Chapter 1

Dear Uncle J
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the Suhs' house that night seemed noisier than usual. It wasn't a sibling fight over a remote or little Leah's screams for milk, but that night the family held a dinner to welcome a special guest. Someone who is considered a part of this family.

His name is Jung Jaehyun.

He’s a friend of the Suh family's youngest, Johnny.

They've been friends since junior high, even though Johnny is two years older than Jaehyun. The two were met on the basketball court where at that time johnny - the team captain was fascinated by Jaehyun's skills which he thought were competent enough for a freshman like him to join the A-team.

Since then, they’ve been inseparable. Jaehyun used to spend all the time at johnny's house, and often even stayed over since his parents were very busy.

Jung Jaehyun is the only child of the conglomerate Jung. His father is a pediatrician who is also the founder of one of the top 5 hospitals in Seoul. while his mother is a major shareholder in a disabled foundation where she actively participates in various social activities.

It was no exaggeration if Jaehyun often felt lonely in his majestic home. If only he had a choice, he’d like to be part of the Suh family where he found the warmth of a family that he didn’t get from his own.

There he also felt incredibly loved and pampered by each member of the family, especially Mrs. Suh who always pampers him with delicious homemade food. Lucky that Johnny never envied or felt insecure with his mother's excessive attitude toward his bestie ‘cos he himself also feels that Jaehyun deserves love with his kind and calm behavior.

And that night, they celebrated Jaehyun’s return after completing 4 years of college in the United States. Obviously, he chose the first dinner at his best friend's house rather than at home since his parents couldn't make it.

“Yya, stop taking the meat, John! It’s Jaehyun’s” Mrs. Suh reflexively hit Johnny’s hand who was about to chop meat into his bowl. “Can't you see he's so skinny now? Aigoo, you have to eat a lot my dear”

Johnny couldn't help but snort seeing his mother excitedly putting a few pieces of meat in Jaehyun’s bowl,

“Eomma, can't you see his round face like a pig, huh?”

It made Keira burst in laughter seeing how sour her brother was and also confirming what he just said, it was true that the man who sat next to her now somewhat looked bigger than his last feature she remembered.

“If he's a pig, then what are you, huh? a buffalo?”

Still, with a laugh on her face, Keira received a high five from Jaehyun.

“Aigoo gomapseumnida ommoni, you’re the best!” Jaehyun showed off his dimples through a smile for the mother which then replied with an additional vegetable in his bowl.

Aww such a baby boy.

The youngest of Suh family is officially coming home.

Jung Jaehyun everyone.

“Mommy”

The laughter that filled the dining room automatically stopped when a little girl with curly hair came over. Rubbing her eyes slowly, the girl in Peppa Pig pajamas then buried her face in Keira’s arms, seeking for comfort.

“Baby, you awake? Did mommy’s voice wake you up?”

Cataleya Suh or commonly called Leah is Keira's only child who was born four years ago. She was born from an accident that traumatized Keira the most.

Leah was born without a father and is unlikely to ever have one. The only father figure she got was from Johnny who of course gladly helped his sister to take care of Leah since birth.

“Baby, I’m sorry,” Keira said before bringing her daughter into her lap and tightening the hug.

“Leah, this is uncle Jaehyun that uncle john told you about, remember?” Johnny suddenly broke the silence which made his niece turn her head to see who his uncle was referring to. She didn't really pay much attention to anyone sitting at the dining table since her eyes were still very sleepy.

With a big smile on his face, Jaehyun waved and greeted Leah cutely,

“Hello Leah, it’s me, uncle Jaehyun”

That fateful incident happened a few days after Jaehyun left for the US. Johnny told him, though not the whole story and he felt it was better not to ask further, let alone ask Keira in person.

But he knew that it was very sensitive and painful for her, and he also knows that this beautiful-eyed girl who is currently staring at him is everything to Keira.

“Do you want to give me a high-five?”

Jaehyun raised his palm closer to Leah, trying to win over her heart which still didn't budge from looking at him, perhaps still feeling unfamiliar with his presence.

“Ppali give him a high-five, Ley. He wants to be friends with you” whispered Keira in her ear yet loud enough for everyone to hear.

After blinking her eyes a few times, Leah finally gave up and pressed her tiny hand on Jaehyun giant palm.

There it was, the first touch of a little girl that caused a strange feeling creeping into Jaehyun’s heart. Again, warmth spread throughout his body as a small smile spread across her tiny face.

“Aww such a cutie” he sincerely said, holding her hand and it lovingly.

“You like him, oh?” Johnny asked which was answered with a nod from Leah,

“Isn’t he handsome, Ley?” It's Mr. Suh turn to ask a teasing question to his granddaughter who was still fascinated staring at smiling Jaehyun.

“…” once again Leah nodded without breaking the eyes on him.

Everyone laughs at her adorable behavior.

“Then will you hug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter