xxx

miraculous tales

Minjeong flopped onto her bed with a grunt, entirely exhausted from the day she just had. And like clockwork, her phone buzzed. She already knew who it’d be without even checking the caller ID. 

 

“You won’t believe the footage I just got of Ladybug. She was on fire tonight! I wish she swung by to give a few comments for my blog, but she seemed to be in a hurry. Oh well, next time!” 

 

She craned her neck to look over at her desk, covered in textbooks and unfinished homework. Minjeong shut her eyes tight, trying to suppress her rising stress. Yeah, Ladybug sure was in a hurry to finish some schoolwork. 

 

“I believe you, Ningning.” Minjeong chuckled at her ever so enthusiastic best friend. “Show me tomorrow? I got to get back to my history essay.” 

 

“Sure thing!” 

 

Minjeong clicked her phone off and fell back onto her bed, a tiny flash of bright red darting around her peripherals. “You could have said hello to your friend before you left!” A high pitch voice rang by her ear.

 

“Tikki, the less I get involved the better.” 

 

Her kwami flew around the room as Minjeong got up to take a seat at her desk. It was hard navigating life as superhero Ladybug with her best friend as her biggest fan, who clearly did not know her secret identity.

 

That was the first rule Tikki told her to uphold. Absolutely no one must know that she is Ladybug. 

 

It definitely bothered her to not be able to talk to Ningning about it all, but rules are rules. She didn’t want to upset any ancient gods who granted her these powers. 

 

“Besides, Cat Noir is way better at publicity than I am.” 

 

~

 

Minjeong woke up to a sharp jab to her side, Ningning eyeing her carefully before signaling that the teacher had entered the room. Great, she was already falling asleep before class could even start. 

 

The bell rang and a whole ten seconds later, the door to the classroom creaked open. “I’m sorry that I’m late.” Oh, that voice. That soft voice… The one everyone was absolutely head over heels for.

 

Yu Jimin. The most popular teen model in their country. 

 

When she first came to the school, Minjeong didn’t know who she was, much to Ningning’s shock and surprise. Her classmates made fun of her, saying she must live under a rock. Now Minjeong wondered how she had gone this long without knowing who Jimin was. 

 

This time, Ningning nudged her shoulder. “Reel it in, Kim. You’re being especially obvious about the staring today.” 

 

Minjeong scowled, clumsily losing her grip on her pen. It tumbled over the table and noisily landed under the seat in front of her. She gulped. 

 

Like a slow motion movie scene, Jimin gracefully bent down to pick the pen up, flipping her luscious hair back as she turned to face Minjeong. “Drop this?” The model flashed her killer smile.

 

“U-Um, y-yes.” She stammered, shyly accepting it back. Ningning covered her giggles behind her hand. Minjeong was an absolute er around Jimin no doubt.

 

~

 

“Ningning, I’m hopeless.”

 

“You speak the truth.” 

 

Slap!

 

“Hey! You said it first, I was just agreeing.” Ningning rubbed at her stinging shoulder. “I don’t get why you won’t just talk to her.” Minjeong deadpanned.

 

The problem was the way she became a blubbering mess whenever she would try to open to say something to Jimin. Embarrassing to the next level. Minjeong doesn’t usually get like that around someone unless she has a huge fat crush on them. 

 

And suffice to say, Minjeong has the hugest crush on Jimin. 

 

“I can probably ask Aeri if the four of us can watch a movie sometime?” 

 

Minjeong let out an uncharacteristic squeal at that, but then it dawned on her. How was she supposed to function sitting next to Jimin at the movies?! Ningning shook her head at her best friend’s behavior. 

 

“I’ll take that as a yes.” 

 

~

 

It was definitely Ningning’s idea to watch a scary movie. 

 

“That way you two could cuddle!” Minjeong could almost hear her best friend say with a wide grin. Ugh. Speaking of that little devil, she was no where to be seen. Wait, neither was Aeri—

 

“Oh hey, Minjeong.” Smooth voice, killer smile. “Aeri just remembered that she had to work on a project with Ningning so they won’t be able to make it.” Those liars!

 

Minjeong scratched at her nape, already feeling a deep red blush coming on. “Oh— okay! Wanna head inside and cuddle? I-I mean head inside and grab some seats!” 

 

If Jimin noticed her embarrassing little fumble, she didn’t say anything. “Sure!”

 

And as luck would have it, not long after the movie started, a crash echoed throughout the theater. Another villain announcing an evil plan to get their way, surely the work of Mr. Hawk Moth, Ladybug and Cat Noir’s arch nemesis. 

 

In the dark chaos, Minjeong managed to slip away to transform. First thing she did was scope around the room for Jimin, but she was nowhere to be found. She hopes the other girl got out safely, her focus needed to be on getting the akuma possessing this innocent person. 

 

“Need a hand?” Minjeong shot up three feet into the air in surprise, glaring at Cat Noir and her goofy little grin through her mask. Always so timely that one…

 

“How did you get here so fast?” They inched closer to the threat, dodging debris being thrown their way every few seconds.

 

Cat Noir scratched at her nape. Minjeong thinks the other girl really resembles a cat when she does that. “I- I was in the area! The noise was loud enough to catch my attention.” She narrowed her eyes at Minjeong. “And you, Ladybug? You were here before me.”

 

“Came to see a movie.” Minjeong answered simply before darting forward and tackling the self proclaimed evildoer. Cat Noir joined and snatched the weapon, destroying it and freeing the akuma. “These missions are getting a bit too easy these days, don’t you think?” 

 

Cat Noir smirked, but it faded at the sound of her ring beeping. “Oops! Gotta run. See you next time, Ladybug!” She rushed out of the theater and into the bathroom, closing herself inside a stall while she transformed back. 

 

A tiny flash of black whizzed by. “Could have lasted longer if you fed me before!” 

 

“Oh, give me a break, Plagg. We were right here. Besides, it didn’t take us long to take them down this time.”

 

“I think I deserve to be fed two pieces of cheese this time, Jimin!”