pt. I

1 step forward, 3 steps back.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I suggest listening to '1 step forward. 3 steps back' while reading ~ enjoyy!

 

-

 

Called you on the phone today. Just to ask you how you were. All I did was speak normally

Somehow, I still struck a nerve.


 

Minjeong sighed for the nth time as she looked back and forth from her phone. It has been a whole week since her girlfriend, Jimin, called, texted or even met her in person. There was no explanation, not even one as to why she suddenly disappeared. Having been in what Jimin calls a ‘private’ relationship, she couldn’t just go and approach her girlfriend in school, especially when Jimin specifically told her to keep them a secret. , right. But she was willing to do anything for the girl. 

 

Minjeong took in a deep breath, holding her trembling hand before nervously clicking the call button. As each ring echoed through her room, Minjeong felt as if her heart was gonna burst. 

 

J: Hello? 

 

M: J-Jimin, it’s been long since we last talked or seen each other.

 

J: Minjeong, it’s just been a week! Stop being such a clingy !

 

Minjeong felt tears welling up in her eyes.

 

M: I-I just wanted to ask how you were, Ji.

 

J: I’m fine! 

 

*called ended*

 

Minjeong felt tears stain her cheeks as she looked back at her phone, wondering what she did wrong. Wondering why Jimin finally felt wrong for her. It’s ed up; she’s ed up, everything is. 

 

You got me ed up in the head, girl. Never doubted myself so much, like, am I pretty? Am I fun, girl?

I hate that I give you power over that kinda stuff.

 

-

 

And maybe in some masochistic way, I kind of find it all exciting. Like, which lover will I get today?

Will you walk me to the door or send me home crying?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter