Say You Won't Let Go

Say You Won't Let Go

It’s a crazy night.

 

Most of them were already drunk while some of them are tipsy. Despite their condition, they still decided to play the dumbest and definitely the most cliché game everyone plays during friend hangouts and get-together.

 

Truth or Dare. Spin the bottle.

 

They all already have seen the worst like running around the house while shouting their crush’s name, kissing each other in different parts of their bodies, and even sharing various kinds of drinks mixed. Name it all, they already experienced any of it because the source they chose to have for bizarre challenges is from Youtube and Tiktok.

 

The fourth spin, the bottle’s mouth stopped in front of Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon already has the naughty smile in her face and asked her right away.

 

“Who would you want to date the most?”

 

“Dating as in dating each other or dating as in staying by their side every single day? It has different meanings, you know”

 

Jihyo asked Jeongyeon that made the latter chuckle.

 

“Alright. To be clear, who would you want to date the most with marriage in mind?”

 

Everyone cheered and screamed, particularly Sana and Momo, who always teases Chaeyoung with those kind of questions and the younger already knew it right away.

 

“Chaeyoung’s blushing!”

 

“It’s because you always tease me!”

 

They all laughed at the cub before they went on serious mode, or just trying not to laugh because the alcohol still kicks so strongly in their system.

 

“Minari”

 

Dahyun and Tzuyu giggled and the Unnies immediately assumed that two youngest knows something behind the reason why Chaeyoung has chosen Mina.

 

“Mind to tell the reason why?”

 

“It should be just one question, though? Pray that the bottle will face me again and that’s when you can ask the question”

 

Chaeyoung smirked and Jeongyeon instantly spun the bottle once again, to her luck, as if the universe is on her side, it went to Chaeyoung’s direction again that made the older chuckle at her.

 

“Okay, why did you choose Mina as the one you would want to date the most with marriage in mind?”

 

“Easy. It’s because Mina would make a good wife and a wise mother”

 

All of them was fascinated with Chaeyoung’s answer and it’s now Mina’s time to answer the same question as the bottle went in her direction next.

 

“Who would you like to date the most with marriage in mind, Mina?”

 

“Chaeyoungie”

 

Screams were heard in the whole place once again and Mina and Chaeyoung both cannot hide the blush in their faces as it makes them feel hotter, adding the fact that they also drunk some alcohol with their friends.

 

“Because she’s beloved so much and she’s very lovely”

 

“She’s not even being asked by that question and yet she already answered. Very impressive, Mitang!”

 

And that moment alone started everything. Started the moments of Mina and Chaeyoung choosing each other over everything, even in simple things.

 

That’s when they knew they clicked, that it was never planned and they totally did not force each other to choose one another because it just naturally came out from their mouth and their fingers naturally just pointed each other out when asked about that certain intriguing question.

 

Their friends, of course, rooted for the both of them, saying they really make a good couple and so many teasing moments arose and they were okay with it.

 

Since they are still in college and just knew each other when they started their university life, they tried to stick with that one friend group because they both believe it will last until the end (or maybe that’s just their excuse to keep seeing each other as they took different courses).

 

Whenever their professors in their general subjects notices that all their students are sleepy or bored with their class, they will always start a game by partners and Mina and Chaeyoung will automatically choose each other.

 

“Miss Son, Miss Myoui you’re always on the same team and having the highest score during activities, why don’t you have another partner this time?”

 

“We’re okay with each, Sir. No, thank you. Sorry”

 

Their professor chuckled and just continued with his discussion about their activity that day, which is a chemistry test.

 

That’s the specific reason why they became extremely close because they knew about each other in a shallow, but also deep way.

 

Another moment when they always choose each other is when they just choose to stay inside their shared apartment when they eventually graduated college instead of meeting with their friends outside.

 

They choose to just stay over and play some series or movies, eat their popcorns, and drink their sodas together because in that way, they can save some expenses and they can also enjoy their rest day without thinking of getting stressed about what to wear and the changing weather outside, though sometimes, of course, they promise their friends that they will join them.

 

“Why do you always choose each other ever since that crappy spin the bottle game started? Please, aren’t you sick with each other for almost 6 years already? If I were you, Mina, I will surely get out of the apartment already if I keep on seeing Chaeyoung the first thing in the morning and the moment before I close my eyes at night”

 

Nayeon teased the great friends when they arrived holding hands at the said restaurant they are going to meet, eat, and catch up and the rest of them laughed with the oldest among all of them.

 

“Why would I get tired of seeing Chaeyoung when she’s so lovely to look at?”

 

“Oh God. Myoui whipped, confirmed”

 

Momo said in a tiny voice, intended for Sana, but Mina and Chaeyoung already heard her when they sat in front of the two other Japanese girls.

 

“You’re just jealous you’re not living with Chaeyoung, Hirai”

 

It may be really rapid and everything that just happened between the both of them in a span of 6 years is literally insane, but Mina and Chaeyoung didn’t see that as a hindrance or something similar to that, but rather a blessing because as the days pass by, they just keep on choosing each other and that’s what matters the most.

 

No matter what the circumstance is, no matter how hard it is to decide and choose, they will keep on choosing one another that leads to them to making a promise at one midnight when they decided to drive away from the city and stay in the nearest province and just enjoy the scenery and the midnight breeze.

 

“Chaeyoung, I know this is random and stupid, but I promise to choose you over and over again, above everything. May it be a question regarding to whoever I want to date the most, or in just simple things like who I want to stay with forever. I will always choose you.”

 

The younger was certainly surprised with what Mina just said. The girl is serious with her bright eyes and sweet smile. Mina then holds her hand and entwined it with hers.

 

“I want to keep staying by your side, Chaeyoung”

 

“Mina, you don’t know how happy and relieved I am right now because I also promise to be with you until the end, no matter what happens, I will always choose you. Mark my words, you’re my one and only choice”

 

“Hmm? Okay, I promise not to leave and just hold your hand”

 

“And I promise to hug you, particularly in hard times”

 

“And I promise to choose you even if you have wrinkles already”

 

“And I promise to choose you even if you have white hair already”

 

“And I promise to choose you even if you can’t walk already”

 

“And I promise to choose you even if you’re already with someone else”

 

“And I promise to choose you even if it hurts me in any ways possible. I would still choose you, Son Chaeyoung”

 

They don’t even know why did they made those kind of promises at 2 in the morning while crying and feeling the breeze as they stay outside Chaeyoung’s car and just stare at the street lights in front of them.

 

They don’t know, but it both gives them a relieving feeling and at the same time, pain, some kind of pain that makes their chest does some little squeeze of pain and makes their eyes water.

 

When Chaeyoung’s birthday came, Mina knew that her official goods she ordered for months now still doesn’t arrive so she just bought it herself and gifted the girl with it.

 

“Happy birthday, Chaeyoung”

 

Chaeyoung instantly opened the gift inside the paper bag and saw two Justin Bieber shirts that she has been meaning to buy, but doesn’t have the chance to because she doesn’t trust any shops as of that moment considering what happened with her goods she ordered online.

 

“Oh my God? Mina, thank you, really. This means a lot, I really love it”

 

“You do? I’m glad”

 

They hugged each other for a moment and the simple celebration began.

 

As expected, Mina and Chaeyoung feels like they were stuck in a glue because they didn’t leave each other’s side ever since the celebration started until the end, though, it’s just the 9 of them there, there are still games that require them to be separated, but they just keep on choosing themselves as partners.

 

“Mina and Chaeyoung are so boring, they keep on choosing each other. Eeew”

 

“The way you keep on choosing Dahyun, as well, Sana? I notice that, too. Heh”

 

Chaeyoung had a smug in her face when she said that and that’s when they just continued their games while eating and drinking.

 

It was a nice day, almost perfect, really. Chaeyoung was too happy and overwhelmed with all the things that happened in her special day because besides it’s her birthday, Nayeon and Jeongyeon also announced that they are getting married in the last quarter of the year while Sana and Dahyun finally became girlfriends, Tzuyu, Jihyo, and Momo also became fur Moms recently that made all of them happy.

 

And another thing is that… Mina actually looks extra attractive that night with her beige strap dress that exposes her collar bones and her hair tied in a messy bun and did Chaeyoung already mentioned that her cheeks goes puffy because she drank too much, adding the fact that she’s blushing when Chaeyoung suddenly intertwined their hands together? Yeah, that fact can totally wreck and break Chaeyoung’s whole system.

 

Once they arrived at their apartment safely, they changed into comfortable clothes and just too everything in the ground because they are too lazy to put it in the laundry.

 

“Oh good Lord. I think I can’t stop talking about what just happened today. I really can’t believe Nayeon and Jeongyeon are already getting married, well, as they should, because they are already adults and they are already in the age where they can settle and probably build their own family. Sana and Dahyun finally admitted their feelings for one another, or it’s just Dahyun who was in denial right from the start. Aigoo, that girl, I just want to hug her a while ago because she finally took the chance to ask Sana out. And I am so happy for Jihyo, Tzuyu, and Momo for their fur babies because aaaw imagine having babies and not needing person because they can already fill in the blank part in their heart? Agh, I think I’m still dunk. How to stop talking, shut my mouth, please”

 

Mina giggles at the still drunk Chaeyoung and made her drink a glass of water before she gently placed her head on her pillow.

 

“Chaeng Chaeng, it’s time to sleep now, I’ll just cook you some hangover soup tomorrow, okay?”

 

“No, Mina. I want to shut my mouth now like please I was really overwhelmed with everything that just happened with today alone, like hello? Of all the days we have for this year, good news were all saved for my birthday? How and why did I even deserve that kind of blessings in my life? I’m so thankful for my friends, really. But I’m grateful to Mina the most because she’s keeping her promises, as of today. God. Oh God. Why am I even saying these kind of things? I’m so dumb. I’m so in love you, and I hope you know—“


 

Chaeyoung was definitely astonished when she suddenly felt a pair of lips on her own that made her blush and remove the tipsiness in her whole system.

 

“I love you so much, Son Chaeyoung”

 

They went to a Park that week on a Sunday where they both don’t have any work. They decided to take a walk as the weather is just too perfect to stay there probably until the sun sets.

 

They saw a lot of families staying there as it is Sunday and that brought them to a really bizarre imagination that made them smile until the end of the day.

 

That moment, while staring at the running kids and smiling parents, they imagined of having their own family.

 

Chaeyoung can definitely see Mina as a good wife and a wise mother, like she said that particular moment during their spin the bottle game and Mina can definitely see Chaeyoung as a marriage partner who is beloved and just lovely, making her feel loved and special in any way.

 

They can also see each other having kids running around their house like those kids running around them at the park. They can see little Mina and Chaeyoung with braids and gummy smiles and tiny hands and having that lovely and adorable face.

 

It sure is an odd imagination, though they’re already in the age where they can settle, but they still think that it would be nice if they could keep their promises until the end (they surely will, Chaeyoung just knows).

 

Aside from planning on building their own family in the future, they also thought about some plans for their wedding—what they will wear, if it is a beach or garden wedding, what kind of flowers they will have, and the likes. They also talked about the future house they plan to build near the beach because they want to keep on seeing the sea and feeling the breeze it has every single day.

 

Thinking about all of that makes the both of them smile at each other.

 

It’s definitely relieving that they are now in the stage where they can think about that because they are already settled in life and therefore they can do and make all of that come true whenever they want to.

 

“It’s so nice to be right here with you, Mina”

 

Chaeyoung gasped and get back to her senses when she felt the cold breeze that gives shivers in her skin.

 

It’s midnight again.

 

She went back to reality and stopped thinking about those imaginations—of their wedding, of the family they want to build, and everything about it because she’s there now. Alone and doesn’t have anyone to lean to.

 

She’s so tired of crying, of breaking down, of blaming herself with what happened, and of pretending that it’s going to be okay when it’s totally and will definitely not be okay.

 

She regrets having those promises they made for each other. She certainly regrets loving only one girl in her whole life. She regrets accepting her fully in her life and let her drive her insane, make her want her more, make her do all the things she wants to do with Chaeyoung’s life.

 

She regrets having Mina in her life.

 

When eventually decided to finally propose to Mina just last night and invited all of her family and friends, everyone was anticipating with the event, even if Chaeyoung is so damn nervous with what will happen.

 

Of course, Chaeyoung is sure that Mina will say yes, the girl always gives her assurance that she will stay until the end and she will always choose her.

 

But she most likely got her expectations too high because when Mina arrived at the said place looking so irritated with everything around her, particularly those cute, pink setup Chaeyoung built just for her proposal, she straightforwardly told her no and explained that she’s so damn tired of their relationship, that she feels like she’s just obliged to make those promises and she’s just forced to choose her all over again.

 

Everyone was shocked with what Mina had said that made Chaeyoung into a bucket of tears because how would she even live tomorrow knowing that Mina rejected her proposal? Knowing that the only person she wants to spend the rest of her life with stopped choosing her already? Knowing that promises are indeed meant to be broken and she should’ve sticked with that saying? Knowing that her heart breaks into million pieces the moment Mina explained that she’s already exhausted in their relationship, already so damn tired with Chaeyoung?

 

At the end, no matter how they keep on showing that they loved one another, even if one of them is just pretending to, Chaeyoung doesn’t care, as long as she thinks that Mina still mean her words the first time she said ‘I love you’ to her.

 

And Chaeyoung will still keep her promise of choosing her even if Mina already chose someone else.