Namjoon

Sense and sensuous

Namjoon stared at his mom with appreciation. Such a petit woman but with a strength of a giant. She was making dinner, his favorite dish. 

"Why are you looking at me like that and smiling? "
She asked him 

"Nothing mom I just like  watching you cook
He said 

"Yeah right, that's because I'm making your favorite dish isn't it? "
He laughed showing his dimples even more.

Namjoon really admired his mother. Ever since his father died 7 years ago, she had to raise him and his little brother alone. At the beginning she had to get two jobs to support the family, he saw how his mother came home every night tired and stressed.

He didn't want his mother to work so hard so when he was old enough he decided to get a job to help at the house. He got a part time as a waitress at a restaurant. It didn't pay much but at least he could help his mom with the bills and save a little for himself. It was a relief when she quited one of the jobs now she is more rested and calm. He could see that. 

"Son instead of standing there just watching me cook why don't you go and set the table? Hm?" 
He laughed again

"Yes mom

As he went to the living room Namjoon looked at the family photo hanging on the wall. "Dad, Dad look at this" 6 year old Namjoon said as he ran to his father to show him his drawing "wow did you draw this my son? Very pretty" His father admired his drawing like it was a Picasso art.

"yes this is you, mom and Hyunsik" Namjoon said pointing at every character he draw.

"Very good son but why am I wearing a cape?" His dad asked curious

"Because you are a hero dad, you're my hero"

"Am I?"

Namjoon nooded "yes because you take care of me, mom and Hyunsik, and you play with me and help me do my homework"

Gowoon looked at his son with tears in his eyes, ruffling his hair and said "And you know what else I can do? Attack you with tickles"

"No! " Namjoon said laughing as his dad tickled him continuously.

A tear fell from his eyes at that flashback. He wiped it quickly and finished setting up the table as his mom came with the food. The smell was delicious and the food looked amazing.

"Hyunsik dinner is ready" His mom shouted The little boy appeared seconds after.

"Go wash your hands first" Namjoon said to his brother

"Yes hyung " Hyunsik sighed as he got up.

When they were all reunited at the table Hyunsik started telling them about his day at school, his mom listening carefully to her son. Namjoon looked at both smiling. From now on he would take care of them.