I

Semantics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB eyes the woman warily for a moment before she grabs a makeup remover wipes from her vanity table.

Eunha remains sitting motionlessly, leaning sideways against the headboard of SinB's bed. She's looking paler than earlier and SinB could see the dark circles under her eyes now with proper lighting in the room. 

SinB kneels down in front of her while holding a sheet of makeup remover in her right hand. She swallows hard and raises her free hand to Eunha's face. 

Tears well up in the older Eunbi's glassy doe eyes but leans against her touch, accepting SinB's invitation. Fat tears roll down her mascara stained cheeks as she closes her eyes. 

SinB can't handle this silence between them and lets her thoughts to completely wander. What happened to Eunha? Why was she at that bus stop? Does she live near that area? Why is she in such a bad state? Was there trouble at home? 

More and more questions linger on her mind. 

Her musings come to a screeching halt when she feels a small hand covers hers and she nearly jumps at the touch. Her eyes widen slightly at the heat radiating from Eunha's body. 

"Unnie, you're hot." 

"I—" Eunha's voice cracks before she coughs into her elbow a few times. "...excuse me?" She weakly rasps. 

"Temperature-wise," SinB drops the wet wipes, pressing her palm to the smaller Eunbi's forehead. She gets up to retrieve a thermometer from her medicine cabinet. 

"Here, say ahh..."

Eunha quietly obeys her, letting the device rest under her tongue for a few seconds until it beeps. SinB takes it and reads: 38.2°C

SinB sighs. 

"Unnie, how long have you been outside since I found you?" She tries not to pry, asking a less personal question. 

"Oh..." Eunha looks at the floor as if it'll give her the right answer. "I don't know." 

Eunbi sighs again, running a hand through her hair. 

The club closes around 2:00 a.m., there's no way Eunha had been out and about past midnight. It's not like her. Eunha's idea of rebellion is staying in her room the whole day and not doing any house chores. 

Her clothes weren't fit for a night out either. A simple blouse, pencil cut skirt, ballet flats, and a cardigan? Typical work clothes. Clothes you change out of before going out for the night. 

"Stay," SinB says pointedly, walking over to her closet. She takes out a sweatshirt and pajama pants, setting the clothes on the bed beside Eunha. 

"Change into that for now." SinB picks up the used makeup remover wipes and then throws it in the trashcan. She walks out of the room without another word. 

She makes her way to the kitchen, pulling a small pack of crackers from the cupboard and a water bottle from the refrigerator. She could offer Eunha some leftover pasta but that's a little too heavy for a midnight snack. 

Eunha's already done changing by the time she returns. She quickly sets the food and drink down on the nightstand next to the bed, before going to the bathroom to get some Ibuprofen tablets from the medicine cabinet. 

"It's already late, we should sleep after you're done with these," she tells the older Eunbi, handing her the medication. 

Eunha pops the medication into , her face scrunches a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter