Just for Once

Just for Once (One-shot)

               Woohyun watched Sunggyu sing into the microphone. He examined his eyes, his hair and his lips that mouthed every word so perfectly. He was hypnotized by Sunggyu’s voice. The way it kept echoing in his ears was what Woohyun loved. He felt like the world had stopped just for those moments with Sunggyu. He felt like he was made to listen to Sunggyu’s voice. He was in love.

                “Woohyun-ah, it’s your turn now,” Sunggyu said, pulling Woohyun out of his trance.

                Woohyun stuttered, “O-oh, ri-right.” Woohyun put his headphones on and held tight onto the microphone. He swallowed the fear down his throat and put on a courageous face. Sunggyu, will you listen to me now? The person behind the window of the recording studio instructed him to start singing. He closed his eyes for just one second, trying to catch himself. Woohyun let out his rich voice but he was still nervous.

                “Woohyun-ah! You have to put more emotion into your singing,” the PD told Woohyun. Woohyun nodded his head. He was embarrassed that Sunggyu was right there watching him. I can do this. Woohyun took in a deep breath and stood up straighter. I’ll do this for you, Sunggyu hyung.

                Woohyun opened his mouth once more. His eyes were open and they were staring into Sunggyu’s. Sunggyu was looking back at Woohyun with a reassuring smile. Woohyun continued to chant lovingly to his hyung. Woohyun held a high note. Sunggyu, I love you. Sunggyu smiled wider at Woohyun’s ability but he never thought of returning his friend’s love. Woohyun held back his tears. He was wishing that his voice wouldn’t crack. Woohyun managed to keep delivering a perfect performance.

                Everyone clapped when Woohyun finished. Sunggyu gave Woohyun a friendly pat on the shoulder. “Nice work, Woohyun,” he recited.

                Woohyun gave him a slight but wistful grin as he replied, “Thanks, Gyu.” Sunggyu set down his headphones and walked away from Woohyun. Woohyun watched Sunggyu from behind, dolefully. Just for once, hyung. Can you look at me the way I look at you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, there! You must have read this oneshot! Well, please comment below then ;) Was it too short? Was it not enough? I don't know but I will be making this into a longer story. It might be a while until I actually write it so subscribe to this if you are interested in a sequel/longer story of this! Thanks for reading!

By the way, pleeease check out my other stories, Sweeter than Ice Cream, including B.A.P.'s Zelo and somewhat Youngjae, You and I, A Path to the Stars, including gready namstar, and He Only Reads , featuring the rapping dancers of Infinite, Yadong! Anyway, thanks for reading! Make sure to comment and subscribe!