First Meeting (Pt 1)

Hi, I’m Your Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh, good luck on your schedule today, and don’t forget to be kind especially to him, saranghae my only daughter,” her mom said on the phone, genuinely.

 

In a sighing ‘of course I will’ tone, she instantly replies, “de eomma. Nadeo. I’ll hang up already.”

 

Yeobeen’s mom has been so excited with Vincenzo, she has been telling her that she’s so happy that after all her daughter’s years of working hard for her dreams, she’s now finally having the break she deserves, and as a daughter, she couldn’t be happier than seeing her mom so happy for her. Given that said, her mom knows all the progress the show has, especially on the casting news. She was irking the past weeks because she’s really curious about who Vincenzo was going to be—as Yeobeen can’t tell her anything about the show as she respects the privacy of the process of casting—not until two weeks ago, the casting news was all over the news.

 

Ever since the casting news went out, her mom was so vocal that the casts were perfectly chosen. Most especially with Song Joong Ki who is Vincenzo. She would always tell Yeobeen that if ever they’ll already meet and work together, she should not forget to be kind and be empathetic to everyone in the set especially him as she would tell her daughter the things she has read about him on the news.

 

There was one instance when she visited her hometown for a day last week, her mom wouldn’t stop talking about Joong Ki and the things she has read about him.

 

“Yeobeen~ah, you actually don’t have to worry about if you can get along with him  in the drama, based from all the forums and all the news I’ve read about him, he’s actually very nice.” Yeobeen could only nod in response because she has never seen her mom so invested with her work unlike today. 

 

She felt like her mom feels iffy during that time so Yeobeen, who was diligently washing the dishes, as the words of her mom resonated in her mind, finally confronted her about it, “eomma, you should stop digging news about him already, I know you’re quite worried about me being his partner in this drama because first, he’s a star with a big fan base, and second, he was married with his previous leading lady with also a big fan base and you’re worried that I might be sandwich with such mishaps—“

 

“Who said I was worried about you?” Her mom stopped her from talking. “Well, I probably was at first. But I gradually shrugged the worries off as I realized what kind of heart and mind you have, which I thought for sure, you can get through it,” her mom continued. 

 

“Then why were or are you still digging infos about him?” Yeo been asked as she moved to the center island where her mom was chopping vegetables, looking at her with a child’s curious eyes.

 

“That kid, when I first saw him in his recent interviews, there was something about his eyes that I couldn’t pin point what is it. Sometimes it glistening like that of a child who was given a candy, sometimes it’s sad, sometimes it’s tender. Aigoo! Watching him feels like watching my abandoned son being taken care of a rich chaebol family,” her mom replied laughing and continued, “I just hope he finds happiness in the present.”

 

Yeobeen who was now sitting on the high chair of the island countertop, feeling iffy, and dazed by what her mom suddenly said could only reply, “eomma...”

 

The doorbe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter