Fin

Whipped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You sure you can manage on your own, sweetie? I can walk you to school.”

 

“Geez mom! I’m 18 soon to be 19, not 5! And I know you’re worried, but I just got my ankle sprained. Not broken. The swollen is getting better too. I’ll be fine on my own.” Minjeong said with a small reassuring smile. But her mother still has a deep frown and creased eyebrows. Showing how she’s still not convinced. 

 

“But Min—“

 

“Mom! You’re going to be late! You better get going now. You have an important meeting to attend.” Minjeong reminded as she shooed the older woman out of her room, limping her way with every step she takes. 

 

Her mother can only sighed and finally let her daughter have her way. She knows how stubborn her daughter can be. 

 

“Fine. Stay safe, Minjeong-ah. Take care. And call me if you need anything.” Her mother gave her daughter one last look before she exited the house.

 

Minjeong too quickly grab her yellow backpack and ready to go to school.

 

She’s in her final year in senior high school. So despite having a quite bad sprained ankle and the doctor advised her to have some rest at home until it fully healed, Minjeong refused. Saying she can’t skip school for she’s afraid she will miss so many important lessons. 

 

So here she is. Limping her way from her home to the nearest bus stop that usually will only take only 10 minutes walk, but now it gets doubled with how slow she walks.

 

And maybe luck is not on her side today. She was just walking, minding her own business when some kids accidentally bumped into her as they’re trying to catch the bus, causing Minjeong to lost her balance and fall. 

 

“Ouch!” Her wounded ankle hits the solid ground. 

 

Minjeong felt like crying because it hurts like hell. 

 

“Sorry noona!” The kids apologized with their apologetic-guilty eyes. Even one of them has his lips quivering, maybe afraid they hurt this fragile-tiny noona badly. Because the pained expression on Minjeong’s face is too obvious.

 

“D-did we hurt you?” The almost crying boy asked. 

 

Minjeong bites her lower lip to prevent herself from crying. But she still managed to give the boys a tight smile, trying to tell them that she’s okay. She’s indeed an angel. 

 

“Nah, it’s okay. I was wounded even before you guys came. Just go. You guys were trying to catch the bus right? Go before you miss it.” Minjeong encouraged them and gave them a thumb up. 

 

The boys finally leave her alone, and run toward the bus. 

 

Minjeong is still on the ground, struggling so hard to stand up on her own. 

 

“Stupid Minjeong. Should have at least ask one of them to help me up.” Minjeong grumbled to herself after her 2nd failed attempt to stand up. And her ankle is aching like hell. 

 

“Let me help.” A low-husky feminine voice said from her behind. 

 

And suddenly Minjeong felt someone circled their strong-slender arm around her waist, while their another’s hand holding her arm as they easily pull Minjeong up from the ground. Minjeong can only follow the pull like a rag doll. 

 

“U-uh. Thanks.” Minjeong mumbled to her savior. 

 

A sweet vanilla scent invaded her nostrils. Her savior smells nice! Minjeong inwardly complimented. 

 

Minjeong then turned her body around, wanting to properly thank her savior. And once she did, her breath hitched. 

 

“You’re welcome.” The person said with a smile that make Minjeong’s heart beats way too fast than it should. 

 

And the last time Minjeong checked, it was her ankle that injured. But why suddenly she feels her knees get wobbly. 

 

“So, ahem. Where are you heading?” The person said, breaking the awkward silence because Minjeong keeps only looking at her face, openly staring, and then say nothing. 

 

Not to mention Minjeong is still (shamelessly) clutching on the person’s arm as if her life dependent on it. 

 

“Uh sorry!” Minjeong quickly detached herself from this angel. Just to lost her balance again. 

 

“Hey hey, easy there.” The beautiful savior quickly grabbed Minjeong’s arm to steadying her. 

 

Way to embarrassed yourself, Kim Minjeong! Minjeong internally facepalming herself hard. 

 

“Uhh—Thanks again! I-I want to go to the bus stop over there. Uh-uh once again thank you for helping me.” Minjeong bowed her head deeply because both of how thankful she is and also because of the embarrassment that she tried to hide from this beautiful stranger. 

 

So she opted to bow hard to hide her redden face and then start to walk away. Dragging her aching feet with her. 

 

“Wait!” The beautiful stranger called out, making Minjeong to freeze on her spot. 

 

“Y-yeah?” She peeked over her shoulder. 

 

Soon she heard some light footsteps approaching her. 

 

“First thing first. Am I that scary? Why you’re keep on stuttering?” The beautiful stranger said with a frown on her face. 

 

And Minjeong wanted to smack herself hard for that. How dare she made this goddess to think of herself like that? 

 

Minjeong feels the need to clarify the misunderstanding asap. 

 

“Ah no no no! You’re not scary! N-Not at all!” She frantically waved her hands to prove her point. “You’re beautiful! Eh?! No! I-I mean you’re too beautiful to be scary! Huh? Shh—I mean.. fine. You know what I mean. I’ll stop speaking now.” Minjeong let out a long sigh and hide her face behind her hands, praying earnestly for the ground to just swallow her in.

 

But she immediately pried her hands off when she heard a laughter.

 

The beautiful stranger just laughed, slightly throwing her head back whilst clutching on her flat stomach. 

 

Minjeong feels butterfly are flying madly inside her stomach with this beautiful view unfold in front of her. 

 

She must have saved her country in her past life to be able to make this beautiful stranger laugh like this. 

 

“Oh God, you’re funny. I started to like you more and more.” And Minjeong’s heart just stopped beating for a split second there. 

 

“Anyway, I’m heading to that direction too. Let me help to walk you there.” The beautiful stranger yet again decided to help her. 

 

What an angel, Minjeong thought. 

 

She offered Minjeong her arm, silently ask her to hold it. 

 

Minjeong shyly took it and held it firmly for support as the two slowly make their way toward the bus stop. 

 

The stranger treat her gently, too gently, like she’s made of glass. Keep asking if their pace is alright for her. Or if she wanted to lean her body more on the stranger so Minjeong's injured leg won’t get too much pressure. And etc etc. 

 

And Minjeong’s heart keep on doing somersault on the inside because of those gentleness from the stranger. 

 

“By the way, I’m Jimin. Yu Jimin.” The beautiful stranger introduced herself.

 

What a beautiful name, Minjeong thought. Really suit her. 

 

“I’m Kim Minjeong. Nice to meet you, Jimin-ssi. You don’t know how thankful I am to you right now.” Minjeong shyly confessed with sincerity in her eyes.

 

“Nah, no biggie, Minjeong. I’m glad that I can help.” The two finally reached the bus stop and Jimin yet again, gently help Minjeong to take a seat on a vacant bench there. 

 

“T-thank you.”

 

Minjeong thought Jimin will leave after that. After all she already helped Minjeong to reached her destination but Jimin just stood there beside her. 

 

“So you’re a student in SM high school?” Jimin asked as she looked at Minjeong’s school uniform. 

 

“Yes.” Minjeong timidly nodding her head. She wanted to ask about Jimin too, heck she has lots of question about the older girl but she’s a hopeless puppy who can’t do much in front of this gorgeous angel that she might or might not, having a big crush on. 

 

“How old are you?” Jimin asked again. 

 

“19.”

 

“That’s good!” Jimin suddenly exclaimed. 

 

“Huh?”

 

What’s so good for being 19? Minjeong thought. 

 

“Nothing.” Jimin flashed her innocent smile. Way too innocent.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter