A Temporary Goodbye

A Temporary Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

  Kwangsoo clapped his hands together, concluding his last episode on Running Man after 3991 days. It still does not feel real to him. He spent almost every Monday of 11 years on this show, which meant more than the world to him, helping him find his second family. After the shoot, all the members were still staring at him with sad eyes, not bearing to let him go. 

 

  As everyone else was packing and getting ready to leave at the end, Jaesuk took this opportunity to pull Kwangsoo to the side. It was a different side of him and it broke Kwangsoo’s heart seeing Jaesuk on the verge of crying. Jaesuk placed his hands on Kwangsoo’s shoulders and whispered, “You’ve done well and I’m really proud of you. I might not say it much and also make fun of you a lot, but I just want you to know that you brought us so much joy and we are so blessed to have you. Don’t forget about us and call us frequently!’ They smiled at each other bittersweetly and Jaesuk patted Kwangsoo’s back before leaving. Kwangsoo stared at Jaesuk leaving as he left the venue. He knew how much Jaesuk loved him no matter the teasing and he knew that Jaesuk was going to miss filming with him so much.

 

  “Kwangsoo.” Kwangsoo turned around when he heard his name being called by Haha and saw him and SeokJin walking towards him solemnly. “Kwangsoo ah, Haha and I have to make a move first but we just want to say that we’ll really miss you.” SeokJin said, avoiding eye contact with Kwangsoo. “Like really really miss you. We appreciate you so much and thank you for making these 11 years so fun for us.” Haha added and went in for a hug. SeokJin also unexpectedly joined in as well and the three of them hugged together for a moment. When they pulled away, all three of them were wiping their tears. Haha and Seokjin left together, knowing that next week they won’t be able to see their Kwangsoo again breaks their hearts every single time. 

 

  Kwangsoo could not stop thinking about Haha and Seokjin when suddenly someone threw their hands around his shoulders and hugged him. Kwangsoo realised immediately that it was Sechan who was hugging him and saw Somin behind Sechan avoiding eye contact. “Kwangsoo ya, your shoot just ended and I miss you so much already.” Sechan said while sobbing and hugging him. To Sechan, Kwangsoo was like another big brother to him. He could be vulnerable around Kwangsoo and their late night talks after filming Running Man never fails to make him feel comforted. Kwangsoo leaving the show had such a huge impact on him that he never even realised. Kwangsoo ruffled Sechan’s hair and said, “You know we can still call each other every Monday right? I love having late night talks with you, so we should not stop that even though I’m leaving.” Kwangsoo’s words comforted Sechan so much and Sechan made him promise that they would call every Monday night. Kwangsoo saw how much Sechan loved him and he never thought that Running Man would also give him a younger brother he could dote on.

 

  As Kwangsoo was in the hallway, walking towards the changing room to change out of his prison uniform and do his final interview, Somin grabbed his hand to stop him. Kwangsoo and Somin looked at each other for a while before Somin mustered up the courage and stuttered, “I… um… Thank you Kwangsoo. Thank you for taking care of me and the others. Thank you for the memor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter