They're hopeless, or are they?

Adults are weird
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Just because I love my older Joyri and kid Seulrene fics, I thought I would bring back one of them for fun because we could always use something fun, why not? So this one was kind of random in thought, so please enjoy. It’s just the kids thinking the adults are weird/hopeless and wanting them to be together. Thank you!





 

Some of the best moments for little Kang Seulgi was spending time with her best friend Bae Joohyun. They’ve only been best friends since they were four-years-old. Nothing made Seulgi happier than being able to hang out with her very best friend in the whole world. So when her next door neighbor Park Sooyoung agreed to take her over to Joohyun’s house. It was safe to say that the eight-year-old was excited.

 

“Are you sure you don’t mind taking me, Sooyoung?” Seulgi asked.

 

Sooyoung is one of the few adults that her parents will let watch her. Mostly because Sooyoung is good with kids and they’ve been neighbors for as long as Seulgi can remember. And she has a really good memory.

 

“Of course I don’t mind, Seul. I don’t mind doing this favor for your mom.”

 

“She promised to bake you cookies, didn’t she?” The small child questions with a semi-suspicious gaze. 

 

“W-What, of course not.” Sooyoung laughs suddenly in a high-pitch sort of way, while running her fingers through brown locks. A nervous and guilty look if Seulgi had ever seen. Not that Seulgi can blame Sooyoung. Her mother does make the best cookies.

 

Speaking of cookies…

 

“Um, Seul?” Sooyoung whispers worriedly. The child didn’t malfunction or anything did she? What does one do for a child who looks like their souls have left their bodies. Sooyoung knows the answer for this particular child.

 

“Come on, little buddy. Let’s go or we’ll be late for seeing Joohyun.”

 

“Hyunnie?” The instant reaction is honestly precious. “Yes, let’s go and see Hyunnie now, Sooyoung.” With renewed energy the child grabs a hold of Sooyoung’s hand and leads the way to her car. It’s the cutest sight and Sooyoung can’t help but chuckle. 

 

“Okay, okay, settle down. You’re acting like you just ate a box of sugar or something. Though I’m sure Joohyun will be glad to see you too.”


 

Joohyun being excited about Seulgi coming over was an understatement to say the least. When her sister Yerim told her that Seulgi could come over today it was as if Christmas had suddenly been announced. Yerim couldn’t remember the last time she had seen her sister this excited. Then again, when it comes to her kid sister and her best friend there is no stopping the two.

 

“Yerimie, you’re supposed to be helping me.” Joohyun had to nudge her sister who decided that now was a good time to lay down on the couch. Who goes to lay down when there are guests coming over? Only her silly sister.

 

“Help with what, Hyun? We already have snacks and drinks. The house is clean, what more do you want me to do?”

 

“Silly sister.” She sighs, but then it’s not like Yerim is wrong. All the major things are covered, they have food, drinks, and the house is clean. She supposes she is just excited to see Seulgi. 

 

“Don’t you want to look nice for your girlfriend?” Joohyun teases a little and watches as Yerim’s entire face turns bright red. 

 

“Sooyoung is n-not my girlfriend.”

 

Joohyun doesn’t further. She doesn’t have to because the next thing the child knows her sister springs up from the couch and goes to make herself presentable. By the time Yerim returns she doesn’t look like she’s been lounging on the couch at all. Her hair is done and she looks more than presentable. 

 

“Weird sisters.” Joohyun shrugs. 

 

Though it wasn’t just sisters. In her opinion all adults were weird. That’s what she thought when Sooyoung arrived with Seulgi. On second thought, her first thought really was seeing Seulgi. Yerim barely had a chance to open the door when a small blur ran past her to get to Seulgi.

 

“Seul!”

 

“Hyunnie!”

 

Of course it’s the sweetest sight for both Sooyoung and Yerim to see the two children interact. They hug and take off running for god knows where.

 

“Just don’t get lost.” Yerim shouts out to her sister in particular.

 

“How can we get lost in the house?” It’s Seulgi who questions out loud and that has both the adults laughing.

 

“They’re cute.” Sooyoung is the first to speak. Yerim turns and looks at the taller woman. She’s been knowing Sooyoung for a while now. On account her kid sister is best friends with Seulgi. Sooyoung often helps when they take the kids out together, whether it be to the movies, parks, or for random play dates. Joohyun wasn’t entirely wrong or anything. She might not actually be Park Sooyoung’s girlfriend. But she definitely wanted to be.

 

“They’re very cute.” Yerim does agree with her.

 

Sooyoung smiles. She knows someone else who is very cute too, and she just happens to be looking right at her. Sooyoung likes the new blonde hair on her. Not that she didn’t think Yerim was already very pretty, because she always thought so. She may just have a bit of a crush on Yerim. Though she doesn’t think she’s been all that obvious about it. Or maybe she was obvious but only to certain individuals.

 

“Adults are weird.” Joohyun tells Seulgi as they sit together in the backyard. Originally Joohyun wanted to show Seulgi the new swing set and slide her father installed. It had finally been completed and they could play together without having to necessarily go to the park. 

 

“All adults are weird.” Seulgi does agree with her best friend. 

 

“My sister and Sooyoung are the most weird.”

 

The monolid child gives her a curious look. What does she mean that Yerim and Sooyoung are the most weird? What makes them more weird than all the other adults in the world?

 

“Is it because Sooyoung is obsessed with chicken?” Seulgi whispers that last part as she knows Joohyun doesn’t like chicken.

 

“Yerimie is obsessed with chicken too.” Her best friend says with disgust written all over her cute face that it makes Seulgi chuckle just a bit. “But that’s not why, Seul.”

 

“It’s not?”

 

“Come with me.”

 

Joohyun got off the swing first and reached for Seulgi’s hand. Something she would do often. She always liked holding hands with Seulgi the most. Seulgi got off her swing too and accepted Joohyun’s hand as she always did. Only this time Joohyun could see how slightly red Seulgi’s cheeks were. 

 

“Are you blushing, Seul?” Joohyun smiles. 

 

“I’m….I’m…” And because Seulgi is not a liar, or very good at lying. Her adorable best friend is at a loss for words. Joohyun doesn’t but she will certainly not forget that Seulgi blushed because of her. She’ll hold onto that for another time. Because for now it was important to check on the adults. The very same adults who were being quite awkward with one another.

 

“Well, now that I’ve dropped off Seul. I guess I better go.” Sooyoung says, though she kind of was trying to think of a reason to stay. Mostly so she could spend more time with Yerim. The two kids observe how nervous Sooyoung looks and how somewhat shy Yerim appears.

 

“Why doesn’t she just ask to hang out?” Seulgi wonders.

 

“I know!” Joohyun sighs. Since, it’s clear that Sooyoung must want to stay to hang out with her sister. All she can hope for is that her silly sister invites Sooyoung to stay. Since she knows Yerim wants to hang out with Sooyoung too.

 

“You don’t have to run off, Sooyoung.”

 

“Yes!” Both kids high five. Maybe the two adults weren’t as hopeless or weird as they thought they were. Things might be looking up.

 

“I….I don’t?”

 

“N-No…” The slight stutter is cute in all honesty. Sooyoung is sure that she hasn’t ever heard Yerim stutter. “No, you don’t have to leave. We can watch movies or we can play some video games?”

 

“That sounds good. We should probably check on the kids first, though.”

 

“Yeah, we probably should.”

 

“Come on, Seul. Let’s go.” Joohyun grabs her hand again so they can head back to the swings. They have to at least make it seem like they weren’t just spying on them. 

 

“Do you think they’ll ask each other out before I have to go home, Hyunnie?” Seulgi asks Joohyun. Because by watching the interaction she did realize that the two adults probably must like each other. They would no doubt be a cute couple, come to think of it.

 

“It would be a surprise if they did, Seul.”

 

That makes the monolid girl laugh. Perhaps they needed a miracle then. Of course, by the time Sooyoung and Yerim do find them out in the backyard. They are indeed back on the swings as if they were there the entire time. 

 

“So this is where you ran off to,” Yerim honestly had no idea where her sister and Seulgi had gone. With the two of them there’s just no telling sometimes. She has seen with her own eyes how the two children will go off into a playground for example. Starting at the swings, only to end up all the way by the sandboxes the next time she does see them.

 

“Yes, Yerimie. We’ve been out here the whole time like good kids.” Joohyun nods to herself.

 

Yerim wonders how much of that she can believe. That’s not to say she thinks the two of them are bad kids. Because she doesn’t. She is well aware that both her sister and Seulgi are some of the nicest, most well-behaved kids out there. There just happens to be something a little suspect about what her sister said.

 

“Uh-huh, anyway, Sooyoung and I are about to play some video games. Do you guys want to come inside and play too?”

 

“Yes!” Seulgi reacted first, and as a big gamer it didn’t surprise Joohyun that her dearest friend would want to play. Joohyun likes games too, because she likes the winning part most of all. Though she kind of wishes it would have dawned on Seulgi that perhaps Yerim and Sooyoung wanted to be alone.

 

“Aww, Seul…”

 

However, if the adults were upset or disappointed by the fact that Seulgi wanted to play video games with them. They didn’t show any sign of it. In fact, they seemed fine with both Seulgi and Joohyun coming inside to play with them.

 

“Sure, Yerimie and I will be more than happy to beat your butts in some video games.”

 

“Huh!!” The children gasp together.

 

(oh no those two adults didn’t just say the dreaded words of beating butts, if anyone was going to get their butts beaten, it would be Yerim and Sooyoung, thank you very much)

 

“Did you hear that, Seul? They think they’re going to beat us in games, we’ll show them, right?”

 

“Right, Hyunnie, let’s go!”

 

The two kids eagerly head off for the house first, hand in hand like they usually do. Stopping only once to check on Yerim and Sooyoung as there was an important detail that had gone unnoticed. Yerim was kind of standing there shocked and staring at Sooyoung like she had suddenly grown two heads. It was an interesting sight indeed.

 

“What’s wrong with your sister, Hyunnie?” Seulgi whispers to Joohyun. 

 

“She looks like she’s lost her mind.”

 

“Are you okay, Yerim?” Sooyoung asks as well, since she can’t recall Yerim ever just standing there and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter