part iii.

traitor.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjeong hasn’t always been in love with Jimin. From the moment they met as kids, till they reached high school; Minjeong never really thought about Jimin as something more than a friend. But, how could she not when Jimin confessed shortly after their freshman year? It messed Minjeong’s insides, hell it messed with her mind. Your childhood best friend, the one you promised to be with forever suddenly saying she liked you ever since. It was the worst, especially the fact that after Jimin confessed, the first thing she saw was a happy future with her. 

 

After confessing, Jimin started to court her; buying her food, carrying her books, fetching and walking her home. They’ve both grown accustomed to their routine as Minjeong found herself slowly falling into the depths of Jimin’s eyes. Her dark brown deep eyes that held so much emotion, so much sincerity that Minjeong couldn’t help but get lost in. She had fallen so deeply that she couldn’t get back up.

 

--

 

“How’s Jimin, Minjeong? I haven’t seen her in a while.”, Minjeong choked on her food, clearly taken aback from her mother’s question. “U-uh, she’s okay. Head of the cheerleading team.”, her mom eyed her suspiciously. “Did you two fight?”

 

“What? O-of course not! We’re fine, don’t worry about us.”, Minjeong whispered the last part of her sentence as she felt a lump forming in . Not now, please.

 

She hurriedly finished her food before stumbling towards her room, scared that her mom would see her sob over Jimin. It didn’t help that her mom was as fond of Jimin as she was, it didn’t help that her mom’s looking for her. It didn’t help that her heart still longed for her. Why was it? That when she finally fell too hard for Jimin, that was where it all went wrong?

 

With tears blurring her eyes, Minjeong grabbed her phone as she dialed her best friend’s number. 

 

Y: Hey, Min. What’s up?

 

M: Y-Yizhuo. *sob* 

 

Y: Holy , Minjeong. What happened to you? I’ll be there in 5, don’t do anything stupid.

 

*call ended*

 

After minutes of crying to herself and minutes of trying to alleviate the electrifying yet numbing pain in her chest, Yizhuo finally arrived. She immediately succumbed to Yizhuo’s arms as she cried on her shoulder with the other just remaining quiet, caressing Minjeong’s back as she held her like a fragile little girl. 

 

Once Minjeong calmed down, she stood up, retrieving a single photo from her bedside as she handed it to Yizhuo. She didn’t have the energy to talk anymore, so she hopes that even for a while, their memories could talk for her. That their memories could tell the stories she couldn’t bear to tell any longer.

Their beginning, their happy, sad, and agonizing memories. And finally, the memory of her finally letting go of all the promises they made that she was stupid enough to believe in.

 

- flash back -

 

Brown guilty eyes and little white lies, yeah, I played dumb but I always knew

That you'd talk to her, maybe did even worse; I kept quiet so I could keep you.

 

“Hey, Min.”, Minjeong felt her girlfriend sit beside her as she blankly stared at her phone screen, not even minding to look back at her nor greet her back. “Look, I’m sorry for today, okay? I had no choice but to go along, you know I have a reputation to protect.”, Minjeong laughed slightly as she tried to take in Jimin’s reason for the bullying incident. It was always her reputation over Minjeong. She never knew how her Jimin changed once they entered university. One minute she was Minjeong’s sweet, understanding, and caring girlfriend; next, she’s a stranger who only cared about her reputation and fame. “It’s fine, Jimin. I understand.”, she quietly muttered to the other. “Do you wanna eat out with me?”

 

“I can’t, Min. Sorry. I have- uh- cheerleading practice today. Coach is making us practice additional hours for the nearing competition.”, Jimin stood up, removing Minjeong’s hand on her in the process. “I have to go, Min. I’ll talk to you lat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter