other classes, she had only been able to give San some 'hi's and 'bye's anytime he'd come over to get Wooyoung to practice with him. The last she had been able to have a real conversation with them was not too long ago, where they all had a break to eat lunch together, and Wooyoung had been teasing San about going on a date with one of the girls in the vocal major. Out of je

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter