two.

Écrivaine

It has been three whole weeks since Minjeong started conversing with user krny00, a very hardworking author that she met on the online site where she publishes her stories. The blonde was also able to get to know the girl better and she has never been so grateful in her entire life. They surely shared the same interests and their conversations never went dull– even if Minjeong was aware how boring she is as a person. 

Her name was Yoo Jimin and she graduated as an English major. Minjeong also found out that they had different time zones so she pushed herself to adjust with the time just to talk to the latter more. Being a sleepy person, it was honestly surprising that the blonde was investing too much of her time only to spend so many hours talking to Jimin.

The both of them also sent their photos to each other, which just meant that they were already comfortable with revealing more personal stuff. Of course, Jimin was indeed a very beautiful girl. She had a long and shiny dark colored hair, the blonde even randomly wondered what shampoo she uses.

Minjeong has dyed her hair multiple times already and some of her strands were already falling off so she couldn't help but to admire one of the prettiest features that the raven-haired girl has– her hair. 

Jimin was also a year older than her, not that Minjeong was surprised. She definitely sounded older with the way she types and scolds the blonde for being reckless most of the time.

But despite the tiny , they were able to blend with each other really well. Jimin looked scary and intimidating whenever she replies to the comments on her stories but she's actually a very soft and warm-hearted person. She also loved to use cute text emoticons and Minjeong already adapted to it very quickly. She was never the type to use emoticons on her texts and she has always replied to people with one-liners but with Jimin, the blonde talks far more different.

“I'm surprised about the fact that you suddenly asked me to go out with you. You're supposed to be asleep at this time because that's just how you really are, right?”

Yizhuo just arrived at the meeting place Minjeong texted her to go to. It was a new café in town and it hasn't been a while since it opened. The blonde had nothing else to do so she just decided to eat her lunch out with her best friend.

“Just tell me you miss me and go,” Minjeong replied and the redhead just responded with an eyeroll.

“You know what? I'll just go home.”

Minjeong immediately grabbed the Yizhuo's wrist and made her sit in front of her.

“Don't go! I was just joking. Besides, there's something that I've been wanting to ask you but I'm just too shy to actually do it. I gathered all the courage that I have left just to meet you here so please cooperate with me.”

Yizhuo knew that the blonde was already serious, judging from her tone and her facial expressions. She heaved out a soft sigh before fixing her sitting position. She rested her chin on her palm and scanned every move that the blonde made.

“Okay, so what do you want to ask me?”

“Well.. there's this.. girl..”

The red-haired girl's eyes immediately widened.

“Oh my god, you're finally dating someone now?!”

Minjeong swiftly covered Yizhuo's mouth with her palm. There were only a few people inside the café yet she still felt slightly embarrassed especially because she can never deny the fact that the redhead had such a loud voice. Yizhuo let out a muffled scream and Minjeong had to calm her down for almost ten minutes.

“Be quiet, will you?!” The blonde exclaimed right after Yizhuo was back to her original position.

“Okay, okay. I'm sorry about that. I just got really excited. So, what about this girl?”

Minjeong sighed. She knew this would be a lot for her best friend to take in but she still chose to tell her every single detail.

“Well, I met her on the same online writing site where I upload all of my books and random shots. She's actually works as an author too and she writes really amazing stories. You know how I feel about authors who write in such perfect details, right? Anyway, I left a comment on one of her stories and complimented her for being such a good writer. I even asked her to be friends with me and you know I normally don't do that,” Minjeong stated in all honesty.

Yizhuo just nodded before signaling the blonde to continue speaking.

“We started talking since that day and it was really fun. We never stop talking, only when we're about to sleep of course. We also share a lot of interests and she also had a good sense of taste in music. I found out that she lives so far away from us and we had different time zones, but that honestly didn't stop us from conversing everyday. It feels so nice, really.”

It's like everything was connecting. A small smile curved up the red-haired girl's lips and Minjeong was quick enough to get that.

“So, you're telling me that you're starting to like her?”

Minjeong sighed.

“That's the problem, Ning. I honestly don't think I just 'like' her. Days ago, we decided to engage ourselves in this fake dating thingy because I suggested her to. I've read this story online and the main characters were fake girlfriends so I recklessly asked her if she wants to be my fake girlfriend and–”

“.. and she agreed to it?” Yizhuo continued what Minjeong was supposed to say.

The blonde just gave a slight nod before slumping her head on the table. She has been stressing out about this matter for quite a while now and she didn't know what to do. Jimin was a very important person for her and confessing how she really feels for the raven-haired girl worries her a lot.

“Minjeong, who in the right mind would agree to do a fake dating with someone she just met online? If she doesn't feel the same way towards you, why would she do all these things with you then?”

Yizhuo scrolled through the conversations that Minjeong and Jimin shared to be able to purely analyze the situation. The blonde has always been bad at making decisions so having the redhead by her side is surely beneficial.

“Oh, she surely feels the same way towards you, Kim Minjeong. Her words don't even seem to be fake anymore. I know we both couldn't see how she reacts with the messages that you send her but I'm pretty sure she's literally gay panicking with these texts.”

Minjeong just sighed.

“Min, I know you're scared to commit again and that's honestly understandable. I know how much trauma you've been through. Please, I was the one who took care of you the most while you were in such a wrecked state. I've seen how much you suffered from a broken heart so I can't see any reason to blame you for feeling like this.”

Yizhuo held her best friend's hands and wrapped them up tightly on her fingers. The gesture somehow comforted the blonde girl. 

“Just because one person broke your heart, doesn't mean everyone will. Don't give up on love just because of someone who wasn't able to see how worthy you are as a person. What if it works this time? What if she is worth another risk? Look on the bright side, Minjeong. The world wouldn't let you guys meet if this doesn't mean anything,” the red-haired girl continued.

Another sigh escaped from Minjeong's lips. Her best friend was right. What if Jimin was worth another risk? She surely didn't want to lose the girl but she didn't want to lose the possible chance either.

“Thanks a lot, Ning. Your words helped me a lot,” Minjeong uttered with a contented smile.

“So, what are you planning to do then?”

The blonde smiled,

a very sweet one.

“I'll confess to her tonight while she's still in a deep slumber.”