Invitation

Invitation

Have you ever had a crush on someone you've only seen for the first time? 

 

Yoobin did. Year 2014 when her parents decided they move to a subdivision on another town. It was very uncomfortable for her as she's just in her first year in high school and is just starting to adjust yet here's another adjustment she has to do. 

 

It's already hard trying to keep up with the new people who became her new classmates which she'd be hanging out with for the rest of her high school days and now she has to find a way to get used to commuting to her school which came further to her new house.  

 

Her mother is strict and old-fashioned. Her father works abroad and is more strict than her mother. Yoobin has two sisters, one older-- Yooa and one younger-- Yewon. She's the middle child. Her sisters are both the girly type while Yoobin remained simple. She doesn't like putting on make ups or dressing up too nice, she's fine with simple clothes.

 

It was after a year since they moved to the subdivision when Yoobin first met that girl. Kim Jiho.

 

Yoobin's mom actually knew Jiho's mom. Their families both just moved almost at the same time last year. It's just that Yoobin doesn't go out of their house and Jiho only comes home every weekend, the girl lives and studies in the city.

 

From what Yoobin heard, Jiho is the second child of her mom after the annulment happened. Jiho has an older sister named Mihyun, they have different father. Her family is complicated. After Jiho's mom gave birth to her, her mom went back to Mihyun's father and so that explains why Jiho doesn't live in the province in that subdivision where Yoobin could've met her a little earlier.

 

It was a simple crush. A high school crush! Only that Yoobin first saw Jiho on the balcony when Jiho went home to have her Christmas vacation with her family.

 

Around 6 p.m., Yoobin went out to run some errands then she heard two girls talking on the balcony of her neighbor's house. They were merely giggling at some point of their conversation. Yoobin knew the other girl, Mihyun. She has seen her before since they're neighbors but the other girl?

 

"Mom, I saw someone on the Kim's house." Yoobin enters their house, immediately talking to her mom who's busy cooking at the kitchen.

 

"Ah. That must be the youngest, Jiho. The attractive one I told you before." Her mom said without looking at her, still busy cooking. 

 

Yoobin nodded. "Oh.." She went to the dining area and sat down. Couldn't take the smile on Jiho's face she saw earlier. 

 

"Eyy~ Yoobin, do you like her?" Her mom teases her. 

 

Honestly, Yoobin never had a crush on anyone before, let alone talked to her mom about having a crush on someone.

 

"Uhm.. She's cute." Yoobin shyly admitted, she takes her pen and started doing her homework which she had left earlier to run the errand her mom asked her to do.

 

"Oh! You and Jiho would fit together and she's rich."

 

That was most likely the start of Yoobin's romantic life, which her mom supported so much.

 

It's purely her looking outside the window of her shared room with Yooa-- where she could see Jiho either playing on her laptop or phone, or playing the guitar at their balcony. She never talked to Jiho for half a year. She just waited for Jiho to come home every weekend so she could watch the girl whenever Jiho goes out to that balcony. 

 

It stopped soon though. Yoobin's father came home and fixed the vacant room next to Yooa's room so Yoobin can use it. Because of that, Yoobin had no way to watch Jiho before she sleeps. All she could do is check if Jiho would come out on mornings and she'll watch from their living room but then, Jiho stopped coming out too. 

 

After another six months, Christmas came once again. This time, it's a chilly one so Yoobin's parents, Jiho's parents and their other neighbors decided why not have some barbecue party together. 

 

That was the first time Yoobin wanted to look nice, dress nicely and put some powder and lip balm on. She and Jiho would be in one room together! What could happen?

 

Jiho and her family came. It's a little disappointing because Jiho is just wearing plain casual home clothes unlike Yoobin who prepared so much.

 

Something happened. After eating, their neighbors requested Jiho to play her guitar for them. Yoobin anticipated so much when they started asking Jiho but then,

 

"Yoobin, why not sing while Jiho plays her guitar?" Her mom asks her, more like - being someone who knew Yoobin is smittened with Jiho.

 

Yoobin immediately shook her head but then Arin pushed her. From her position, she could see Jiho awkwardly chuckling on the side. Jiho excused herself for a moment to get her guitar while Yoobin's parents passed two chairs to them so they could sit. 

 

Everybody is sitting in circle, watching them. 

 

When Jiho came back with her guitar, Yoobin is already sitting on her chair. Yoobin patted the other chair for Jiho and there goes their first conversation ever.

 

"So what do you want to sing?" Jiho asks. Her voice is so soft and Yoobin can feel every bit of Jiho's appearance next to her that she felt so nervous to mumble the words right.

 

"Want- Anything uhm- You want anything." IT SHOULD BE ANYTHING YOU WANT.

 

But who cares, Jiho's laugh at Yoobin's stuttering was like the world slowly healed on its own. 

 

"We can go with.. say, Perfect?" Jiho suggests. Yoobin nods and watches as Jiho starts picking on the strings of her guitar. She has heard Jiho singing before, it's that she never heard Jiho's soft voice this loud and clear. You know that feeling when you can't hear anything else aside from that one thing that reigns in your head? Yoobin couldn't stop smiling while singing along with Jiho.

 

I found a love for me

 

Although, you know the typical puppy love.

 

That night also changed the way Yoobin's and Jiho's parents treat them both. The parents started pushing them together, to hang out with each other. 

 

That caused Yoobin to start losing interest in Jiho. Yoobin was really attracted to Jiho but it slowly faded and Yoobin found herself not wishing to see Jiho anymore. 

 

Jiho and Yoobin's texts exchange consists of,

 

"Hey, my mom cooked something, are you in the house?"

 

"Hey, your mom's order came earlier, just ring the doorbell if you'll take it."

 

"Happy birthday Jiho!"

 

"Happy birthday Yoobiiin."

 

"Merry Christmas! :)"

 

"Happy new year! ^^" 

 

And all of these texts were just because their parents told them to. They're really pushing this agenda.

 

Especially after Yoobin and Jiho graduated in high school. Their parents wouldn't stop teasing them. There were times that Jiho's mom would invite Yoobin's family over for dinner and their parents won't stop talking about Jiho and Yoobin looking good together if they're dating. 

 

A week after Yoobin's graduation when her mom asked her to come with Jiho on getting their voter's ID. It's just the right time they should do it but Yoobin didn't expect they have to do it together. Jiho had just came home for vacation too so basically, there's no reason for Yoobin to avoid the awkward day with Jiho.

 

This time, Yoobin didn't put so much effort dressing up. She's planning to get her ID and go home early so she just wore plain denim jeans and her favorite purple shirt.

 

When she walked out of her house, she saw Jiho in denim jeans and blue shirt, holding a black umbrella while waiting by the gate.

 

Oh fate, you gotta be kidding me.

 

There they go, looking like a couple as they walk together on their way out of the subdivision. 

 

Fascinating thing though, Yoobin doesn't need to worry about sunlight because Jiho is holding the umbrella for her. It's just that there's supposed to be some distance between them but Jiho keeps pulling her closer and soon, the girl is already wrapping her arm around Yoobin's shoulder.

 

Usually, she holds the umbrella for her sisters or her mom. And, no one have done this to Yoobin in her whole life. 

 

"Is the office too far?" Jiho asks casually. Yoobin nods slowly and looks at her, they met each other's eyes and that-- for Yoobin, was too nerve-wracking. She didn't realize Jiho's eyes were this big like.. a tiger's. Yoobin suddenly felt like a prey.

 

"Yeah, I've only been there twice actually." Yoobin says, internally patting her head for being able to stay sane in this awkward encounter.

 

From what she heard, Jiho is a quiet kid. But that day proved them wrong.

 

When they got in a cab, Jiho started talking about so many things such as their similarities, hobbies, and what Yoobin wants to take for college. This is almost like a blind date.

 

"You like playing battleground right?" Jiho asks, Yoobin is just looking across on the road, the cab driver doesn't seem to care but the atmosphere inside the car has too much pressure for Yoobin. But wait, 

 

"How did you know?" Yoobin glanced a bit on the person next to her but Jiho was looking at her so she looked away as soon, Yoobin is so feeling shy that moment but she tried to hide it with her smile. 

 

"Your mom told my mom and my mom told me." Jiho said with a chuckle, Yoobin couldn't help but to chuckle along because,

 

"Same here, my mom talks about you a lot." She said with the now found comfort on talking to Jiho. 

 

"Well, if you want, we can play together some time." Jiho said, smiling at her. Yoobin only realized now that Jiho's hair is so perfect, being straight black and naturally soft. 

 

Of course she didn't touch it, she just felt it.. Jiho is sitting so close to her, saying she often gets car sickness. 

 

"Of course! I'll tell you my username later?" Yoobin smiled back and Jiho nodded. Just before they go down into an awkward silence, Jiho started talking again.

 

"You're attending the university at the city, right?" Jiho asks and Yoobin nodded. Yes, Yoobin is. One ironic thing that when she's about to go live at the city, Jiho will be here to stay in town. Maybe they aren't meant to hang out too much.

 

"I'm looking for an apartment now though. My classmates said they had a hard time looking for one." 

 

Yoobin heard Jiho humming before responding, "You can stay at my house.. I mean, I can ask my mom. That way you won't have a hard time." Jiho said, Yoobin looks at her, scanning her eyes. She can't believe Jiho is doing this, if she's serious..

 

Jiho grins at her. "What? Stop staring at me." Jiho said, looking away from her. Yoobin did too, she just realized she'd been staring and then she started blushing. 

 

Just then, she heard Jiho chuckling, "I meant uh.. just think about it. No one really lives there aside from me."

 

Yoobin smiles and lowers her head for a moment to try suppressing her blushing. "I'll talk to my mom.. If it's your house then I might need more stuff for myself, you know, living alone ." She explains and Jiho seems to understand.

 

They got their IDs fast and really have gotten closer as time passes by that they're together. Yoobin's initial plan to take her ID and go home seemed to have been forgotten.

 

When they walked out of the office, Yoobin looked around though she didn't know why she's doing it. Jiho chuckles while watching her. 

 

"Where do you wanna go next?" Jiho asks her, they're currently at the urban part of the town so there are some places they could go. Yoobin just can't decide what she wants do since Jiho doesn't really know anything about the place. 

 

"We can walk around then get somethign to eat?" Yoobin answers- more like a question again and that got Jiho laughing. 

 

"It's okay, my treat!" Of course it should be your treat. Yoobin started walking and Jiho followed her. 

 

"You know, if you want, I can show you around the city as payment for you showing me around here." Jiho tells her and when Yoobin took a look at Jiho's face, the girl has that playful smile on her face again. 

 

They've really gotten closer. They spent the whole day together without discomfort anymore. It really was like a blind date.
 

"Jiho's mom said she wants Jiho to study here in town for college." Her mom told her one lunch. Yoobin just smiled beause it's the 3rd time her mom told her about it. 

 

"And I'm going out of town and go to the city. My decision is final, mom. I really love that university and I'm not letting it go." Yoobin says, sipping from her glass of water. Yes, she's just afraid that her mom would ask her to go to the same university with Jiho. 

 

Yoobin saw her mom shaking head. She decides to pay attention now. Her mom is weirdly smiling. "Jiho said she would go to your university and maybe.. If you would accept,"

 

"Huh? What is it?" Yoobin came out excited. She doesn't know why-- or maybe it's because she knows no one in college that she's happy Jiho would be there even if they're not really that close.

 

"She'd want to be your housemate. You know that she has a house at the city, right?" Her mom seems excited about it but Yoobin knows it's also because if Yoobin lives at Jiho's house, their expenses would lessen. It really is expensive to live alone and hard to rent an apartment with people you don't know.

 

Yoobin nods. "Would you let me live with her?" She asks her mom, her sisters giggle next to her. Sometimes, Yoobin just forgets that her sisters are still here because they're too quiet at times and discussions like this.

 

Her mom chuckles as well and nodded. "Of course. And in fact, I already talked to your dad and he said it's okay. You can also use your scholarship money in case of emergency, but learn to use your money wisely, alright?" Yoobin nods and smiles wide. 

 

She is more excited about college than living with Jiho. And that is a fact.

 

Until they actually started living together, she started seeing the qualities of Jiho that turns her off even more. When you reach 20, you started thinking of being in a relationship. Something Yoobin knows is the fact that she's not interested in dating because she knows her parents love Jiho. It's just that, the more Yoobin get to know Jiho, she gets more reasons not to pursue what could be some kind of romantic thing between them.

 

Anyway, Jiho and Yoobin have became comfortable with each other. Jiho is a nice housemate. Yoobin being a clean freak didn't have problems living with Jiho. Even if the house is owned by Jiho, Yoobin didn't feel like she's just a tenant or something. They really lived like housemates. 

 

"Jiho? What happened to you?" Yoobin took off her glasses and stood up from her study table. She's in her room-- supposed to be a guest room and Jiho was sitting on her doorway. 

 

When Yoobin walked closer to Jiho, she saw her drunken face. Her mom said she doesn't drink. Yoobin held Jiho's arm and pulled her up. 

 

"Why did you drink so much?" Yoobin asks while holding Jiho's arm wrapped around her as she guided her to the next room which is Jiho's. 

 

Jiho stinks so much alcohol. They're not classmates and Yoobin has no idea who was with her and what could be the reason why she's like this.

 

"Binnie.. I-I failed my midterms." 

 

Oh. Binnie- Yoobin shook her head at the thought of Jiho calling her with a nickname.

 

Yoobin carefully sat Jiho on the bed. She didn't know Jiho can be so hang up with her grades but who knows, this is college and honestly, a student should be careful on exams.

 

Jiho sighs then yawns then plopped on her bed. Yoobin just stood there and stared at the girl, not knowing what to do. Should she help Jiho sober up or let her rest? 

 

But tomorrow is still exam day and she's sure Jiho will feel worse if she fails another subject.

 

"Jiho.." Yoobin lightly pats Jiho's cheek to wake her up. Jiho hums softly. This is the first time Yoobin has the chance to stare at Jiho's features this close but, Ugh she stinks.

 

"You have to take a bath." She whispers softly and the drunk girl chuckles. What is she chuckling about? Yoobin pats Jiho's cheek again and finally, Jiho opens her eyes. 

 

She looked at Yoobin but the latter can't read her eyes. It was only a few seconds until Jiho starts patting Yoobin's cheek like what she did to Jiho. 

 

Yoobin smiles. She smells but.. cute. She pulls Jiho up again before Jiho tries to sleep.

 

"Come oooon, you have to sober up so you can study for tomorrow. Do you want to fail again?" Yoobin pulls both of Jiho's arm and successfully made her sit up. Jiho shakes her head slowly. 

 

"Take a bath. I will make you a coffee." Yoobin turns to Jiho's closet and threw a set of clothes to Jiho who seems to be listening now.

 

"You'll.. study with me?" Jiho asks.

 

"Yes."

 

"You'll make hot chocolate?" 

 

"Yes." 

 

"You'll bath me?"

 

"Yes- I mean no!" Yoobin furrows her eyebrows and throw the blue towel on Jiho's laughing face. 

 

It's fun to live without the adults telling you what to do the whole day. That's one of the perks of Yoobin living at the city but of course, they take a break from that fun every weekend where they have no classes- means it's time to go home for two days.

 

Yoobin was always excited to go back home because school can be exhausting with the projects and the quizzes and the nonstop studying. 

 

At first, they used to go home, taking a bus together. 

 

"You just really don't want to use your car." Yoobin repeated what Jiho said. The taller girl nodded as they sat together in the bus. Yoobin chuckles and takes the seat next to the window.

 

"Okay, sure." She said, shrugging at Jiho. 

 

Jiho just told her that she wants to try taking a bus too, again. It's the fifth time they go home together riding a bus. Jiho had told her about Mihyun- her sister who used to pick her up back when she go home every weekend but now, Jiho is saying she just wanna take the bus.

 

"What is this for?" Jiho asks, taking the little bunny pillow Yoobin is holding on her lap. Yoobin grabs it back shyly. 

 

"It's for when I fall asleep during the ride." Yoobin puts the pillow by the window to show Jiho. "I tend to hurt my head when I bump on the window while asleep." She explains even when embarrassed. 

 

Jiho laughs and rests her back on the back of the seat then pats her right shoulder. Yoobin raised her eyebrow at the girl. "What?"

 

"You can lean on me." 

 

It only lasted for two months. Jiho is not the same as Yoobin. She loves staying at the city and hanging out with people, socializing and all the things Yoobin can't imagine she can do. 

 

That's one of the things Yoobin doesn't like about Jiho. She go to dates a lot. 

 

"If you don't want to fail your quizzes then study." Yoobin blurted out one time at dinner when Jiho is whining once again about how hard her subjects are. 

 

She thought Jiho would be affected by her blunt remark but the girl just grinned. 

 

"I will study after my date tomorrow, okay?" Jiho said, finishing her food. Yoobin shrugs, not planning to convince her more. 

 

Jiho goes to dates almost every week. Sometimes, random girls approach Yoobin at the university to ask about Jiho as they knew she and Jiho live at the same roof. But, Yoobin tells them nothing.

 

It's supposed to be a rule that if a person doesn't call you or anything after the date, it means they don't wanna do it again. Jiho said that, by the way.

 

"My classmate set me up with this guy." Jiho suddenly barged in Yoobin's room, drying her hair with a towel. Yoobin was busy reading a book. It is Friday and she's planning to sleep early because she'll go home tomorrow.

 

"And?" Yoobin's eyes drew back to what she's reading although she can't really comprehend much of the words anymore because Jiho is distracting her. 

 

"But I don't like dating guys." Jiho and Yoobin laughed together. 

 

"Ya, just tell him you're sick or something." Yoobin said but Jiho shook her head. 

 

"I don't really care but um, Binnie, I bought movie tickets, you wanna watch with me tomorrow?" Jiho hung the towel on her shoulder and leaned at the wall by the doorway of Yoobin's room.

 

Yoobin takes the bookmark from her lap and puts it on the page of where she stopped before she closed the book on her hand. 

 

"But tomorrow is Saturday, we're supposed to go home." She said as she sat on her bed. Actually interested about this movie since Jiho is treating her. 

 

Jiho chuckles. "Yeah, we can go home after the movie." 

 

The next day, Yoobin woke up at around 8 a.m. Jiho was ready so early. 

 

"Uh, isn't the movie supposed to be around 10?" Yoobin asks as she prepares her breakfast. Jiho looked at her for a moment while putting on her rubber shoes.

 

"Yeah, but um, I have to go to the uni and get our thesis title checked. I'll be with you later." Jiho said before standing up. Yoobin sat on the dining table ready for her breakfast when Jiho came in the house again and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

 

A-Ah, right. That. When Jiho first did that, it really surprised Yoobin but then she realized Jiho does it even with her mom so, maybe Jiho got used to doing it. Still surprises Yoobin everytime though.

 

Jiho walked out of the house soon. Yoobin went to doing her morning routines. 

 

Really though, even when Jiho has these qualities that turned Yoobin off everytime she notices them, Yoobin still feel that, maybe soon, they are each other's last resort in romance. It adds that their parents are very supported of them ending up together. The only thing left is for them to actually be together.

 

Yoobin is slowly realizing that she's looking forward to this movie date. Who knows? Maybe this could be their start.

 

But then,

 

It isn't. Jiho didn't come back before 10 a.m., during the movie hours and after 1 p.m. Yoobin tries to text and call Jiho but the girl wasn't responding. The movie ended and Yoobin has decided 

 

she just went home, alone.

 

The whole Sunday, Jiho didn't come home to her family too. But her mom told Yoobin that Jiho is busy with the thesis. 

 

A part of her is doubting Jiho's excuses but when she looks back to the other morning, Jiho was really hasty about the thesis.

 

Then came Monday, Yoobin entered the house and noticed something different

 

It's too clean? The curtains have been changed, the doormat is washed, there were no trace of dust on the door and the stairs and the floors at all, the dining table's glass is shining. 

 

"Jiho, are you here?" Yoobin calls and she heard a stumbling noise from Jiho's room.

 

Jiho came out, her hair a little messy while wearing.. reading glasses. She looks good. 

 

"U-uh.. sorry, I was doing thesis- And the other day I'm sorry, my professor made me defend my proposal." Jiho said, her fingers brushing her hair as she walked towards Yoobin. Being the gentle person she is, she takes Yoobin's bag as she kisses Yoobin's cheek. 

 

Yoobin is still confused and she doesn't know why she is.

 

"Did you clean..?" Yoobin asks as they walk to her room. Jiho smiles and nodded. 

 

"I was feeling bad." Jiho said. Yoobin turned to face her and smiled. 

 

"Don't worry about it. Go continue working, I'll call you for dinner."

 

Yoobin was fine about it knowing that Jiho is finally being real serious about studying. The issue really bothered her so much. She thought this will continue until Jiho joined her at the living room when she was watching news on TV. 

 

"You know, vacation is approaching." Jiho said, taking the remote from the center table and turned the TV off. Yoobin wanted to stop her but Jiho was too fast. Having no choice now, she sat up straight and faced Jiho next to her. 

 

She heaved a deep sigh before asking. "What now?" 

 

"You wanna go out on a date with me?" 

 

Yoobin wasn't drinking water or any liquid, she wasn't chewing on any food but she did coughed stumbling upon Jiho's sudden question. 

 

"Like.. Go out or go out?" Yoobin puts on emphasis at the words because she needs confirmation.

 

"Yeah, go out." Jiho raised her two hands and pulls off a little gesture where her fingers are like.. kissing. 

 

Yoobin rolled her eyes and hits Jiho's face with the throwpillow. Jiho laughed and sat closer to her.

 

"I'm serious. My dates are all weird and not fun. And.. I wanna make it up to you." 

 

Yoobin stares at Jiho's eyes, she feels doubtful about this but then, Jiho winked at her. This time, she hits Jiho's shoulder, pushing her away.

 

"Honestly Jiho, get over it. I'm fine and I was a little sick last night. Stop bugging me about your dates not being fun when you can't even remember their names." She said and takes the remote from the girl but Jiho took it back swiftly then placed it behind her.

 

"Yeah.. I don't remember all of them now.." Jiho scratches her head then smiles out of embarrassment at Yoobin who is watching her being all weird again. 

 

"So," 

 

"So, give me the remote." Yoobin stood up to try and take back the remote but Jiho leaned back to hide it behind her. Yoobin suddenly had to push Jiho on the couch that she ended up almost straddling her. 

 

Panicking, she pulled away with Jiho chuckling at her. 

 

Jiho raises the remote on her right hand but before Yoobin could take it, "Go out with me tomorrow. Like a real date. As a celebration for finishing our first ever semester in college?" 

 

That's when it hits Yoobin, she's been living with Jiho for how many months already when she used to just stay up late watching this girl on the Kim's balcony from her sister's bedroom window at night.

 

"Fine." Yoobin agreed, finally taking off the panicking needle on her chest and replacing it with a confused one where she can't tell if she likes to go out with Jiho as just a friend or for something more.

 

Have you ever seen someone so many times and only on the nth time when you realized you are attracted to her so bad?

 

The next day, they have to attend their respective classes and agreed to meet at the house at around 6 p.m.

 

Yoobin is quietly staring at her closet for 10 minutes now, she couldn't decide what she'll wear. Something.. elegant? Something fancy? Something simple? 

 

Funny thing, all her clothes are something simple because obviously, she's supposed to live in the city for studies, not dates. Yoobin decided to wear a simple slightly creamy white top and a denim skirt. 

 

Simple is nice. Yoobin reminds herself as she looks at the mirror to check her appearance. 

 

But then, she remembers how Jiho's dates looked like when she happens to saw them before or after the date. 

 

Fine, I'll put on some make-up.

 

"Hello? Helloooooo? Anybody home?" 

 

Yoobin quickly placed her lipbalm inside her sling bag when she heard Jiho's voice from.. outside? She went out of her room and saw Jiho standing by the main door, shyly waving at her. 

 

"What are you doing?" Yoobin said, chuckling at how Jiho is acting. 

 

"I'm picking you up for our date. These are for you." Jiho gives Yoobin a rose and when Yoobin takes it, she realized it's still freshly picked. Was she always this sweet?

 

Yoobin laughs and softly thanked Jiho for the flower. "But I'll leave it.. here." Yoobin places the flower at the center table then went back to Jiho. 

 

Jiho raises her hands as if surrendering. "Wow. My date looks so pretty." Jiho said, eye-ing at her from head to toe. 

 

Yoobin scoffs, she locked the door then slowly walked towards her date. She takes her turn and scanned Jiho from head-to-toe as well. Jiho laughed and even turned around. 

 

Jiho was wearing a black CELINE shirt tucked in her brown pants and her favorite rubber shoes. 

 

Yoobin chuckles. "Way to flex your money, huh?" Jiho shrugs and lends her arm so Yoobin can cling on her. 

 

"I'm dating a very pretty girl, why not step up my game?" Jiho said as they walk out of the house. 

 

They went to a restaurant nearby. Jiho insisted they go there since she's more used to their food and not want to have a bad stomach for this wonderful date.

 

"We'll have the specials." Jiho said and gave back the menu to the waitress standing by their table. Yoobin smiles and bit her lip. 

 

"Wow.. this is a pretty nice place for a date." Yoobin said, she has never been to a place like this before for a date. In fact, she's never been to a date before. 

 

"Yeah. For you." Jiho said casually, taking a sip from her glass of water. Yoobin can't help blushing. Think of what to say, think! 

 

"Oh right! I forgot to tell you the water bills came this-" Before she could continue, Jiho covered . 

 

"No house stuff. We're on a date. Focus on the date, focus on me as Jiho, your date." Jiho said, giving her some pointers on the words 'your date', and again, Yoobin is blushing. 

 

She nodded so Jiho would pull her hand off . Jiho chuckles at her which confused Yoobin.

 

"You've.. never been on a date before, I can see it." Jiho said and Yoobin is very, very guilty. 

 

"And..? What about it!" Yoobin pouts, she sighs as she crosses her arms. Jiho chuckles more. "It's either you have no experience in dating or you have feelings for me. You kept blushing since I picked you up." 

 

Yoobin clears and looked straight into Jiho's eyes. "I.." Oh damn it. "Fine, dating master. Tell me what are your dating moves." Yoobin leaned on the table with her newly found thick face masking her embarrassment and the effect of Jiho on her heart.

 

Jiho grins and leans as well towards Yoobin. She stared back at Yoobin and slowly hovers her hand on top of Yoobin's at the table as she speaks. "The truth is, I've been waiting for this day-- or moment to come. I've always thought how you're simply beautiful and I can't get enough of it that I've been scared to scare you away. But honestly, I really.. really want to kiss you everytime I see you." 

 

Yoobin leaned closer, she was really getting lost into Jiho's eyes and got carried away. Only after Jiho grinned at her and softly chuckle when she realized this is Jiho's moves. 

 

How weak am I at this. 

 

"See? I'm charming." Jiho proudly whispers and Yoobin pulled away, crossing her arms again. 

 

"You jerk always pulls this off?" She asks and Jiho nodded, the two laugh together at Jiho's random habits.

 

They sat there for almost two hours just talking. Jiho is really really talkative. Yoobin now understands why people still date her even when she's known to have gone out with and broke up with quite a number of girls already. She made Yoobin feel like they're soulmates or something. 

 

"You know, I wasn't really expecting you'd be this fun when my mom kept talking about how introvert you are." Yoobin said as they walk together on the street to home. 

 

Jiho chuckles. "I'm not an introvert, just not really feeling it when you live with a happy family and you know you're just some outsider."

 

Yoobin looks at Jiho, she's smiling but it seems like she's not that happy about their topic. 

 

Jiho turns to look at Yoobin when the latter slowly lowers her hand from holding onto Jiho's arm to holding the taller girl's hand. 

 

Jiho smiles and held her hand back.

 

"Well, I didn't get a good look at your place earlier. Looks comfortable here, huh?" Jiho said, acting again as they entered the house. Yoobin chuckles and walks to the center of the living room to take the rose Jiho gave her earlier. 

 

"Yeah, it's my uhm.. housemate's, she offered to take me in."

 

"Oh, she seems nice. Is she good-looking?" Jiho asks, then poses like she's a model.. like some mannequin from a dress shop. Yoobin laughed and nods slowly. 

 

"Yeah, maybe she is." Jiho grins at satisfaction from Yoobin's answer. 

 

"Will you tell me what's your end-of-the-date moves?"

 

Jiho chuckles and hops closer to Yoobin, suddenly holding the latter's waist. "So uh.. I really had fun tonight." 

 

Yoobin looked down at Jiho's arms around her and but Jiho pulled her closer the girl is hugging her waist and their faces are merely centimeters apart. Yoobin raised her arms, not knowing where to put them because she's still holding the flower on her hand. 

 

"Hug my neck." Jiho softly says, Yoobin obeyed and wrapped her arms on top of Jiho's shoulders, loosely hugging the taller girl's neck. 

 

"I had the best date ever." Jiho said and Yoobin chuckles. 

 

"I think this is so far my best date too." Yoobin responds sarcastically as she added, "You're the only person I've ever went out on a date with."

 

Jiho chuckles and stares down at Yoobin's eyes. 

 

"I feel like there's something special between us."

 

Her tone was sweet.. and sincere. Yoobin was confused if this is still one of Jiho's moves or..

 

"Tell me I'm not the only one thinking like that.." Jiho whispers, like she's begging and Yoobin felt like her heart is about to burst out staring back at Jiho's eyes which looked as confused. 

 

"Please, I'm going crazy everytime I see you and I know I'm not doing anything about it-- about us." Jiho added, the way she said those words.. Yoobin wants to hug her and tell her that she is badly attracted to her. But, should she?

 

"I-I.. I like you." Yoobin confesses, her eyes instead found its way to Jiho's lips because her heart is in need of rest from taking Jiho's meaningful gaze.

 

Jiho smiles. "Binnie, this isn't a joke. This isn't just my move. I never talked to my past dates sweetly. I don't use my expensive clothes when going out with them. I would rather choose to stare at you and stay here at home everytime but you just drive me so crazy-"

 

Yoobin's feelings bursted out, there really was, and still is something special between them and both Jiho and Yoobin felt it when Yoobin tip-toed and leaned towards Jiho as they share a soft, gentle kiss in the middle of the night at the center of the living room of what in-the-future would they call, home.