Not so bad

NOT SO BAD

Not so bad

Siwon likes when everything in his business goes according to his plans. Finding a crying boy covered with blood in his warehouse isn’t a part of his plan. The first thing which crossed his mind after finding the boy is anger. Anger because how the did the boy get inside? There are men who are supposed to guard the warehouse and everything what is inside. Siwon, Kyuhyun and Donghae are watching the trembling boy who is crying and hiding behind a pile of wooden boxes.

 

The boy doesn’t look old, he must be just a teenager and Siwon doesn’t want to kill a teenager. What should he do? There are only two options - sending Kyuhyun to kill the boy or kicking him out of the warehouse. On the other hand, it is raining, quite lot. Big raindrops are drumming on the metal roof of the warehouse and Siwon sighs. His coat is wet, he is tired and doesn’t want to deal with this problem right now.

 

“Hey, kid!”

 

Siwon comes closer to the shaking boy who quickly hides his face between his knees. Siwon can see that his clothes are soaked with blood and water, he is wearing just a pair of blue jeans, yellow sweater and no shoes. His white socks are now black with dirt. Kyuhyun pushes the boxes aside and the boy shrieks in fear before scrambling away. Kyuhyun and Donghae are struggling to catch him, he is too small and fast while he hurries to find another hiding place. Siwon steps in and catches the small boy’s arm. The boy cries out in fear and suddenly goes silent. The body becomes limp and his head rolls back. Siwon watches the unmoving body which is hanging in his grip. He shakes the small body a bit to wake him up but it is useless, the boy passed out. Siwon sighs because he cant dump this too thin kid somewhere in the city, something is telling him he wouldn’t survive it. Siwon throws his cigarette away and uses his now free hand to grab the boy’s other arm before picking him up and throwing him to Donghae. Donghae is a bit rough but his heart is good. He carries the boy to their SUV and put the boy on the back seat. Siwon walks out of the warehouse and gets in his black Jeep.

 

He is heading back home, by home the mafia boss means a huge mansion which he didn't build or buy, he simply killed the previous owner. The upper floor is Siwon’s personal floor where no one can enter without his permission. Heechul, who takes care of the house and also cooks, opens the front door for his boss. He is a bit surprised to see such a young and unconscious kid in Donghae’s arms and Siwon told Heechul to take care of him. Donghae throws the boy in Heechul’s arms and the man huffed. The boy doesn’t weight much but Heechul doesn’t spend every free minute in a gym like Donghae. He carries the boy in his bedroom and gently put him down on his bed.

 

“What the hell does this mean?”

 

Heechul is looking at the boy and sighs before going in the bathroom to get supplies needed for washing him. Heechul is shocked to find the bed empty when he comes back 2 minutes later. He stares on the bed for a few seconds before running out of his bedroom. The boy isn't just awake, he is also running and frantically searching for a way out.

 

Siwon is currently standing in the kitchen, waiting for water to boil so he can make himself a cup of ramen. Heechul runs in the room, looks around with wide eyes, freezes for a moment after spotting the boss and then runs away again. Siwon frowns and goes to see what is the crazy man doing. He hears Donghae yelling something and hurries to find what is happening in his house. The boy is trying to open some of the floor-to-ceiling windows but he doesn’t know they are locked.

 

“Stop!”

 

Siwon roared and everyone else in the room stops moving. The boy is whimpering while banging his little hands against the window and Siwon slowly comes closer to him.

 

“Can you tell me your name?”

 

The boy doesn’t stop trying to open the window and Siwon reaches his hand to push him away from the window before he hurts his hands. The boy jumps away before Siwon’s hand even touched him. They can see his red and swollen face stained with tears and snots.

 

“Y.. Yesung.”

 

Siwon smiles a bit and moves away from the boy to show he wont hurt him.

 

“Okay. Yesung, can you tell me whose is the blood?”

 

The boy bursts into tears again and his whole body shakes his sobs.

 

“I didn’t mean it .... i just wanted him to stop.”

 

They don’t understand him, the only thing they know is that he hurt someone and now the police is probably looking for him.

 

“Where did it happen? Can you write me the address?”

 

Siwon put a piece of paper in front of the boy who shakily writes an address.

 

“Donghae, go there and see what is going on.”

 

Donghae nods and hurries in a car. He drives there and ends up in a nice neighborhood with family houses. In front of one of them are standing two police cars and an ambulance so Donghae doesn’t stop and just calmly drives away.

 

Meanwhile Siwon and Heechul coaxed Yesung to take a warm bath. The boy is terrified while watching Heechul who is putting different pieces of clothing on the bathroom counter and he can feel the presence of the scary man in black suit who is in the next room. At least Heechul isn’t so scary, he is kind and apologizes for not having smaller clothes that could fit him. Soon Yesung is alone in the bathroom and slowly takes off his socks and pants. His sweater is a whole different story, the front is soaked with blood which is rapidly drying and sticks to his body. Yesung struggles with taking it off and his whole body shakes so much that he collapsed. On his way down he knocked over a few things on the marble counter and Heechul knocks on the door. Yesung really tried to answer but his throat felt so dry that he couldn't force a single word out. Heechul opens the door and quickly gathers the poor kid in his arms. He carefully takes off the sweater and tosses it away before pulling Yesung up. The boy is very light so it is easy to maneuver his limp body in the bathtub and Heechul starts to run a bath. Yesung is gasping for air while Heechul his back and pours warm water over his dirty hands. Heechul sees all the bruises on the boy’s body and face but says nothing because this isn’t the best time.

 

Yesung is trembling with fear and cold and now when the adrenaline is leaving his body, he can feel how tired he is. Heechul gently wrapped him in a big towel and carried him in his bedroom. Yesung doesn't wake up when Heechul tucks him under duvets.

 

Meanwhile Siwon walks in his office and calls his best informant. He knows it is late but he needs to clarify a few things.

 

“Kibum, I need to know what happened in one house. I will send you the address.”

 

Kibum was probably asleep because he is grumbling something and when they end the call, Siwon sighs. Fine, this is done and now he can go and get some sleep.

 

The next morning is peaceful. Yesung is sleeping, too tired and beaten up to wake up before lunch time. When he woke up, he just lies in the bed and thinks what to do. They found him in their warehouse, take him home and now? They are too nice to be real so he should get out before they turn into monsters like everyone. Yesung slowly gets up from the bed and wants to sneak out of the room when the door opened. Heechul blinks in surprise and smiles at the boy.

 

“I am glad you woke up, i was a bit worried.”

 

They are looking at each other and Heechul is getting nervous.

 

“Lunch is ready if you want.”

 

Yesung nods because how can he say no to offer of food? They go downstairs in the empty kitchen while Siwon is speaking with Kibum.

 

“So ... are they suspecting him?”

 

Kibum shakes his head no and pulls out a paper.

 

“The house belonged to detective Kim Jihoon. They suggest someone who was in jail thanks to Kim wanted a revenge and killed him. They think that the suspect kidnapped detective’s son.”

 

Siwon smiles a bit and nods but Kibum continues.

 

“I have one more interesting thing. Two years ago the boy was admitted in a hospital with three broken ribs and mild concussion. A doctor reported it as home abuse. She almost lost her job and Kim with his friends cover it up.”

 

Siwon remembers Kim Jihoon. That man was huge! How could he beat his son? Yesung is so small.

 

“Okay, you can go.”

 

Siwon thinks about the news and then gets hungry so he goes in the kitchen. Heechul is watching the fragile boy stuffing his cheeks. Yesung is quickly swallowing warm tomato soup and toasts with butter and Heechul is worried he might choke. Yesung cant resist food. His father rarely allowed him to eat, he said that Yesung is the same lazy and fat like his mother so he starved him. Yesung wants to eat as much food as they give him and then he can run away.

 

Siwon walks in the kitchen and raises his eyebrows in surprise but says nothing. He pours himself a cup of coffee and watches the small teenager.

 

“How old are you?”

 

Yesung freezes for a moment before muttering the answer.

 

“17.”

 

Siwon nods and takes a sip of the warm drink. He is definitely malnourished, 17 years old boy cant be so skinny. The clothes are hanging on him and Siwon can count the vertebrae on the back of his neck.

 

“Can we know your future plans?”

 

Heechul is really worried about him. A 17 years old boy cant survive alone. On the top of that he killed his father who was a detective.

 

“We know what you did ... and we understand.”

 

Yesung drops the spoon and looks at Siwon with teary eyes.

 

“I ... I didn’t want to hurt him. I just wanted to stop him.”

 

Siwon nods and pats the boy’s little hand.

 

“I know, it is okay. You are safe here.”

 

Yesung cant trust them so easily. Safe? He doesn’t remember the last time he felt safe. After his mother left in the middle of a night his life turned into hell. His father was always drinking after work and after drinking he became violent. Who else was so helpless like Yesung? When he tried to reach for some help, his father beat him even worse. After food Siwon left and Heechul washes the dishes. Yesung is nervously biting nails while watching Heechul’s back.

 

“Do you want to buy something on my laptop?”

 

Yesung shrugs because he has no money. Heechul goes to get his computer and brings it in the kitchen.

 

“Don’t worry. Siwon’s black card has no limit.”

 

Heechul opens a website with clothes and sits down next to Yesung. Yesung is too shy to choose something so the one who is shopping is Heechul. Everything will be delivered tomorrow, Heechul needs to find some fresh small clothes for the boy. Yesung feels weird in the big house. The people around look scary, they are muscular and some of them have tattoos. Yesung even saw a few guns. However, Heechul feels warm, like a mother. Yesung is tired so he goes back in the bedroom and quickly fell asleep. He wakes up a few hours later and he feels both tired and sick. Heechul comes to check on him because dinner is ready and he wants to wake him up. Heechul put his hand on Yesung’s forehead and frowns because the boy is burning up. He runs to tell the news to Siwon who has contacts everywhere. He calls a doctor who has treated his wounded men before. The doctor, Jung Yunho, is used to being called this late so he quickly grabs his bag and drives to Siwon. He didn’t expect to find a petite boy who needs his help. Yunho doesn’t ask questions, he just examines the boy and announces it is pneumonia. Donghae goes to get medicine for him and Siwon watches Yunho who is carefully examining every inch of the boy’s body.

 

“Can you tell me where did you find him? He looks as if a truck hit him.”

 

Yunho tucks the boy under a blanket again and turned to Siwon.

 

“Please, don’t tell me it was you who beat him up.”

 

Siwon shakes his head no and comes closer.

 

“Is he going to be okay?”

 

Yunho writes something down before getting up and collecting his things.

 

“Some of his ribs were broken and healed on their own, he is too thin and there are some infected wounds on his body, but he should be okay with some food and rest.”

 

Siwon watches the unconscious young man and feels something he has never felt before. Is it fear? He is really worried about Yesung, it is his first time being worried about someone. Donghae is back with the medicine and Siwon watches Yesung if he is getting better. He can’t sleep or work when he knows that the boy is sick. Kibum is monitoring the police investigation to make sure they don’t know who killed detective Kim Jihoon. They think that the murdered kidnapped Yesung while Siwon ordered a new passport and documents for Yesung. The old Kim Yesung disappeared, from now he is Choi Yesung, Siwon’s nephew.

 

A few days passed and Yesung is feeling a bit better. He can breathe more freely and everyone is taking care of him and bringing him gifts. Nevertheless, one unwanted gift is on its way. Siwon’s ex-boyfriend Ryeowook is coming to fight for his love. Well, it is not true love. Ryeowook loves Siwon’s money and power. They fought and broke up, but Ryeowook soon decided that he doesn’t want to work, he just wants to spend Siwon’s money. It took him a long time to persuade the men who were standing at the gate, but then he finally gets in the house.

 

“Siwon, please! I will do anything you want, daddy!”

 

Siwon is trying to push Ryeowook out of the house without hurting him and Yesung heard them screaming. He sneaks out of the bedroom to see what is happening and hears them arguing. He doesn’t fully understand what happened to them. Siwon is Ryeowook’s father? He is thinking about it for the whole day before dinner time came and he goes in the dining room to eat together with Siwon. Yesung is chasing pasta around his plate and keeps glancing at Siwon while trying to collect courage to ask an important question.

 

“Can you be my daddy?”

 

Siwon chokes on the expensive wine he was drinking and splutters for a moment before calming down.

 

“What?”

 

Yesung is scared that he asked some really bad question and now wants to abandon the discussion.

 

“I heard that guy and I want you to be my daddy.”

 

Siwon nervously chuckles and thinks how to explain the relationship between him and Ryeowook.

 

“Yesung, that kind of relationship is .... different than you think. You are only 17.”

 

Yesung quickly looks away from him and tears filled his eyes. He believed that Siwon could be his father, a better father than his biological one. He understands why Siwon doesn’t want him, no one wants him. Rest of the dinner is silent and awkward and Yesung is happy to run back in his room. He hides under a blanket and cries until he fell asleep. Meanwhile Siwon is thinking about it. Yesung’s father was bastard and Yesung is just 17. He should have a family who will love him and protect him. Siwon’s relationship with Ryeowook was just ual, but this could be his chance to be a father. He doesn’t like kids, but Yesung is a teenager. At least he can try it.

 

Yesung is silently eating breakfast when Siwon comes in the kitchen.

 

“Good morning.”

Siwon sits down and waits until Heechul left before coming to Yesung.

 

“I can be your dad - I can protect you, take care of you .... I can do everything your biological father didn’t do.”

 

Yesung’s eyes shine with happiness and he quickly hugs Siwon around neck.

 

“Really?!”

 

“Yeah, but it means you will listen to me. And we will find you a teacher who will teach you here.”

 

Yesung nods because even the vision of school can’t make his happiness smaller. Siwon really kept his word. He found a teacher who will teach Yesung in a room they turned into a class. The teacher is really nice and doesn’t ask unwanted questions. Yesung is a bright student when no one bullies him and he has full stomach. He might be bright, but he still needs help with a homework. The first person he asks for help is Siwon, of course he goes to his “father” to get help. Geometry is hard and he shows the papers to Siwon who just stares on it while rubbing his chin. He can’t admit he has no idea what to do with the homework, he stares on it in hopes something from high school will appear in his head. Siwon calls Heechul because he might know this. Heechul also has no idea what to do so he called Donghae who called Hyukjae. Then they stand there around Yesung who is trying to solve the problems on his own with the help of his notes. The boy might not realize it, but if someone sees them standing in the office and working on a homework then they would think that this is a unusual but loving family.

THE END