Fated to Love You

At First Sight

Myeonghee’s POV:

“Chukahaeyo, you got in!" Hye Gun and Sun Min exclaimed in unison before we found ourselves  being squeezed into a group hug. We were shouting and jumping giddily. That moment, to describe the feeling of overjoyed is understated.  I can’t explain how happy and excited I’am by receiving this good news, knowing that it’s another step closer to my dream. Being a high school dropout, I never thought that I will be accepted in a University overseas, where I can continue my studies.  I feel lightweight as if all the burdens I'm carrying were lifted, that I'm free and I could soar so high.  I feel energized as well, that I totally forgot that I haven't got any sleep after that grueling shift from the hospital. 

“This is better not a prank.” I told them as I grasp for some air, I’m totally breathless from all the jumping we did, honestly I also feel a little bit of nervous that this is some kind of another joke life is throwing on me. 

“Yah, Kim Myeonghee, why would I pull a prank?  I go to the post office almost everyday to check if there are parcels for you and that letter it really came all the way from Germany.” Hye Gun retorted while also catching his breath. I flashed him a smile as I slowly fold the piece of paper that contain the good news . "I have no time for this, I need to go!"

“Where are you going? We still need to celebrate!” Sun Min asked when she noticed that I grabbed my bag from the chair.

“To the church, I will share this good news to Father." I happily replied. I waved goodbye to both of them and headed straight to the doorway before Sun Min could utter any word and make an attempt to stop me from going out. 

I take a few hurried steps, still looking at the folded letter. I didn't notice the door swing and there in front of me is a stranger whose broad shoulders blocking my sight of the way heading out of the studio.  I tilted my head a little to take a glimpse of who the person he is, only to see that most handsome face my eyes ever laid on.  As far as I know, I already recovered from being breathless but here standing, a man who is taking my breath away again. It may sound exaggerated but it felt like that he is a prince or a knight that just came out from a fairy tale book. I didn't know that even in just a split seconds a mind has the capacity to memorize someone else's physical features. His lanky but masculine figure stood out for sure, but at that moment my gaze were glued on his visage.  I can't help but noticed his fine-textured skin, his tall nose that looks regal, he has a thin lips and he wasn't smiling. If I may describe, the look of astonished is evident on his face, if it is because of my presence, I can't really tell. However, I feel that he is someone who is lovelier when he smile. His locks, how can I ignore how neat the way his soft bangs stick to his forehead and fall lightly on the edges of his eyelashes.  It seems that the time and our  surroundings  freezed when I saw my reflection on his orbs. I realized they were gazing back at me and I was hypnotized.  I felt my lips quiver a bit because of fear, sadness, happiness and anticipation, my emotions are flooding all over the place and I could only thank the ample distance between us. Because I'm worried and anxious that he could hear the loud beating coming from my chest.  My heart and mind are betraying each other, why can't they be working together in sync?  I don't know, but I need to break whatever spell he casted on me. Oh! Did he blink? I guess, he did a little and that gave me a signal to held down my gaze and soon I went out and left the studio as planned.  My mind says we were not on the same league and I should forget.  After all, my existence doesn't seems to matter to him and I should remain cool about it.  Just like any other strangers I bumped into, I know that the moment I walk away, I will be forgotten and I'll teach my mind to do the same. I should not remember this strange but  wonderful  encounter, I should be nonchalant of the way this stranger made me feel. Maybe that way, my heart will be at peace just like then, before he stepped in Hye Gun's place. Before I was aware that such beautiful human being could    shudder my once peaceful world. 

Hee Tae's POV:

Today's mission, wasn't really a success but I would consider it an eventful one. It wasn't easy to convince the Hospital Director to grant my request, but I will not stop, I'm Hwang Hee Tae with unyielding spirit, nothing can stop me from making things to happen. I told myself that my trip from Seoul to Gwangju will not go into waste, but then I needed a place where I can stay the night and returning to my father's place is not the best option.

As I headed to Hye Gun's studio my mind wandered back to the incident that happened in the hospital earlier. I cannot forget that scene and that small-framed, cheeky nurse. It's a rare situation that I witnessed something entertaining or amusing rather and thanks to her my day  turned bright and extraordinary. 

I opened the door of the studio without even knocking. I know Hye Gun will be surprised but what's the point, I never really had a chance to notify him that I'll be coming and should I worry? Well,I'm confident  that he will welcome me wholeheartedly. We were good friends after all.

I know the fact that life is full of twist and turn and didn't I know that something more exhilarating will take place. I bumped into this girl who is holding a piece of paper and seems to be in a hurry to notice my entrance.  Good thing I have good motor control, that I prevented an accident to occur, cause if not, the two of us might experience the most awkward and painful fall if we suddenly hit the floor. Aist, I could not imagine myself crashing into her small and delicate frame. Though it seems that I prevented ourselves from falling. In contrast my heart seems jumped out from my chest as soon as I saw her face. The truth is I'd met countless of  beautiful women in my entire existence but no one left a lasting impression on me the way she  did.  For me, she is different in a beautiful sense. Her barefaced is refreshing at sight, unlike most women I know who accentuated their faces with  loads of makeup. The simplicity of her outfit surprisingly can outshine the most fashionable women of this town. Her long shiny mane falls right there in the small of her back and a curtain of bangs softly framing her prominent cheeks which I'm too tempted to tuck in between her ears. Surely, I'm drawn into her cute little nose. However, I'm more amused in her eyes, those kind looking eyes that have so much story to tell. I'm not sure if they're smiling but there's also an apparent glint of sadness and longingness.  The very moment that our eyes met, it felt like they were holding a long deep conversation.  It's more than just my reflection that I'm seeing  but it's my soul deeply imbedded on her irises. That gaze that I want to hold onto forever. How she leave  me breathless  when I noticed that her lips are slightly parted, maybe because of shock. I never wanted anything in my life but to be the reason for a smile to break from those lips. I know they will only utter kind words and if isn't too much, I would like to hear them say beautiful words like "Im yours or I love you too".  Also if I will be greedy I would like to feel her lips against mine and breathe the same air she breathe. Gosh, what I'm thinking my imaginations are now running wild and I know I should shun them immediately. She's an epitome of a respectable woman and someone who needs to be loved and cherished. Did I mentioned the word love, was it to early to acknowledge that kind of emotion! Those thought made me gulp a bit and I didn't realized I blinked. As I said, I want to hold on to that gaze as long as I can, but the next thing I knew is that she broke our eye contact. My eyes could only follow her suit as she headed her way out in a flash while I'm still rooted on my place  contemplating if I will follow her. 

"What, Hwang, Hee Tae!" It's Hye Gun voice that made me back to the reality in a snap, realizing the main reason why I'm here at his studio.

"How have you been?" My plain answer as I flashed him my signature smile.

In the back of my mind, I hear a voice saying "If it's fate that brought us here in this place, I'm pretty sure we will meet again  because that's how it should work and I'm Hwang Hee Tae, I'll make sure it will happen with or without the help of fate"