final

Stuck In

 

 

note: whipped taemin ahead :)

 

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

 

The heat and warmth dies at the palm of his hand. Slowly cold temperature creeps their way through his skin, giving him slight goosebumps. Fingers tapping the lid, Taemin places the hot plate down on the counter. Absent-mindedly pulling at his utensils, he places the extra items down on the plate and gathers two cups for a pour. 

It’s only to serve two people, but the preparation itself seems to serve more than two. He hums a tune, waiting for the machine to finish the drinks, hands gripping the handles and switching cups when one is filled to the brim. 

Hot, freshly brewed coffee on a rainy day. The idea sounds fantastic in his head, especially knowing that he’s about to enjoy the exact moment in any minute from now. 

Just waiting for the damn coffee to finish pouring.

Taemin wasn’t alone though, it is why he’s in this situation in the first place. Trapped in his boyfriend’s apartment, the rain pouring hard outside doesn't give a chance to even catch a train back home. So he decided to crash for the night. Not like Jinki minds though.

In fact, Jinki prefers that even more. 

 

Tsssssssss…

 

Ah. The coffee’s done.

Without a second thought, Taemin immediately picks up the cups and carefully brings them to the living room, which was just a corner right from the kitchen. Jinki stood in the middle of the room, hands rubbing his head with a face towel, hair still dripping wet. 

He smiled at the scene and placed the cups down at the coffee table, bumping his hip at the older as he walked past. “Dry your hair quickly, or else you’ll get sick.” 

“Yess my dear,” The elder chuckled, grinning under the towel. “You can set the tv, I’ll fetch the rest.” Jinki handed him the remote before giving him a loud kiss on the cheek. His boyfriend laughed and scrunch his nose for a moment, pushing at the elder as they giggled. 

“Just go fetch them from the counter.” He said, slightly feeling giddy at the situation he’s in. It wasn’t as if this was a new event for him, crashing at his boyfriend’s apartment and maybe having a bit of fun here and there. No, far from it. They’ve done far more hard and intense activities in the privacy of their own home. But this was different.

 

Maybe it was him being sentimental all of a sudden but he had the sudden urge to just cherish this specific moment in time. Maybe it was then it clicked for him.

 

“Wahhh, now this is a feast, I’d say!” Jinki whistled from behind, arms full from carrying the rest of their food and appetizers. Taemin turned around to see his excited, 28 year old boyfriend holding a bunch of food in his arms as if he never had that much before. 

“We’re lucky that the delivery arrived before it started to pour heavily outside.” He noted, clicking on the channel. Quickly, they set up for the night to get comfortable. The channel plays low on the screen, lights dimmed and blankets draped over their lower half. Taemin scooted as close as he could, tugging on the blanket to make sure they covered both of their folded feets. 

His goal was to get comfortable, comfortable.

“Thank you for the food,” Taemin mumbles, the food already going in his mouth as he spoke. Jinki chuckled at that and nodded, grabbing his own cup of coffee. 

“Are we following up from the previous episode or jumping right into the new one?” The older questioned, eyes fixed on him instead of the screen. Taemin struggles to chew for a moment, too fixated at the sight of his own lover. Taemin could feel his heart skipped a beat right there in the moment.

 

What the hell happened there? 

 

“Oh, uhm, I think we’re jumping right to the next episode.” He replied, chewing and darting his eyes between his boyfriend and the screen. Jinki, though, smiled behind the cup as if he was teasing him. Knowing his own boyfriend, Taemin could feel a punchline coming through.

"Did I make you nervous?" Jinki wiggled his brows dramatically, sipping on his drink slowly. Instead of answering truthfully, he could only laugh and dipped his head forward to cover the blush on his cheek. "Oh? You're not denying it though?" He teases even further, making the younger giggle. Placing down his cup, Jinki s his arms around him and pulled him closer, nose prying on the soft skin of his collarbone. 

Taemin threw his head back, now feeling a bit ticklish by the way his nose poking at the skin of his neck. "Please, that tickles," He gasped, curling with laughter. Jinki couldn't help but laugh along, softly breathing and huffing around the warm skin. 

The two of them squirmed on the couch for a few seconds before one of them finally broke, which Taemin would be the one to do so. "Ahhh, c'mon! We're gonna miss the episode," A soft smack on the cheek, Jinki grinned wide at that. Taemin could feel his deep laughter bubbling in his chest, despite not being that loud. "Fine, fine." He surrenders, finally.

Resuming to their original position, both grabbing the chicken box and the plate full of sauces, moving in synchronization. It's a routine at this point, to Taemin. Jinki would hold the chicken box steady on his lap while Taemin held the plate steady in his other hand. He would usually balance the plate itself on his lap while they cuddle close on the couch but after a few accidents that involved staining the couch blanket, Jinki decided that it would be better for them to hold their food steady until they're finished with it.

And then cuddle.

He fought the rule at first because he would rather wrap his arms around Jinki while cuddling, but luck has been short on his side when it comes to not being clumsy with food. Coffee spilled, sauces, even the chicken wing itself flew out of the box somehow somewhere at one point. He knew better than to fight when Jinki put his foot down when the chicken part flew out of the box.

But it's nice. To him, moving in sync like this is a reminder that both of them are just compatible and work splendidly with each other. It's like a smooth gear turning without a scratch. 

Right now though, he's too hungry to think of anything romantic to do. He's fully stuffing his face with food as they both watch the screen. Jinki nudged his arm a few more times, offering the cup of coffee that was slowly getting warm. As expected, Taemin sees Jinki blowing softly on the hot cup before gently offering the cup close to his lips. 

 

Ahh there goes my heart again.

 

Taemin blinked a few times and accepted the offer, sipping carefully. See, it is small stuff like this that makes it harder for him to not fall in love even deeper for this man. Jinki was considerate in all aspects and it was in his nature to take care of his loved ones, which made Taemin swoon easily. Jinki could do the most simplest task for him and Taemin would immediately fold for him. And it's not as if they had just gotten together yesterday, they've been friends for more than two years and gotten together for three. 

When Jinki does small things like this, he find it hard for him to deny him anything. 

"Wanna open the rice?" Jinki offered again after putting down the cup, one hand steadily holding the box of chicken wings while the other casually reached for another small rice box. "I think yours was..." Taemin wasn't paying attention at this point, he was pretty sure that his eyes turned into a love shape. "....this one. Oh, yeah, this one." His boyfriend held the open rice box in front of him, eyebrows raised all the way up. "Taeminnie?" 

 

This damned man.   

 

Taemin nodded in response, trying to keep still. His heart started pounding loudly, as if he was excited but all that he could feel was the bubbling feeling in his chest and the sudden sensation that swept in his heart. He couldn't explain it properly. His brain is a mess, he couldn't think straight. So he relied on his instinct, and leaned in for a small peck at Jinki's lips. "Thank you."

"Tastes spicy," Jinki replied, smacking his lips. Taemin let out a laugh at that and shoved the man, grabbing the rice box quickly and turning his attention back to the screen.

Jinki bounced back eventually, grinning and pulling his lover closer so he could rest his chin on his shoulder. "Hey, feed me a little?" He pursed his lips in a pout, nudging towards the spoon lying on the plate. Well, what was Taemin gonna do? Deny his request?

 

- - -

 

After an hour of them clearing the plate and boxes of food, it was safe for them to retreat back to cuddling on the couch. Snuggled up in their blankets and pillow, Taemin couldn't be more grateful that Jinki had gotten a comfortable couch that could easily be the bed if needed. Legs sprawled out and tangled, he settled close to Jinki's shoulder, a small pillow tucked in for his comfort. 

In all honesty, he could very well see this being their future. 

If someone were to show him a glimpse of this exact situation to the past him, and told him that this is what he could have for forever, he wouldn't doubt that a bit. But like all things, there needs to be effort and consistency. And at this point, Taemin notices himself spiraling into his thoughts instead of focusing on the plot progress displayed on the large screen. And it seems that Jinki notices it too.

"Something in your mind hm?" Jinki spoke. Voice low and deep, barely a whisper, but soothing nonetheless. He preferred to be lost in that voice forever. Instead, he hums in reply. "Hm? No... nothing really." He murmured. The hand resting on his shoulder moved and he could feel fingers gently massaging his scalp, he hums.

Warmth, gentle, soft. He could praise his boyfriend on and on and it wouldn't be enough.

"So cozy hmm," He murmured again, lifting his head a little to look at his boyfriend. 

"Cozy?" He asked, smiling warmly. "Good." Taemin puckered his lips and the older man didn't have to be told twice. 

 

One.

Two.

Three. 

 

"Not enough," He breathed against his lips, "More." 

Another smile into the kiss, he brings his hands up to his cheek, feeling the skin and the line of his jaw under his fingertips. Jinki had already wrapped his arms around him now, pillow nudged to the side. Not a single part of them left untouched. 

"I honestly could stay here forever." He confessed, finally taking a deep breath once their lips part. Taemin sighed in contentment. 

"Yeah?" Jinki replied, "You're happy here?" He asked genuinely.  He stared at his eyes for a moment, searching and thinking a million things.

"It's home," He answered earnestly. "You are home.".

 

 

end.

note: hope u guys enjoyed whatever this is! :-)