last

A playlist for you

There are various ways for a person to confess. In terms of confessing this was where one’s creativity would expand even more as they think of ways to confess. Chaewon wanted this to be special, but she also wanted it to be simple. Her back resting comfortably on her bed as she stares at her ceiling. “It hasn’t been that long but I feel like falling already.” She whispers softly to herself as she shuts her eyes tightly. What was she thinking? It had only been less than a month and yet she was already starting to like this person in a non-platonic way.

Sitting up, she stares at her blanket before lifting it up to look for her phone, with the lights off it was a bit hard for her to find her phone but when she had felt her phone, she was quick to type her password. Without hesitating she starts typing, sending one message after another. Biting her lower lip as she looks at all the messages she had sent before turning beet red. “Oh god, what am I even sending to her.” Her thumb on her phone’s screen as she scrolls up to read the first part that she had sent.

Although if one were to see their conversation it would just seem like it really had been days since they started talking but, Chaewon doesn’t understand as to why a day with them talking already feels like weeks. It slipped out of Chaewon’s thoughts as she found herself back to her previous position which was her facing the ceiling. “What is going on with me nowadays?” She had lost count at the times when she had found herself sighing as she closed her eyes and tried to get some sleep.

While trying to sleep she smiles as she thinks as to how the person she likes reacted to the songs that she had sent. “I do hope you won’t question my music taste.” Chaewon laughs at her own statement before covering herself with her blanket.

Chaewon is frustrated. She didn’t get an ounce of sleep because she was suddenly on her study table, writing and singing from time to time despite knowing that it was already some ungodly hour. Feeling her phone vibrate she jumps slightly as she checks as to what the notification was about. A bright smile had been plastered to her face as she quickly typed a reply. No longer feeling sleepy she stands up to take a bath. “God my cheeks hurt from smiling.” Chaewon complains as she rubs her cheeks only to smile even more. “Why am I feeling things like these?” Chaewon shakes her head as she grabs her towel.

Chaewon yawns as she tries to stay awake. She doesn’t even know why she’s staying up when now that she’s sleepy she can take this as a chance to finally sleep. “I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to send another song before I go and sleep.” Chaewon stares at her playlist as she looks for a song to send. “This’ll do, I think.”

Closing her laptop, she walked towards her bed and almost immediately fell asleep while a thought of her worrying about the song had stayed.

Chaewon doesn’t get as to why she was on her laptop again, and there was a notebook beside her as well as Spotify being opened. “Again, what am I doing?” Chaewon bites her lower lip as she looks at the notebook beside her, a specific page of the notebook was filled with songs that Chaewon could possibly add to the playlist. Yes, she was making a Spotify playlist for someone. Specifically, for Choi Yena.

Adding one song after another, she pouts. “What if she finds my music taste strange?” Chaewon murmured as she listened to the playlist. She thinks this was enough songs, but she couldn’t help but eventually add one song after another. “I should probably send this to her now.” Chaewon works up the courage to send the playlist as she covers her face with her palms. Looking up, she almost slammed her head on her table when she realized she had only sent one song. “My god, Kim Chaewon, how did you not notice…” She grumbled as she copied the link to the playlist before sending it to Yena.

Sighing in relief when she sees that the playlist had been sent. Chaewon knows that Yena would probably not think too much about it and would just shrug it off, but to Chaewon, she takes this as a subtle way of confessing. It has been less than a week since they got to know about each other, and Chaewon doesn’t know why she feels attached to Yena already. There was something about the older that made Chaewon feel at ease, that made Chaewon feel that she could lean on the older whenever something weighs her down. There are so many things about the older that Chaewon could not put it into words even if she thinks about it for the rest of the day.

Choi Yena, although they had just started talking, has Kim Chaewon falling for her already.

Aside from feeling safe and at ease, what else was really there? Was it the way Yena reacted to the things she had said before? Was it the way Yena would word things sometimes that makes her feel comfortable? Like Chaewon had thought before, even if she thinks about it for the rest of the day or even if she thinks about it for a week or a month, she’ll just be left with millions of possibilities and some would end up not making any sense.

However, Chaewon knows that even if she did confess, she was going to get rejected anyway. If ever the day comes and she ends up confessing again but this time it would be much more obvious and she would get rejected, her way of treating Yena would still be the same, but she would most likely just lessen the amount of the times she would do it.

And Chaewon is fine with that. After all, she refuses to make the older uncomfortable.