fin.

ice cream always mended broken hearts

summer isn't lisa's favorite. 

"chaeng! come help me with my jacket please!" she shouted, voice muffled under her thick jacket that she tried to get off but just couldn't. 

coming from the kitchen with ice cream tubs, the scene that greeted chaeyoung didn't fail to give her the giggles. 

"what the are you doing lalisa?" she said, settling down the ice cream down a table and helping the younger girl. 

"i just wanted to wear it okay!" lisa defended herself, finally getting freed from the clothing restraint. She glared at the outerwear, silently cursing and blaming it for getting her trapped for a minute too long. 

"it's literally forty degrees outside, why would you want to wear that," chaeyoung started, examining the jacket that was discarded on the couch. "hideous looking jacket?" 

she plopped down the seat and handed the other ice cream tub to lisa. 

"chocolate?" lisa asked incredously. "i asked for bubblegum!" she whined. nonetheless, she opened the tub, though with a pout on her face. chaeyoung shrugged, already slurping on her mango ice cream. 

"that'll have to do babe, they're both ice cream anyway." she nodded her head as she spoke her statement, wanting to convince lisa that she won't need to change flavor.

"fine, whatever. you're lucky you're cute." lisa huffed, a smile slowly making its way on her lips. 

they ate in silence, reveling in each other's presence. the buzz of the airconditioning unit permeating the stillness of the surroundings, but even with the added coldness, the two was drenched in sticky sweat. 

"why is it so hot today?" chaeyoung grumbled, patting her full stomach as she placed the empty tub on the coffee table. lisa watched her every movement, slightly in awe at how the girl could look so beautiful even with pieces of hair stuck on her forehead.

"why are you looking at me like that?" the elder asked, intrigued at the awe-stricken expression lisa sported on her face. the latter shook her head as she processed the question. 

"nothing, you just look beautiful." lisa muttered. both of them blushed, chaeyoung because of the compliment and lisa because it seemed too cringe for her. to alleviate her apparent embarrassment, she offered her ice cream. 

"more ice cream?" she asked shyly. she observed the way chaeyoung's eyes lit up, the brown in her iris suddenly swirling with golden magic in it.

&

lisa sighed for the umpeenth time that night. the stack of schoolwork that was placed on her study table never seemed to end, she was actually starting to get a headache. she rested her head on the opened chemistry book and closed her eyes for a second. 

chaeyoung had never seen lisa this stressed before; the finals must've been too much for her. she gently closed the door of their bedroom and trudged towards the snoring lisa. she cradled her cheeks, softly caressing it. she looked so beautiful in chaeyoung's mind, so serene and peaceful, she didn't want to disrupt that tranquility. 

"baby, let's get you to bed so you can sleep properly hmm?" chaeyoung whispered, carefully plucking out lisa's arm from its uncomfortable position. the brunette just hummed, her face already on its way to tuck itself on to chaeyoung's neck, her action made chaeyoung smile. 

people had seen chaeyoung as this lanky lady, but her strength always surprised people around her. she could easily carry lisa like she was a ragdoll and tonight was no exception to that.

"love you chae." she heard lisa mutter in her sleepy haze. the grin never leaving her lips, already painful at how wide it is.

tucking lisa in, she couldn't help but closely observe her long eye lashes. chaeyoung's eyes trailed lower, her fingers following suit. she hoped that her touches were light, but even if it weren't, there was nothing that could stop her from tracing and engraving lisa's beautiful face in her mind. 

her eyes stopped on lisa's button nose. the nose she loved to kiss after leaving a kiss on her lips, loving the way it scrunched under her touch. she lightly caressed lisa's cheeks as she trailed lower, her eyes finally landing on her lips. those soft lips that's oh-so-kissable. kissing lisa always leaves chaeyoung begging for air, like she was getting drowned in the the most delightful pleasure to ever exist.

"you know, my parents always said that staring is rude." lisa's hoarse voice brought her out of her reverie. chaeyoung looked back at lisa's eyes, noticing how her eyelids would flutter like a butterfly wing, it looked beautiful. 

"you're just too pretty not to stare at, love." chayeoung whispered back, pecking lisa's lips. "want some ice cream?" she asked, the hand on lisa's face still her cheeks. 

lisa nodded with a smile. her arms circled around chaeyoung's slender waist, enjoying the warmth the blonde radiated.

"i'm always up for ice cream."

&

chaeyoung trashed around the bed for a little bit, her tiredness already wearing off. that's when she noticed the absence on the bed. she looked at her left, the empty space radiating coldness that seeped into her skin. she didn't like mornings without lisa. 

she sat up and stayed there for a second, the silence slightly comforting her. she gazed to the side to see a note lying on top of their bedside drawer. 

morning love! sorry had to leave this morning, exams start too early :( 
i'll make it up to you baby, promise. i love you!

(p.s. made a little surprise for you! it's along the path towards the kitchen!) 

this excited chaeyoung and the feeling somehow overshadowed her longing for lisa. she got up from the bed, already seeing a little note by the door. 

if i had to write a list of things i love about you, i would never ever stop writing! <3

chaeyoung read over the note dozen of times, the flutter in her chest doubling in size as she absorbed the words lisa had written to her. she folded the note and continued her journey to the kitchen. stuck on the stairs' railing was another note.

you should get arrested for the crime of stealing my heart >.< 

that one made chaeyoung laugh until tears sprung in her eyes. lisa surely had a way with words, though sometimes her flirting skills always consisted of pick up lines gathered from the internet. 

chaeyoung didn't complain. she loved the cheesy and cringy pick-up lines because it wasn't the words that leaves her heart pounding wildly, it was lisa. 

she continued on to the kitchen, finally finding the last piece of note sitting on top of a covered plate. 

jokes aside, i love you chaeng. no amount of words could ever explain how much i love you, so here's a plate of bacons, eggs and sausages. also, please look at the freezer, i left you a note there too.

neatly folding the note, she left all the paper on the table before walking towards the fridge to get the last note lisa promised her. 

a yellow note taped on a container of mango ice cream read, 

have a date with me later evening? 8 pm, my love. dress like usual, you look beautiful in everything. <3

maybe chaeyoung could have ice cream as her breakfast. 

&

chaeyoung touched the pendant on her neck as she melted against lisa's embrace. 

"d'you like it baby?" lisa whispered, hot breath fanning over chaeyoung's already red ear. she suddenly felt hypersensitive, she could feel lisa's heartbeat against her back. lisa's fleeting touch on her waist felt blazing hot. 

"of course i do," she answered, looking at the shiny silver between her fingers. "i like everything you give me." the statement made lisa's arms tighten around her. 

"i love you." lisa mumbled, tiredness catching up to her. chaeyoung could feel her body relax under her and it made her smile softly. 

"we should sleep lis." chaeyoung said, removing lisa's grip around her and instead entwining their fingers. lisa mumbled something she couldn't quite hear. 

"what did you say?" the blonde asked, tugging on to lisa's hand, which caressed her thumb lovingly. 

"i said, you look beautiful under the dim lights." lisa muttered, grinning to herself as she watched pink color chaeyoung's cheeks. speaking of cheeks, she had to pinch those cheeks, so she did. chaeyoung giggled at her, lisa's sleepiness causing her arm to fall limply on her side after her pinching session. 

"come, let's get you to bed."

the older girl worried for the younger as she comes home worn out most of the time. this is the 5th time this week that she had to half-carry the brunette and it concerns chaeyoung that she might not be taking care of herself.

finally reaching their room, she situated lisa on their bed. she took notice of the eyebags under the girl's eyes and sighed. kissing them softly, she laid beside the already sleeping girl, exhaustion weighing down upon her as she stared up at the ceiling. 

lisa felt a shuffle on the bed, then a slight creak. it's been the fifth time that night that she felt some movement and she just couldn't ignore it any longer. laying on her back, she changed positions to lay on her side. she fluttered her eyes open just to be met with chaeyoung's sitting figure. the window was slightly opened, allowing wind to enter their bedroom. lisa observed the way chaeyoung's hair danced along the night breeze; even with her back turned, lisa thought she looked beautiful. 

"why are you awake princess?" she asked, voice laced with sleep. she observed how chaeyoung's slumped figure suddenly turned rigid at the presence of her voice. she noticed the fidgety fingers twirling her blonde hair. 

"just not tired, that's all." chaeyoung muttered. she turned around to face the brunette, not before plastering a soft smile on her face to ease the worry bubbling down lisa's throat. she noticed how lisa's eyes brightened up at seeing her face and it physically pained her; getting a glimpse of lisa's love pained her for some unknown reason. maybe it was just all her unruly thoughts. she chose to shake it off and walked back to their bed. 

lisa noticed the far-away look chaeyoung had on her eyes. it didn't shine as much as it did before their life got hectic because of school, and she somehow blamed herself for it. chaeyoung sat down beside her but she was sure her mind was somewhere else. lisa carefully took her hand, afraid that the smallest touch could break the vulnerable state she was in. she it like what she usually would do.

"are you okay love?" lisa's voice made chaeyoung's eyes water and she didn't know why. she didn't know a lot of things, she didn't know what was going on, she didn't know how this happened. she didn't know why, but she looked at lisa's eyes, the same eyes that always had this effect on her, and maybe she didn't have to have an answer as long as lisa is beside her. as long as lisa is there.

"i'll be." chaeyoung answered truthfully. lisa opened her arms and the blonde succumbed to her warm embrace. 

"let's," lisa started, combing through chaeyoung's locks. "go get ice cream later okay?" 

"it's 2 am lis," chaeyoung said worriedly. she could feel lisa's refusal at her statement, the shake of her head indicating that she didn't care. 

"and so? ice cream is great any time of the day." lisa kissed her on the head, inhaling the scent that's strongly so chaeyoung. 

&

lisa could sense that something shifted. chaeyoung was her usual bubbly self but something just didn't feel right. with herself, with chaeyoung, with them, she wasn't exactly sure. it bugged her mind every day and it affected her studies that made everything more stressful; it was a viscious cycle that lisa wants to get out off.

"baby? what do you want for dinner?" chaeyoung asked, straining her voice so it could hopefully reach lisa who was studying in their room. she continued on rummaging through their pantry but she never got a reply, so after deciding on a simple dish--tomato sauce on pasta--she left the ingredients on the table to check on the younger. 

slowly opening their bedroom door, lisa sleeping on the desk was the first thing that she noticed. she sighed. 

"when will you take care of yourself." chaeyoung muttered. she took a pillow from their bed and gently placed it undeer lisa's arm so her neck wouldn't be too bent. she lowered herself down to admire lisa's face. her bags got darker and her cheekbones were more prominent than before.

"lisa, what are you doing to yourself." chaeyoung whispered, the ache on her chest growing as she looked at the girl that she deemed as the love of her life, but nothing with her face, with her actions, nor with her self, was similar to the girl chaeyoung loved so dearly. 

lisa could hear faint sniffles and that brought her out her sleepy state. however, she didn't dare open her eyes when the touch on her cheeks stopped, just when she heard a creak of the door while it closes. she knew chaeyoung was worried, she was worried with herself too, but the thought of something changing between the two of them just didn't want to leave her mind completely. it sent her off the edge, always vigilant at the slight change of tone, always alert of the expressions chaeyoung made. 

she didn't know that being caught up in the thought of their relationship changing, she changed too. the realization came too late and in a sticky note on top of a tub of her favorite ice cream.

i'm sorry lis. i love you, always.

the ice cream inside was already melted when she opened it, her wobbly legs swaying under her just like how the liquid swayed just to be spilled across the floor when her arms were too shaky to hold the container. 

lisa never liked hot weather, she never liked summer and this just made her hate it even more. 

&

lisa looked at her watch. she patiently stood in line to buy ice cream, realizing that she hasn't eaten anything since her meeting finished earlier. 

she just wanted a damn ice cream why the was it taking too long? she looked at her watch again, counting down the minutes until it reached five p.m., it honestly was still a long way to go but she was just impatient. she tapped her foot agitatedly as it reached 4:30. her eyes gazed upwards to look at the almost empty park, a familar figure catching her attention. 

"miss do you plan on buying or do you just want to watch the park?" the ice cream vendor scolded her. she now noticed that she was already holding up the line. 

"chocolate ice cream on a cup please," she said, looking back at the figure playing with a kid. "and a mango one too."

chaeyoung fixed the girl's bangs, wiping the sweat off of her forehead with an extra towel.

"don't get too dirty playing with hank, okay aly?" she said, brushing off the several dirt paw prints on the girl's shirt. the young girl smiled, her twoo big front teeth sticking out. it reminded chaeyoung of a cute bunny. 

"yes mom." aly said before hopping away to go play with their dog again. 

"you're a mom now?" chaeyoung whipped her head to where the familar voice came from, eyes instantly widening at the sight of the only woman that could make her heart flutter. 

"lisa."

the woman smiled as her name rolled off of chaeyoung's tongue. it felt weird to hear, but she missed it. after all this years, she missed chaeyoung.

"hi chae, long time no see?" she greeted, handing the extra ice cream cup to the lady that still had her heart even after several years being apart. chaeyoung took the ice cream gratefully, mouth and eyes still wide as saucers. she noticed that lisa got her her favorite ice cream. 

she remembered.

"of course i do," lisa said, slurping down her ice cream. chaeyoung just realized that she said that aloud. "i still remember everything about you." their eyes met and it felt like like everything returned to the moment before it all went down. lisa's eyes was as bright as it could be, shining with the same mirth chaeyoung fell in love with. chaeyoung's eyes was still the same, brown pools swirling with warmth lisa got fond of. 

it was like their time apart never happened.

maybe summers weren't so bad at all.

 

 

a/n : twas fluff right!! anyway, not my best but wtv, i think its subpar, hope you enjoyed. this was inspired by julia and joshua's speech on paubaya mv, so if anyone wants "the talk" tell me and i could just create another chapter for it. <3