1/1

Poke fun, get kicked out

*I offer you a new Xiusoo fic. Enjoy this nonsense, hopefully you crack a smile :)

 

 


 

 

There’s a party in town. 

Kyungsoo comes with Baekhyun, who is a party person and Kyungsoo is not. So he sits on the sofa and drinks and watches on bored. 

Minseok comes over, they strike a conversation. 

Kyungsoo complains and says the party is boring.

“What was the host thinking? Ughh and look at Baekhyun, what is that idiot doing?” He looks at Minseok who just smiles amused. “Aren’t you bored? Who dragged you here?”

“I think I’m having fun.” Minseok shrugs, chuckles a bit. Kyungsoo looks disgusted.

“Fun? Fun? And yet you’re here at this dusty, old sofa. Please.” A role of his eyes.

Minseok laughs and laughs. “You’re hilarious. What’s your name again??”

“Kyungsoo. And no not funny just bored.”

He takes a drink of whatever that makes him winces. He swishes the cup,eying it from side to side. “And what is this thing, poison?” Minseok opens his mouth to answer but Kyungsoo waves a hand. “Well I wouldn’t put it past the host to poison us. I mean, this damn crashing music, what even?? I can do better.” He nods to Minseok.

“Park Chanyeol is the DJ.” Minseok says.

“What did the country do wrong in the past?”

The boisterous laugh from Minseok sends a couple heads in their directions, curious and thinking, ‘those two are weird’

“Why am I just meeting you today?” Kyungsoo gives Minseok a tight smile, tilting his head a bit. “But Park is great. He does his stuff well.”

Minseok spreads his arms on the back of the sofa, almost as if placing his arms on Kyungsoo’s shoulders. 

Kyungsoo gives him a look but lets it be. 

“Well if a dead party is where his specialty lies then,” he shrugs his shoulders, “ to each his own.”

Minseok doesn’t say anything for a while, just looks at him, with a smile playing on his lips. His cheeks dipping a bit and his lips almost in that crooked smile of his that Kyungsoo noticed them to be wherever he laughed.

It’s the first time seeing Minseok and Kyungsoo can’t remember if he’s ever seen him on his friends socials. 

 

At some point the group that Baekhyun is with near the kitchen table is chugging down a gallon of beer, cheering and egging each other on. 

Is this what’s Baekhyun said he would miss out on?? Ughhh.

“Can I just go home already?!” Kyungsoo throws his head back, part of it hitting Minseok’s hand and he gives him a small apology. Minseok waves him off.

“Let me ask you?” Minseok sits up, then puts his hands in his knees, bent and looking up at Kyungsoo.

“Hmm?”

“What’s your idea of fun?” Minseok makes air quotes around the word fun. 

“Mmmh, good question.” Kyungsoo puts a hand to his chin, rubs it and then a lifts a leg over the other. He looks Minseok dead in the eyes. “Definitely not this one, that’s for sure.”

Minseok nods, humming. 

 

Minutes later Kyungsoo resumes his talks of how boring the part is. The music, Baekhyun and that cat-ish boy Jongdae. The way the people dance and , “damn even the food is horrible. This is literally instant food, how is this healthy. My cat is probably turning in it’s grave. Eww.” He doesn’t finish the cold pizza.

 

At one point Kyungsoo wonders why this boy has been sitting here listening to his rants. 

He doesn’t even think the exchanges names. 

“Well, I told you my name but you never did tell me yours.” Kyungsoo snuggles up on the sofa, feet on it and he’s leaning on the arm rest, peeking at Minseok with a smile. It’s beautiful.

 

“Oh! Did I not?” Kyungsoo nods. “Oh well I’m..”

 

“Minseok!” Baekhyun comes over, staggering and cackling. Kyungsoo groans when Baekhyun falls near him on the sofa, wincing when Baekhyun’s elbow hits his leg. 

“Baekhyun! Watch it!”

“Ohh, easy up Kyung.”

Kyungsoo glares. 

Baekhyun leans on Minseok, one hand running messy in Minseok’s hair. Minseok just giggles.

“Drunk out of your mind, huh Byun?”

“Not all.” He slurs. Minseok laughs and shake his head, looking at Kyungsoo, who in turn rolls his eyes.

“And then I have to deal with his drunk .”

“You live together?”

“Neighbors.” Kyungsoo nods. 

“Kyungsoo is always exaggerating things Minnie. Oh Kyungsoo this is Minseok. Though you probably know. You two have been talking for hours.” Baekhyun hits Minseok on the chest to which Minseok almost hits him back for, but Baekhyun coils. Kyungsoo cackles, finding hilarious. Baekhyun stick his tongue out. “You’re a horrible host. Is this how you treat guests??”

 

WAIT!

 

Did Kyungsoo just hear right? Minseok? Host? 

Well damn. 

Kyungsoo shuts his lips tight, slowly turning his head away. He sees the teasing smile on Minseok’s lips, his eyes on Kyungsoo as if it was the most amusing thing ever.

Kyungsoo coils, clears his throat and says, “well, umm, Baekhyun we gotta go.”

He yanks Baekhyun out of Minseok’s hold, Baekhyun staggering, trips on his feet and falls face down. 

Kyungsoo’s eyes open wide, the music stops, and Minseok gets off the sofa in hast, coming to get Baekhyun up. 

“Byun!? Hey are you okay?” Minseok sits him up and starts to check him over. Baekhyun’s back is towards Kyungsoo, who is frozen in place.

“Let’s get you fixed up.” Kyungsoo hears Minseok saying and then sees him picking up Baekhyun. 

Kyungsoo quickly follows him to the bedroom.

Minseok sits Baekhyun down and goes to some drawer, rummaging through it.

Baekhyun glares at Kyungsoo.

“Sorry.” Kyungsoo offers. Baekhyun crosses his arms, humphs, and turns his head. “Your nose isn’t broken?” Kyungsoo gives a toothy grin. 

Baekhyun sighs, uncrossing his arms “Why were you rushing like that anyways?”

“Umm...”

Minseok comes back in front of Baekhyun and starts fixing him up, Baekhyun whines over nothing and Kyungsoo face palms.

 

“There, all finished.” He taps the cute squirrel band-aid. 

“You’re the best Minnie.” Baekhyun gives him a kiss on the cheek. Minseok chuckles, patting Baekhyun’s cheeks.

“Always.” 

Kyungsoo turns away and then clears his throat. 

The two look at him. 

“Umm, Baekhyun lets go home.” He gently takes Baekhyun’s hand and they leave, no glance at Minseok at all. 

 

 

The car ride is full of questions from a drunk Baekhyun and Kyungsoo only says, “oh I have a neighbors cat to feed.”

“We’re neighbors. There are no cats in that area, Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun shoots back.

“Just cuz you can’t see it doesn’t mean I also don’t.” He shrugs, turning into the driveway. 

 

“I know you like Minseok.” Baekhyun holds onto his door frame, once Kyungsoo has lead him to his house. He grins like crazy, his boxes smile no longer cute but creepy.

Kyungsoo glares.

“I literally just met the guy.”

“Love at first sight. You were talking to him for hours. You don’t talk. Not for hours and definitely not to strangers.” 

Kyungsoo slammers the clear glass door, sees Baekhyun jump backwards, his eyes and mouth wide open. 

Kyungsoo sticks his tongue out and then leaves to his own house. 

 

He doesn’t sleep. Only thinks of how a fool he made himself look. 

Minseok must have been laughing at him.

Not that Kyungsoo cares, but, no one likes to be laughed at?

Especially not by a cute guy like Minseok.

 

Ummm what??

“I’m going to sleep.”

He covers his whole body, staring at the dark. 

 

 

——

What do you know? Fate  stinks, Kyungsoo thinks.

After he made a fool of himself on the weekend, he made himself feel better by convincing himself that he’ll never see Minseok again. And the party was boring, it wasn’t just hateful talk. He genuinely found it boring. 

So it’s a surprise to run into Minseok at the campus cafeteria, in the middle of the doorway as he’s going in and Minseok going out.

Minseok muses a smile on his face, teasing Kyungsoo silently with his facial expressions.

Kyungsoo groans internally.

“Kyungsoo. What a pleasant surprise.”

“Minseok.” Why is his voice hoarse. He turns to the side and clears it. “I didn’t know you attend this university.”

“I don’t.”

“Then?”

“I’m here for a friend. Just heading back actually.”

“Mmh alright. See ya. Excuse me.”

Kyungsoo makes to side step Minseok, but Minseok holds unto his wrist.  Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow.

“You’re funny. Let’s continue meeting up, Mmh?”

Kyungsoo thinks about it. It would be nice. 

“No. I’d rather not.”

Minseok let’s go of his hand, chuckles and puts his hands in his pockets. He leans towards Kyungsoo and gives him a grin.

Kyungsoo leans back.

“Okay. See you around Kyungsoo.” He winks at him and then turns around like he did nothing.

Kyungsoo huffs and continues on his way.

 

———-

On the following Friday, Kyungsoo finds himself in another house party, leaning on the wall near the entrance and sipping from the red cup. He watches people make a fool of themselves. And he shudders. He didn’t understand why Baekhyun insisted on him making memories. This was far from what he wanted.

“Party not boring this time?”

Kyungsoo chokes on his drink, coughing quiet unpleasantly and hitting his chest.

“Don’t sneak on people like that.”

He gives Minseok a glare. 

“You’re in a house with hundreds of people, why are startled?” Kyungsoo glares at him. Minseok puts his hands up. “Sorry.”

 

They’re silent for a while, watching as Suho and Kris make a fool of themselves with their stupid dance moves. 

“Ughh,” he groans. Minseok chuckles, turns to him with a glint in his eyes and points. 

“It’s coming.”

Kyungsoo shakes his head. “You’re ridiculous Minseok.”

Minseok shrugs. “I’m waiting.”

 

“Tell me you’re not the host of this dumb party and I will start.” 

Minseok laughs a lot, Kyungsoo notices. 

“I’m not. Kris is.”

Kyungsoo laughs, both falling on each other, their hands and bodies tangling at one point. 

They wheeze, Minseok still leaning on Kyungsoo from the side. 

“With those dance moves, I don’t even know why people still agree to come to his parties. It’s like they purposely want to die. It’s a suicide mission, I’m telling you.” 

Minseok falls in laughter as they’ve just witnessed Kris and Suho, doing some hops, tongues out and hands flaring, they’re so close to each other it’s nothing but ridiculous.

 

“Minseok?” There’s laughter bubbling in Kyungsoo’s throat, he knows this night is going to end well.

“Mmh?” Minseok stands besides him again, still cackling.

“This is our new hobby, you and I. Making fun of these things. You in?” He raises his palm.

Minseok clutches it. “Always.”

 

They cackle, quite ridiculously, and the people shoots them glares. 

 

And so, Kyungsoo and Minseok continued their legacy of poking fun at people in parties for many years to come. 

 

 

 

But also, there was a party once for some fancy people that Yifan and Joonmyeon knew. They’d had invited Minseok and Kyungsoo and well as their traditions went, Kyungsoo would talk smack while Minseok laughed at the side. 

They had found a place by the food table, munching on snacks and fruits as Kyungsoo made fun of some conglomerates who were talking to loudly and laughing like there was no tomorrow.

It was irritating to say the least. 

 

“I’d stuff this macaron in his foul mouth if I could.” Kyungsoo chewed on said macaroon, Minseok nodded over a glass of strawberry Bellini. “And look at the one with the beard, his suit ughh, all those patterns are making me lose my appetite.” He plopped a strawberry in his mouth. Minseok humming next to him. 

 

“Are you guys doing it again?” Joonmyeon and Yifan gave them looks. 

 

Minseok and Kyungsoo looked at each other and then tilted their heads at their friends. Joonmyeon pinched his nose and groaned. 

 

“Some men heard you and they’re not happy. Watch it.” Joonmyeon pointed at them before dragging Yifan with him to whatever. 

 

 

“Imagine we get kicked out.” Minseok took a sip. “Can’t be us.”

 

 

 

“Get out.” The guard huffed as he pushed Minseok and Kyungsoo out the door and shut them tight. Glaring at them through the glass door.

 

Kyungsoo looked at Minseok. “Can’t be us.”  He rolled his eyes.

 

Minseok bursted out laughing, clutching at his stomach and even holding unto Kyungsoo’s shoulders. Kyungsoo gives in, shakes his head and laughs along with Minseok in the deep of the night. 

“Let’s go home, Minnie.” Kyungsoo says between laughter, putting his arm around Minseok’s shoulders and starting down the road to where they parked their car. 

 

“But hey, at least it took so long for us to get kicked out.” Minseok nuzzled into Kyungsoo’s neck, leaving a kiss there as well. 

Kyungsoo snorted, patting Minseok’s cheek. “This business is officially closed.”

 

“Oh come on, Kyungie! That’s my only pleasure at these parties.” He pokes Kyungsoo’s cheek.

Kyungsoo laughs and jabs Minseok in the stomach, their laughter echoing behind them in the deep of the night. 

                                           The End!

 

 



 

*Thank you all for reading ^.^

- If you have a request let me know :)