... what follows after

something kinda crazy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The heavy bass bounced off the walls, making the entire crowd of intoxicated party-goers grind hard and messy on the dance floor, like convulsing worms after a bath of salt. Bodies brushing and pushing and grinding against clothes and other lower body extremities. The DJ shouted a few choice words that are neither a language or a dialect in her vocabulary but, seeing as how the crowd pumped their fist and hopped in their area to the beat of the music, effective if the boisterous shouts is any indication.

 

 

 

How they stay ecstatic while stuck together like countless magnets in one object is something Irene pondered as she nursed her third bottle of beer, lounging in the soft cushions of the seat, eyes scanning the crowd for her own inebriated group of friends swallowed by everyone with the height of 5'6 and above.

 

 

 

Ah. There goes Joy and Seulgi making a fool of themselves by doing their own dance routine, she laughed, when Joy nearly stumbled after doing the running man. "Tsk, tsk. It doesn't even vibe to the song," she muttered. Irene watched them for a few moments, chuckling as Yerim yelped after being pulled unaware by the others.

 

 

 

Sighing, she felt the cold condensation on her hands from the bottle brushing it to the legs of her jeans, wondering how on earth she lost four times in a row in a game of rock-paper-scissors to the idiots and Yerim. This is not how she wished to enjoy her Friday night, she mused as she took a huge gulp of her beer.

 

 

 

Her week was neither rough nor easy, but still she prefers to end her week surrounded by familiarity and comfort rather than discomfort and slight inebriation. She fought a losing battle with Joy and Yerim when they brought up how mundane and boring she has became. Losing doesn't bode well in her competitive personality. She's always a victorious winner and a very mean sore loser. Irene sighed, she already grumbled enough during the car ride but it still miffed her.

 

 

 

Three bottles of beer yet longs for a harder drink, if only she's not the more responsible adult -- and "LOSER IS THE DESIGNATED DRIVER!", Yerim cackled before skipping away hand in hand with Joy and Seulgi -- and accepted the drinks sent by several guys her way. The agenda for tonight wasn't to get drunk afterall but to stay sanely but slightly inebriated for her friends who's now  ... anywhere but her sight.

 

 

 

Worried, she stood up and leaned over the rails that served as protection for the clumsy and drunk.

 

 

 

Glad that their table was located in the more elevated part of the establishment, Irene scanned the dance floor for signs of her friends. Several choices of cuss words escaping when she couldn't spot the tallest one in the group. Irene forgot that the tall ones are probably all hunched over and stumbling from the effects of alcohol.

 

 

 

I

Please log in to read the full chapter