fin.

strange love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

note: i was inspired to write this story by red velvet's eyes locked, hands locked. you could play the song while you read ;)

xxx

Maybe it's because Yuri rarely sees Wonyoung put her defenses down. Maybe it's the way her friend would never let anyone cross her, even if she faced God itself. Or maybe it's because the no non-sense Jang Wonyoung she knew is now submissive to one of the biggest jerks in their school, Ahn Yujin. 

If Blair Waldorf and Regina George had a love child, it would be Jang Wonyoung. When Wonyoung started to date Yujin, she was reduced to your typical foolish girl, so blinded with love that she became oblivious to the fact that her girlfriend is a serial cheater whose only priority is to fiddle with her blue hair and care for her Cadillac. 

Yuri wants the best for her dear friend, and there is no way in hell she would give Ahn Yujin  the benefit of the doubt when she treats Wonyoung like one of her many flings. 

It was finally lunch break, and Yuri was quick to leave her classroom as soon as their teacher dismissed them. She made her way outside to meet Wonyoung to eat lunch. 

It would always go like this, Wonyoung would always be the first one to be out of the class to save their usual seat, while Yuri would come 10 minutes later with their salads or with her girlfriend, who's a senior, Choi Yena.They would talk smack about that one sophomore they loathed or who's ing who, but when Ahn Yujin came to the equation, Yuri rarely had those talks with Wonyoung because all the latter talked about is Ahn ing Yujin and how cool she is. 

Yuri wants to gag every time Wonyoung talks about her evil incarnate of a girlfriend. And she does. It's almost as if she was programmed to roll her eyes and gag if Yujin's name was mentioned. 

"Hey, what took you so long? "Wonyoung asked Yuri, who sat across from her as she gave the other girl her salad. 

"Guess what? Ms. Nayeon opted to tell her life story than to teach math. "Yuri wrinkled her nose in frustration. "I swear to God, if I flunk this week's test, I'm going to sabotage her car in the teacher's parking lot personally. " 

Wonyoung giggled. She likes to see Yuri try. The two of them started eating their lunch as they chat. Wonyoung and Yuri treated each other like sisters. Probably because they grew up together. Yuri was older than her, and somehow it made her feel responsible for taking care of Wonyoung. 

In the corner of Wonyoung's eyes, she saw her blue-haired girlfriend sitting two tables away from theirs. She was shooting fries at Yena's mouth while their other friends cheer for her. 

"She's so cute. "Wonyoung sighed dreamily. Yuri turned her head to see what Wonyoung was talking about. 

"Just because you guys are dating doesn't mean everything Yujin does is cute, you know." Yuri snorted. "You're down bad, Wonyoungie. I know I always asked this question like every other day, but what do you even like about that overgrown mutt? She's a jerk. " 

Wonyoung grabbed her fork and pretended to stab Yuri with it. Yuri flinched. Wonyoung is scary. 

"I wouldn't date her if she's like every arrogant jock who asked me out before. " Wonyoung replied. She waved her hand at Yujin when their eyes met. Yujin gave her a small smile and went back on making Yena choke with fries. "I know a side of her that you guys don't. " 

Yuri scoffed haughtily. "Oh please, do pray tell. " 

"It's my secret. "Wonyoung cheekily replied as she popped a grape on . "Not gonna tell you~." 

Yuri's raised an eyebrow. Irked with how Wonyoung was insistent that Yujin was a good person when in the first place, the both of them knew that Yujin dated Wonyoung because of a bet made between Yujin and Yena's friend group. It's not a secret that Yujin and Wonyoung were only dating because of a stupid bet. The whole school assumes that they would have broken up after two weeks of dating, but to everyone's surprise, they're still together. 

Yuri thinks Yujin was keeping Wonyoung as  one of her trophies. She flipped her short ash grey hair to the side. "To be honest, Yujin and Minju act more like a couple than you guys do. " 

Wonyoung's eyes landed on the other table where Minju was leaning on Yujin, as she laughed at whatever is happening on their side of the table. 

Wonyoung frowned. "They've been friends for a long time, and besides, I'm secured with our relationship to not worry about those kinds of things, thank you very much. " 

Yuri loosens up her shoulder. It's not like she's antagonizing Yujin and Wonyoung's relationship. Well, maybe a little… But Yujin holds the record for dumping six girls last semester, and she doesn't want Wonyoung to be a part of that statistic. 

It was Wonyoung's first time to be this attached to a person. Yuri doesn't want to see her friend's heart broken, that's all. 

"Anyway, you guys still up for the double date this weekend? "Yuri changed the topic. "Did you ask Yujin about it yet? " 

Wonyoung grimaced. "Uhh, yeah, about that. I haven't told her about it. " 

Before Yuri could say something shady towards Yujin, Wonyoung put her hand on Yuri's mouth. 

"B-but I will try to ask her after school… "Wonyoung said. "She's pretty busy with track club practice, but I'm positive she will say yes. " 

Yuri slapped Wonyoung's hand and caught her breath. The girl was crazy. "Fine! You don't have to suffocate me with your freakishly huge hands! " 

Wonyoung gasped. "Rude. They're not huge! My hands are just slender.! " 

"Okay, Jack Skellington. " 

"Yuri, I will kill you. "

"Please, channel that energy to your jerk of a girlfriend. " 

 

xxx 

 

Three months before they started dating each other, Wonyoung, like Yuri, had the same opinion about Ahn Yujin. A typical arrogant student whose hobby is to break girls' hearts and loiter outside their classroom. Heck, the only thing Yujin cared about is her Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz that she always checked on during period breaks. 

Wonyoung doesn't think much about her. After all, she had more important things to think about more than Ahn Yujin. 

Well, not until Wonyoung and Yujin were paired up to write a report on their English subject. It was the first time the two of them hold a conversation that didn't concern what's the next class they're going to attend. 

Yujin moved seats and sat across from Wonyoung. The blue-haired girl was mindlessly spinning her pen as Wonyoung checked her part for their report. 

Wonyoung placed the paper on her desk and looked at Yujin. "Wow, I'm impressed. You have your way with words. " 

Yujin stopped spinning her pen as she hid her blush from being complimented by playing with the tips of her bangs. "W-what? You think just because I'm like this, I can't write a decent papert? " 

"Yes. "Wonyoung replied truthfully. Yujin almost choked. Wonyoung was brutally honest. She was expecting Wonyoung to say something along the line of: "Of course not. I don't judge people by their appearance…. I think you write beautifully. " 

But she didn't, which bummed Yujin out. 

"Now, I think you're a muscle head who writes good reports. "Wonyoung grinned and poked Yujin's cheeks. "Thank you. " 

Yujin rested a hand on her face as Wonyoung went back on putting their work together. 

"I think this is the first time I get to look at her up close. " Yujin thought. 

"You're not that stuck up either. "Yujin said out of the blue. Wonyoung looked up to meet Yujin's eyes and continued writing again. 

"I am, actually. "Wonyoung replied. "I like that about myself. "

"I'm sure you do. "

 

xxx 

 

The next meaningful encounter they had is at the parking lot. Wonyoung was having a terrible day. The first terrible thing that happened to her is when Wonyoung's local barista got her order wrong, so she felt betrayed as she sipped on her overly sweet coffee. The second horrible thing that occurred was getting her math test and having one incorrect answer because of her y handwriting, which made Wonyoung livid. 

But of course, there's got to be one more unfortunate event before Wonyoung could sum up that she indeed had a ty day. 

One of her classmates from history class was being persistent in asking her out. Wonyoung said no to him, but the guy didn't seem to take the hint and even go as far as following her around the school. 

Wonyoung's feet took her to the parking lot and looked for Yuri's car, but she remembered that they carpooled with Hitomi that morning, and the bad thing is, Wonyoung can't locate where Hitomi parked her car. 

"Damn it. "Wonyoung cursed under her breath. She took a sip on her diet coke and acted normal as possible as she tries to find any other familiar car she could hitch a ride with. 

She walked towards a Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz, the infamous car that Ahn Yujin drives in school. It was probably the sense of urgency to be safe as soon as possible, making Wonyoung approach Yujin's car. She just wanted to get away from the creep that was following her. 

"Wonyoung, wait up! "the guy grabbed Wonyoung's wrist and forcefully mad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter