Our star

You've become the person I want to sing a love song for
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fans may have sensed that Mingi is returning to the group sooner or later with the members constantly giving out spoilers or information regarding him. Yeosang mentioned once that they filmed something with him, Jongho and Hongjoong told the fans that Mingi was working out at the company's gym, Yeosang also told the fans during his birthday VLive that Mingi wished him at the company's gym. Not to mention that Mingi posted on Twitter during San's birthday after months of not doing so. ATINYs went nuts when they saw his tweet.

Mingi talked with his parents, psychological counselor and the company's CEO regarding his health - they confirmed and agreed to let him join the group back after months of being on hiatus. He was beyond happy; he gets to meet his precious members, lovers again as well as the fans and the staffs.

He wanted to let the members know the happy news in person but.. the members have to quarantined themselves as a staff was positive of COVID and unfortunately, San was the only one positive of the virus.

He was devastated and sad, of course, but he understands the process of the whole thing. He understands that it is what it is so he will wait patiently for them like how they waited for him.

Right now, he is in the van with their manager-nim as he pick up his belongings since he is returning to the dorm alone. The manager-nim is not letting him stay alone so he will be staying with Mingi for the time being. Even though Mingi is all better now, manager-nim could not help but to still worry over him and take extra good care of him. Mingi looks around in the van and smiles to himself - he miss this.

Manager-nim looks at him through the rear-view mirror and smiles.

"Feels weird, huh? It's been a while."

Mingi looks at manager-nim and laughs before nodding his head. "It is, hyung. I miss being in this van. You know how we used to sleep, eat clumsily in this van. This van has so many memories that I love and I don't think I can ever forget it." Manager-nim smiles upon the male's words and nods his head.

"I know. I used to nag at all of you for staining the seats but now I'd rather have you guys do it than being separated. I hope the others are okay," manager-nim said and Mingi looks down at his hands, nodding his head. He wishes the same thing since he knew the members would be worried and upset that they're separated.

Maybe the universe knew that if he were to meet all of them in person right now, they would be a mess; a crying mess, to be exact. Even though they met each other a few times at the company, it has been a while for them to be really close to one another. Mingi thought that the universe is preparing them, letting their hearts get stronger in order to reunite. The corners of his lips twitched upward into a smile as he thinks of them while looking out the window, enjoying the sun and scenery.

"Do you want to get food on the way back or we should just order online?" Manager-nim asks and the male responded with wanting to order online since he needs to unpack, clean his room a bit and probably call his boyfriends.

Manager-nim smiles in return while nodding his head understandingly and continues to drive to the dorm. Mingi rests his head against the window and before he knew it, he was falling asleep little by little.

He felt soft taps on his shoulder that made him flutter his eyes open to realize that manager-nim is the one who wakes him up. He stretches his hands forward and groans before rubbing his eyes.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep, hyung."

Manager-nim shakes his head as he smiles before helping him with his belongings. "You're tired and it's been a while so I understand, it's okay." Mingi gets out of the van before helping the manager carrying his stuffs. Both of them went up to their floor by the elevator. Even though the members are not at the dorm, he still feel nervous - he could feel his hands getting a bit sweaty, heart is beating really fast. Manager-nim who was next to him could feel that the male is a bit tensed so he placed his hand on Mingi's shoulder to snap the younger out of his thoughts.

"Are you okay, Mingi-ah?"

Mingi nods his head and flashes a reassuring smile. "I'm okay, hyung. Just nervous.." Manager-nim giggles upon his cuteness and nods his head. To their manager, the members are like his sons; they may be chaotic, messy and hyper most of the times but that is what makes his job worthwhile. It makes his job fun, not tiring at all since the boys are fun to be with and not to mention that they are really helpful, respectful and caring. Even if someone would give him millions of money for him to stop working with the boys, he would never accept it - that is how much he loves them and how much they mean to him. Mingi holds onto the manager's arm and walks out of elevator side by side, smiling happily while bringing the belongings. 

As they arrived at the dorm, the male looks around and his eyes sparkled while he scans the place. He was not here with the members for months and the place indeed changed a little, there was some new stuffs, a couple of furniture have changed, the items on display have changed as well and the place was spacious. Maybe they rearrange the furniture or threw some items out because there is no way they renovate the living room to make it bigger. Manager-nim placed the male's items in his room and for the time being, he will be staying in Matz's room since both Seonghwa and Hongjoong told him to use their room. Mingi looks at their family photo against the wall and he smiles widely.

"It looks a bit different since the others clean the place up, replace and threw out things. That explains why the living room looks spacious than before."

"Exactly. I thought they renovated the place but it can't be," Mingi said and laughs while looking at the older. Manager-nim pats his back gently, feeling happy to see that Mingi is contented now that he is back home. It would be a lie if Mingi said he does not miss this place since this is where he spent most of his time, it's a place where he hangs out, spend time together with his lovers, s. But now, he is all alone as the others are at quarantine center. He purses his lips together to form a pout as he feels sad all of a sudden, he runs his fingers through his hair.

"What's wrong?" Manager-nim asks and he shakes his head as he does not want to worry the older. "Hyung, the others don't know that I'm returning yet, right?" Mingi asks and the older shakes his head. This is the perfect time to tell them that he is back, he is back to promote with the group for good but the universe has other plans for him which it is okay. They can be patient while waiting for him so he could do the same thing for them. He is sure that they will feel beyond happy and he hope that they will not feel bad for not being able to be here with him.

"Okay. I'm gonna shower first then I'm going to facetime them."

"How about dinner? Can I just order anything?" Manager-nim asks and Mingi nods his head, saying that he can order anything since the younger would probably eat a lot today since he is in a good mood. The older laughs and nods his head before going to his room to rest before ordering their dinner.

When manager-nim is inside the room, Mingi instantly went to the bathroom to take a quick shower as he wants to facetime the members. He misses them a lot and they miss him too so, he knows that when he call them later and tell them about the news, they would probably go crazy. While he is showering, just by thinking of the members' reaction and expressions made him smile widely. The fans knew that he is whipped for them but what they do not really know is that the members are even more whipped for him. Even when he does not do anything, the members would coo over him, babying him, spoiling him that he gets used to it. So when he went on a hiatus, he feels really lonely - there was no one to spoil him, baby him and cuddle him to sleep.

After a good few minutes in the shower, he dries his body off with his towel and walks to his room. He changes into his newly bought pyjamas that have banana and cherry designs on it, he combs his hair and did his skincare before placing his laptop on a pillow as he sits up on the bed, back resting against another pillow. He heaves out a nervous sigh, looking at the facetime logo on his laptop and clicks on it, ticking s' name to video call. It was a shame that San could not join since a different rule is applied to San as he is at a much stricter quarantine center. The sound of calling filled the room and he is even more nervous that he is hiding behind his plushie to cover his face.

"Oh! Who is this?" Hongjoong asks as he is the first one to pick up the call then followed by Wooyoung who yelled his signature cheer. "Yah, fix on~!"

One by one accept his call and he was right, they were talking and screaming over each other, it was a huge mess. Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter