Red Strings

Red Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRD PERSON


She was four when she first noticed this Red String that is tied in her wrist. She was curious, so she asked her mother about it. 

 

“Mommy, what are these rwed stwings?” A little girl asked, lifting her right hand that has a Red String tied on it. 

 

“That's a gift for you, my Honeybunch.” A woman on her thirties sweetly said. It made the little girl more curious.

 

“A gift?” 

 

The woman nodded. “Hmm, a gift.”

 

“What kind of gift is this, Mommy?” The little girl asked once again, her eyes full of curiosity. 

 

“With this gift, you can see the love that people shared for each other.”

 

It was strange for her seeing that her mom and dad's Strings doesn't connect. So she told it to her parents. From that, everything on their family went downhill. Everything seemed to fall apart. Her parents argued over everything to the point that the poor little girl can always hear her beloved mom and dad shouting to each other everytime after her mom send her to bed. 

 

Her parents fighting became a routine. And it didn't even surprised the little girl when she heard that her parents will divorce because they're sick and tired of each other with those countless days and nights of arguing. 

 

It was a difficult for the little girl seeing her parents to seperate. She stayed by her grandmother on her mother's side. As she stayed with her grandmother, she noticed how lovely with each other her grandparents are. And then, she saw their Strings, smoothly connected with each other.

 

But when she remembered what happened to her parents, she decided to keep all the things by herself. 

 

~~

 

YU JIMIN


I was eleven when I met my soulmate. So young, but I knew it the time that I saw her. The String around my wrist even slightly tightened when she spoke to me. 

 

But even before I noticed the String, I felt an undeniable pull in my stomach.

And I've always wondered... Did she felt it too?

 

It took a lesson on soulmates for me to discover my power over fate. I can cut their Strings and tie them. I can change who people were destined to.

 

On my first day in highschool, I met her again. 

 

“Hey!” I heard someone shouted behind me. 

 

I turned around, only to see the most gorgeous human being that I know, I will love the most for the rest of my life.

 

She approached me, and suddenly, nervousness surrounded my whole system. 

 

“Uhm, do you know where Class A-1 is?” She asked, but I was too busy staring at the most beautiful hazel orbs that I have ever seen. 

 

She faked a cough when she realized that I'm just staring at her the whole time that I didn't got her question. 

 

“Hello? Do you know where Class A-1 is?” She asked once again, and this time, I felt myself went back from daydreaming. 

 

I awkwardly chuckled, scratching the back of my neck. “Sorry about that."

 

She nodded and gave me a smile. “It's okay. About my question?”

 

“Yeah, right. About that... I don't know it either 'cause the thing is, I'm also looking for it,” I said, giving her an awkward smile. I'm so ing awkward.

 

She sighed. “Alright, thank you though.”

 

She slightly bowed her head at me and proceeded to find the certain classroom.

 

I sighed to myself. That's it?

 

I was about to find my classroom too when I realized something. I turned and looked at her and immediately ran to catch up to her. 

 

“Hey,” I said as soon as I got beside her.

 

“Do you need anything from me?” She asked, an eyebrow raised. 

 

“You said that you're looking for Class A-1, right?” 

She nodded. “And?”

 

“Well, I'm looking for it too so we're classmates,” I said, grinning.

 

“Oh,” She chuckled and I swear, it was music to my ears. “I didn't realized it.”

 

I chuckled too, this time, no more awkwardness. “I'm sorry of staring at you earlier.”

 

“I told you, it's fine,” She softly said.

 

I stopped walking, making her stop too. 

 

I cleared my throat, giving her a smile that made my eyes crescent as I held my hand in front of her.

 

“I'm Yu Jimin.”

 

She giggled and accepted my hand. “It's a pleasure to meet you, Jimin-ssi. I'm Kim Minjeong.”

 

Wait, she doesn't remember?

 

“You don't remember?” I voiced out my thoughts. 

 

She looked at me, confused. “Remember what?”

 

I flashed the same cheeky smile that I gave her when we first met. 

 

She narrowed her eyes on me. “Yuji?”

I happily nodded. She remembers. 

 

 

“I'm glad that you still remember, Gyeoul-ah.” 

 

She giggled. “I almost didn't recognize you, not until you flashed me the same old cheeky smile that you gave me when we first met when I saw you landed with your own face on the grassy park.”

 

My eyes widened at the memory. That was so embarrassing. “Oh, shut up.”

 

Minjeong laughed but it immediately came to falter when she looked at her wrist watch. 

 

“Crap, we're late.” 

 

I chuckled and held my hand in front of her. “Well, c'mon. Let's go find this Class A-1 together.”

 

She giggled as she intertwined her hands to mine. 

 

And I most certainly reminded myself that I'm not going to forget that day. 

 

~~

 

On those three years of highschool, me and Minjeong became inseparable. I, became her bestfriend. 

 

College came quickly for us, and I hate it. Entering college will definitely make our time less for each other due to our course being different. 

 

Since we're in different classes, we don't get to see each other like we used to when we're still in highschool.

 

It was hard at first but we managed to make time for each other and definitely enjoyed every bits of it. 

 

Being in different classes, surely we will befriend someone. 

 

Aeri Uchinaga instantly became my friend. She is the first one to approach me and I liked her company. She is friendly and easy going, undoubtedly a social-butterfly.

 

I introduced Aeri to Minjeong, turns out, she has someone to introduce too, a girl named Ning Yizhuo. 

 

The girl is very cheerful, slightly smaller then Minjeong, and has a puffy cheek.

 

The four of us became a circle of friends. Always eating together at lunch, walking each other on the way home, having sleepovers, and many more things that a group of friends does. 

 

One night, we had a sleepover at Aeri's house. We talked about a lot of things and on that night, I told them about my ability. 

 

I don't have any expectations that they will easily believe me, so I asked Aeri if she have a crush on Ningning. At that, she instantly believed me. I told Aeri and Ningning that I can see a Red String on their wrists, connecting each other. 

 

They asked who my soulmate is. I answered that I still haven'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter