Chapter 01

Sickly Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A loud cry of baby sound through the silent palace, waking up people who were asleep. Before cries decrease, another cry is added to it.

“Ahhh-”

A groan escape from the figure that was laying on the King size bed without any comforter covering him on a cold night. He sits down on the bed groaning tiredly, rubbing his sleepy eyes before standing and moving toward the nursery beside his room.

“Mama, prince Geayeong is having fever.” Said one of the crown prince nannies.

“What?” sleepiness gets away from His highness Yeong’s body soon as he heard the words, and quickly moves to the crib and picks up his elder son.  

As he touches the skin of his son, he feels like holding something on fire. His baby is burning up with a fever. Yeong hugs his baby to his chest, trying to take the temperature from his son. As Yeong’s cold skin touches the baby, his cries decrease little and the baby moves to his mother’s touch, gaining little soothing.

“Call the doctors,” Yeong said to one of the servants. And turns to the other crib where his youngest still crying. His nanny is trying to calm down baby.

“Is he also has a fever?” Yeong asks, still cradling his oldest son to his chest.

“No, mama. He had woken up from prince Geayeong’s crying. Prince Jiyeong is fine.” she replied bowing.

“Take him to my room. If not, he will also get a fever. And call secretary Myung” Yeong said to her. Hearing that, prince Jiyeong took away from the nursery by his nanny.

“Mama.” The royal doctor and nurse enter the nursery after Nanny.

“He is having fever. I can’t think of a way how he got a fever. Because I was them with all day and we didn’t go out today.” Yeong replied, moving to sit at his armchair beside the cribs, holding his sick son. After he sits down, he moves his son’s burning body from his chest, to give better access to the doctor to check him. But soon as the child felt his mother’s body is away from him, he starts to cry.

“Shhh, baby. Omma is here.” Yeong tries to calm down his baby patting his bum, while the royal doctor does check him.

“How is he?” Yeong asks after the doctor sits back on the chair, and starts to write down something on his notepad.

“Mama, he is having a fever because of cold. I will send a nurse to bring medicines. Prince Geayeong will be okay in few hours after taking medicine.” The royal doctor replied and gave the note to the nurse, to bring medicines.

“Mama, where is the prince Jiyeong? I think it’s better to check him too. They are twins, so there are possibilities that both of them get sick at the same time.” Doctor added.

“He is in my room,”  Yeong said before standing with his son and walks to his room.

Yeong stops a few steps away from his bed where his youngest is sleeping. His secretary and childhood friend Myung Seung-ah is sitting beside him, patting the child bum while murmuring a lullaby. She looks at them and steps aside to give space to the doctor.

“Mama, how is prince Geayeong?” Seung-ah asks walking to Yeong.

“He is burning. My poor baby.” Yeong replied as he gazes whimpering kid on his cradle.

“Should I make his milk bottle?” Seung-ah ask.

“I don’t think he will drink that today,” Yeong replied, looking at the doctor when he saw him standing after checking up his youngest son.

“Mama, I am afraid prince Jiyeong is also going to have a fever. It looks like he is holding up a little. Prince Jiyeong’s throat is also swelling. I will give medicine to him too.” The royal doctor said making Yeong sigh.

Seung-ah looks at the queen and moves to Prince Jiyeong’s sleeping figure before saying “Mama, I will help to take care of princes.”

“Doctor, how about their meals? How I get them to eat medicine?” Yeong asks.

“Mama, one medicine can mix with the milk. But another one has to give them directly. But don’t worry it has a sweet flavor, so they won’t spit it out.” Doctor replies.

A nurse brought the medicines and Yeong’s servant brought two milk bottles. Then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter