hate you love someone else

hate everything

 

Yoona sighed as she faced the news again. She couldn't believe this was happening, she felt so guilty; although nothing was her fault. She could barely lean against the table and hold her cell phone at the same time. She wanted to curl up in her bed and cry until there was not a drop of water left in her body.

 

She didn't even notice when her finger slid over the number she knew so well, though it had changed many times over the years. She always found herself dialing it absently, wondering if she would ever have the courage to call her again.

 

"Hello?" The voice she knew so well sounded through the device and Yoona closed her eyes, remembering the fantasies she had with that woman.

 

"Is it true?" She asked quietly, just wanting to hear a yes or no.

 

“Yoona…”

 

“Jessica, answer me. I just need to know if you're going to marry him.” Begged Im, gripping the wood of the table tightly. She wanted the hard material to break in her hands, but she only felt pain.

 

"I accepted," Jessica replied from the other end, her voice breaking softly. Yoona couldn't hold back the tears that welled up in her eyes and the sob that came out of . She laid her head against the wood and hated herself even more for being so vulnerable.

 

She hated that Jessica was loving someone else. She hated the fantasy in her mind of Jung walking into a church in a white dress to meet her. She hated that she was so weak that she couldn't even hold back her tears long enough for when she got home.

 

She had such high hopes, she thought they were making progress. They had met twice, without fear that the media might catch them. Yoona had already fought with Sooman and the SM directors for them to understand that she would be meeting the other woman no matter what they thought.

 

She thought she was making an advance. But no, she had just regressed. And now, the love of her life would be marrying someone else. They would be an eternal “almost” that never worked.

 

"Are you happy?" Yoona asked, her voice hoarse, hearing Jessica's cry on the other side.

 

“I-I am…” Jung replied and even across the line, Im could see the lie. But she couldn't delude herself anymore.

 

“I'm happy then. I love you." Spoke the younger woman, before hanging up.

 

She shrank back in her chair and sobbed loudly, hiding her face in her hands. She knew she needed to get out of there, crying in her dressing room was not something a veteran actress like her should be doing. But she didn't care about anything else, she just hated everything. Hated everyone. She just wished she could be like him who would take the love of her life down the aisle while she just watched videos from the dark of the house she bought thinking that one day they could raise children there. But nothing she ever dreamed would come true. Jessica was engaged and would be married soon. She would be alone forever.