Final

The Oh-So-Gorgeous Boy At The Bar (Oneshot)

 

 

 


 

          THE BAR WAS PACKED MORE THAN USUAL TONIGHT, much to Ria’s dismay. In fact, everything was more out of the ordinary tonight. From failing a test, which never happens, to—

          “One citron champagne cocktail for you.” the bartender says as he hands Ria the fancy cocktail.

          Ria stares at the drink, then back at the bartender. “I’m sorry, but I didn’t order this.”

          She pushes the drink back to the bartender who then stops her and gave her a smile. “Right. I  forgot to say it’s from the guy over there. Says it’s on him.”—to guys hitting on her at the bar.

          Great.

          Ria peers at the person sitting three seats over and laughs, both at herself: this was probably the first time in a long time that someone actually bought her a drink—and at the guy, who she feels bad for once she rejects the drink. He shoots her a dazzling smile and holds up his glass, waiting for Ria to hold hers up. When she doesn’t, he shrugs it off and takes a sip. Ria rolled her eyes and examined him. Much to her surprise, he wasn’t that bad looking, not that looks mattered to her,  of course, but he was actually kind of… cute. Luxurious pink hair, with obvious no attempts of styling it and a simple white button-up: the first three buttons loose, all held together by a tie that had just become undone. His bangs slightly covered his face, disabling her from reading his expression.

          One word. No exaggeration. Perfect.

          Now to his personality, which mattered a lot to her. She just had to talk to him, get to know him. But how? It didn't take long for her question to go unanswered because just then, the guy gets up from his seat and walks over to her. Black slacks, just as Ria predicted.

          Classic.

          “I take it you’re not much of a drinker.” He says once he approached her.

          Ria watches as he plops down comfortably next to her. “Oh I drink,” She holds up a bottle of soju. “Just not those; the fancy cocktail you sent me for example. And besides, if I'm not a drinker, why else would I be at a bar?”

          “I suppose you're right. That would be quite unusual.”

          That earned another laugh from Ria. “Talk about unusual, this has got to be the most unusual day in the history of Ria’s Life.”

          “Unusual, huh?” He asks. “How so?”

          “Well,” Ria answers, taking a swig of soju. “It all started with me failing a test. Which, remember this: never happens, by the way. And then here you are: buying me fancy citrus cocktails and conversing with me which again, never happens. So yeah, it’s quite an unusual day if you ask me.”

          It was his turn to laugh. “First of all, it’s cintron—”

          “What did I say?” Ria says, cutting him off.

          “Citrus.”

          Another awkward sip of soju. “You know what I meant… Anyway, continue what you were saying.”

          “Actually, you know what? Forget what I was saying.” He picks up the cocktail and hands it to Ria. “You should try it.”

          Ria raised a brow, attempting to make it look like she was thinking about it. “Mhm, I don’t know.”

          His lip curls up into a smile. “I promise it’s not that bad.”

          After a while, Ria finally gives in and takes the glass from him. She shakes it a bit, making sure all the different liquids were well mixed.

          And then she took a sip. At first all she could taste was the alcohol, but then it quickly faded, followed by the taste of yuja and of course, champagne. Ria smiles and sets down the glass to see the pink haired man watching her anxiously, waiting for a response.

          “So?”

          “So you’re not a liar after all,” Ria said jokingly as she takes another sip. “It’s quite tasty.”

          “Me? A liar?” He exclaims. “Never.”

          “Or so you say.”

          This time, the pink haired man doesn’t hide the fact that he was offended. He and Ria locked eyes for a couple seconds and neither of them dares to look away. 

          “I’m Taeyong.” He says, finally changing the topic for which Ria was grateful for. “Lee Taeyong.”

          He extends out an arm.

          Not taking his hand, Ria grins. “So now you finally properly introduce yourself?”

          “Come on, don’t be like that and just take my hand. You’re breaking my heart.”

          You’re breaking my heart. Ria couldn’t help but to keep that smile on her face. Yes, indeed he was cute—and amazingly charming—but his personality? Can’t beat that. He’s the one, those words tugged at her heart. But was she going to admit that? No.

          She finally takes his hand. “I’m—”

          “Ria.” He finishes.

          Definitely the one.

          “Ah, so you were paying attention.”

          “How could I not? With a pretty face like yours—”

          It was Ria’s turn to cut him off. “Are you flirting with me, Mister Lee?”

          She releases his hand and picks up the cocktail from earlier, drinking it. Her eyes never leaving Taeyong. He does the same. His eyes follow her, watching her every move. Almost like a tiger watching its prey. “Ah, so you finally noticed.”

          Ria chokes on her drink. Did he just… throw my sas back at me? “You are… something else, Lee Taeyong.”

          He smirks. “I could say the same about you, Miss Ria.”

          He does it again. Damn he is unexpected. Ria had been so carried away by the conversation that the time was already 10:30 when she looked at her phone. Immediately, she jumps up from her seat and starts digging in her purse her debit card.

          “Leaving already?” Taeyong asked, sounding subdued. “So suddenly?”

          Ria laughs. “Yeah, I have some things I need to take care of.”

          Taeyong gets up and tugs on his tie., taking one last sip of his champagne. “You know what, don’t worry about it. Tonight’s on me.”

          “What?” Ria stops digging in her purse and looks up at the oh-so-gorgeous Lee Taeyong. “No, no, no, no. It’s fine. I got it.”

          She takes out her debit card and Taeyong holds up his hand as if that was going to stop her from paying. “Ria, please. My treat.”

          “Are you sure?”

          “Positive.”

          Ria wasn’t sure if she wanted to give in. But she did. “Thank you. You know what? Next time, it’ll be my treat.”

          “Woah, next time?” Taeyong takes out his card and hands it to the bartender. “Is this Miss Ria’s way of saying she wants to see me again?”

          “That’s not what I—”

          Taeyong cuts her off as he signs the receipt given to him by the bartender, a smile plastered across his face. “Why that would be lovely.”

 

END