skin has gotten thicker, but it burns the same

sweet as whole

Yoohyeon couldn’t believe her eyes.

Her previously high good mood took a 180 and plummeted down into the deepest places in hell. It had been years since she had been like this, more specifically since the last time she had been near her during their graduation’s after party. 

(A memory that had taken years in therapy for Yoohyeon to push to the back of her mind because it had been something that she couldn’t easily forget).

Yoohyeon’s hands formed a fist, why on earth was Kim ing Minji ruining her perfectly good day?

Minji’s surprised voice took Yoohyeon out of her musings, “What the hell are you doing here?” 

She scoffed, “Me? What are you doing here? Last time I checked this is private poverty. My private property and you are trespassing.”

Your private property? This is my private property and I have the papers to prove it”, Minji scoffed and didn’t give time for Yoohyeon to respond before heading once again to the back room.

The nerve of her!, Yoohyeon furiously thought before following Minji to the back.

“I am being serious!” Yoohyeon exclaimed, “You better leave before I call the police!”

Papers being shoved in her face stopped her from entering the back room. Kim Minji was seriously getting on her nerves and Yoohyeon was on the verge of seriously losing it.

And if there was something she recalled from their high school days, it wouldn’t be a pretty sight. 

(Surely, it would also end with broken knuckles and bruised faces just like the not so good old days).

Yoohyeon pushed the papers away from her face, “Yah! What’s wrong with you?”

“I will break it down for you in case you’re still the dumb blonde you were in high school”, Minji spat out, “This contract right here”, she waved the papers in front of Yoohyeon’s face, “says that I’m the legit owner of this place”.

Yoohyeon pushed Minji back with one hand, then she took her folder out and shoved her own contract in front of Minji’s face. 

Two could play that game.

“Unless the perpetual stick on your made you forget how to read”, Yoohyeon pointed at her own contract, “you can clearly see here that I am the owner”.

They both glared at each other for a minute before snatching the other’s contracts away to take a closer look at it. 

The only thing that could be heard inside the place was their heavy breathing, their eyes reading furiously the other’s contract trying to find a flaw.

Which they couldn’t.

“Ugh”, Minji groaned before taking out her phone. “Don’t make yourself too comfortable in here, I’ll deal with this and with you in less than a jiffy”.

Yoohyeon rolled her eyes, of course Kim Minji had a Caviar iPhone 12 Pro. The brunette had always liked to show off her riches and it always made Yoohyeon’s blood boil, something that had not changed as Yoohyeon basically shot daggers with her eyes at Minji.

“You’re the one that shouldn’t make themselves comfortable”, Yoohyeon said as she watched Minji walk to the other side of the place, away from the blonde’s prying ears.

The tension inside the store could be cut by a knife, both women felt so uncomfortable at the other’s presence but did their best to not let it show. Just like they did in high school.

After several minutes, Minji stomped back to Yoohyeon.

“My lawyer will meet with us in her office, where we’ll settle this once and for all”.

Yoohyeon couldn’t believe the nerve of Kim Minji, always expecting everyone else to just nod at whatever she said and follow along to her plans. But not Yoohyeon, she had always been one that went against the current and had always refused to behave like Minji’s lapdog.

“Well, my lawyer wants us to meet in her office”, Yoohyeon crossed her arms in defiance.

Minji laughed, “You? Having a lawyer? Don’t make me laugh”.

Of course, Minji was right

Yoohyeon didn’t have a lawyer and couldn’t even be able to afford one even if she wanted, but Minji didn’t need to know that.

So it all went down to the most used trick in her books: Fake it till you make it

“You don’t know me and you don’t know my life.” she stared at Minji right in the eyes without wavering, trying to make her point across. “A lot has changed since high school”, 

With a scoff, Minji took out her phone once again before texting someone.

“Well, let’s have both of our lawyers meet us here then”.

“Fine”, Yoohyeon also took her phone, taking care to hide it from Minji’s sight, lest the brunette saw it was an iPhone 6 that had seen better days if the cracked screen and the chipped corner were any indication.


from: pinky
yo

this is an sos

from: the brain

new phone who dis

from: pinky
you’re almost like elle woods right?

from: the brain

if by elle woods you mean a lawyer… yeah

why?

from: pinky
well

i need one of those :v

please come in 10 minutes to this address

[sent location]

from: the brain

the ?

from: pinky
please help me obi juan you’re my only ho

from: the brain

fine

you owe me dinner tho


“My lawyer will be here in ten minutes”, Yoohyeon said.

“Mine will be here in five”, Minji smiled smugly.

Ugh, of course her lawyer will be here in five, Yoohyeon internally groaned. There was nothing more that she wanted right this moment than take down Minji a peg or two down, but that’d have to wait after Yoohyeon was deemed the rightful owner of this place.

There was just no way she’d let Kim Minji get away with anything.


so we're kind back?? sorry for the klong delay, i've been having a writer's block with several fics and had 0 motivation after work. being an adult is hard.
hope you liked this chapter.
any mistakes are mine


you can also find me on
tw: @anothershipper

tellonym.me/anothershipper
☕: /anothershipper