Laying It Out About Layouts

Applyfic Rants

Hello, friends! Did you miss me? Do not stress because I am back with more things to rant about. :)

First, just stop stealing codes of layouts from other people. This includes keeping the credit in the layout but not following the rules of the layout shop and commenting that you are using their code. It is just very rude to not follow very basic rules like this. This applies to using codes from layouts shops on AFF and especially, Roleplayrepublic (RPR). In fact, people stealing codes from RPR is the most common problem I have seen here. Just because you are posting on AFF does not mean that RPR layouts are free to use without proper crediting. AFF and RPR are sister sites and many users have accounts on both. They can see you stealing layouts and have every right to report you to the RPR coder. Do not complain if suddenly RPR layouts become exclusive to the site or friends-only because the coders just want to protect their works from being stolen by inconsiderate and lazy AFF users.

Second, some of you just need to get off your high horse and realize that you are not the Picasso of layouts and aesthetics. Things like rounded corners and Microsoft/Apple windows frames are not unique aesthetics that you magically came up with just by yourself. They are very common aesthetics that many AFF coders have used in the past thanks to it being popular on sites such as Tumblr and Pinterest. In fact these have been used among coders on RPR long before AFF. Any coder should be able to freely include these in their layout designs without you falsely claiming “plagiarism”. I just would not be surprised if those who whine about being “copied” are the same ones who take ideas from RPR layouts and do not give proper credits for inspiration. Just remember that nothing is truly original especially in this day and age. So do not attack other people's hard work just because they happen to use similiar and commonly used aeshetics when you have done the same. They likely were inspired by other people's layouts rather than your layouts anyway. Being an egotistical hyprocrite is just not very cute.