Meeting Them

How Would They Not See Me?

 

They were walking towards his parents house. It was kind of difficult because she was directly behind him and trying not to step on his heels. So, she grasped the back of his shirt and looked down, carefully watching her steps along the rocky path. Soon, they came upon the door.

"Are you ready?" he asked, looking over his shoulder.

"Not really..." she whimpered.

He chuckled at her response and rung the doorbell.

They now wait for the door to open.

"Coming!" someone shouted in English.

He took in a deep breath and she let it out. They seemed to always finish each other's tasks. How cute.

The door handle was turning and she held her breath.

The person at the door was surprised to see who was at the door.

"Oh, Dad! Look who's here!" the woman at the door shouted over her shoulder.

The woman came up and hugged him. He hugged back. She was careful to step back a little so the woman wouldn't be suspicious.

"Mom? Son? What are you doing here? Shouldn't be back at Korea, shooting a video?" a man came out.

He smiled at his dad's question. "I am shooting a video but technical difficulties got in the way and I decided that I should visit. And I have someone to introduce to you."

The man and woman were surprised.

"Oh? Who is it? Is it the person behind you?" the woman.

"I told you they would notice. You just don't listen." she said in Korean. It was loud enough to be heard by the man and woman.

Nichkhun Horvejkul chuckled at her response. He stepped aside and revealed the person behind him.

"Mom, Dad, I introduce to you, my wife, Victoria." Nichkhun said proudly.

Victoria Song appeared from behind him. She had her hands clasped together nervously with her head down. She shyly peeked out from her bangs.

"Annyeohaseyo, I'm Victoria-nmida." she said, bowing down 90 degrees.