final.

eyes on me

 

The horn blared on the court, signalling that the time finally ran out and it’s the end of the game practice for that day. With that, the players currently present in the court stopped running around and jogged towards the bleachers, all heaving, panting, and sweating from all the chasing and running around.

 

One particular tall player sluggishly dragged her exhausted body towards the seat, slumping her whole body there and grabbed the collar of her drenched jersey shirt then used it to wipe the sweat dripping off her chin. The said woman grabbed her own bottle of blue popular energy drink and downed it until the bottle was clean and empty. Gulping down the remaining liquid in , she felt another player sat beside her.

 

“You good, Yujin?” Yena asked, her chest still heaving from all of the running and defending she did in the last quarter, an uncapped bottle of cold water in her hand. She might be pertaining to what happened earlier.

 

Yujin nodded, taking off the towel from her duffle bag and used it to wipe her face and neck glistening from sweat and let it drape on her head after she got satisfied cleaning herself. “Yeah, it was just a light push and purely accidental. Anyway, the practice was really on fire today. It was fun.” She replied with a lazy smile playing on her lips, eyeing their other teammates walking over to the court to clean after getting themselves dehydrated.

 

Yena didn’t respond for a while, eyeing something from the distance while repeatedly swiping her thumb over the plastic rim of her bottled water before inhaling, tilting her head a bit in slight amusement then turned to look at Yujin who’s taking off her shoes already. “She’s here again,” She announced, like she had been announcing it naturally already.

 

Yujin never spared her a glance, focusing on wearing her comfy sneakers. “Who?” She asked, genuinely curious.

 

“You know,” Yena pointed out, puckering her lips towards a certain direction. “Her.” She added, and that’s enough for the taller one to know who her friend was pertaining to and finally, tilted her chin up to spot the ‘her’.

 

Sitting at her usual seat, an open book resting on her lap, and her glasses hanging on her perfectly pointed nose. Ah, her hair is up in a neat bun today with her side bangs hanging like curtains, and wearing a very comfortable beige shirt and jeans and white converse. And as usual, her head is hanging down low a bit, focused on the book.

 

A small smile found its way on Yujin’s lips but the latter immediately caught herself and pursed her lips together into a tight line instead to suppress the smile threatening to show. She couldn’t afford another teasing today, she got enough of it.

 

“Well, it seems like she’s here again,” Yujin said, as a matter of factly, and stood up, stomping her right foot a bit because the shoe was uncomfortably fit. “She’s here, like… every single day.” She gave out an addition, then turned around to take off her jersey. Well, it’s alright since she’s wearing a black shirt underneath — all drenched.

 

Yena also stood up, walking closer to her, and kept wiggling her finger to her, nibbling on her lower lip while squinting her eyes. “And you all think it’s normal.” She said in a rather lower voice, afraid of getting eavesdropped at. And then she continued rambling, “Yujin, that cute girl is pretty much here — at our every practice. Do you guys not find it suspicious? I mean, not that suspicious but you know… never crossed y’alls minds that she’s here for some reason?”

 

The taller heaved a sigh, shaking her head a bit, continuing to fix her things — shoving her jersey in her bag. “And that ‘some reason’ is to study. Look at the obvious, genius.” She responded, glancing at her older friend, and then gave a wave towards their teammates who bid goodbye to them.

 

“Then why the gym? Not in the library? Where the students usually go and study. It’s peaceful there. Gym isn’t really a very… ideal study place, y’know?” Yena insisted, even raising her brow, then crossed her arm, thinking deeply.

 

Yujin rolled her eyes, not really wanting to talk to her friend about this absolute crap. Yena tends to overthink much, and stick her nose to other people’s business. “Every person has their own preferences. Gym isn’t that usually crowded in practice too, anyway. We’re not really barbaric and loud.” She offered an answer, slinging her bag to her shoulders and watched Yena fix her own things, taking a glance behind her through her shoulder — she spotted the girl they are currently talking about, still there and peacefully reading and flipping some pages of her thick book.

 

“Or maybe! She’s here to watch the practice, to watch someone.” The older one didn’t back out and just kept throwing some random conclusion, her face brightened as she said that to Yujin, who’s unamused, shrugging it off.

 

But — if it’s true then, it’s not Yujin’s business anymore. Let’s just ignore the part where her heart stung a bit and there was this… unpleasant feeling creeping up into her chest when Yena said that.

 

“Yeah, right,” The tall player said, almost lifeless and uninterested, then let out a sigh. “If it is, then so be it? Let her be. She ain’t bothering anyone, anyway.” She added with a nonchalant shrug, another glance was then thrown in the lady’s direction and Yujin’s face fell a bit when she saw that the girl was already tidying up her things, shoving her thick book in her bag in a hurry.

 

Yena’s nudge on her side brought her back to her senses, and when Yujin turned around — the older woman’s mischievous look greeted her, which made her roll her eyes. “Oh? But why do you look so… affected somehow? Do you have a crush on her, Yujin? I mean, I won’t judge! She’s pretty~ And you see her almost everyday! She has been going here since last year, so I understand if you’re interested.” She teased, raising her hands in fake defeat when Yujin gave her a dagger look.

 

“You’re annoying.” was the only thing Yujin said before leaving her friend there, walking to the exit without waiting for her. Yena yelped, and gathered her things, bidding goodbye to their teammates before jogging to catch up with the taller woman.

 

“Yujin, wait up! Look, I have a secret to tell,” Yena shouted, her voice trailing off when she managed to match Yujin’s steps, looking at the latter with a slightly serious expression. “You know, I’ve been observing ‘Miss Pretty Lady’ for the past few months because duh, it’s not really common for people to stick around our practices, they’re not consistent unlike that lady so she caught my attention — in not that way, of course, geez!” The older woman had to clarify herself after saying all of that because Yujin turned to her, glaring at her like she stole something from her. Rolling her eyes, Yena continued her passionate rambles. “And I noticed that — she’s not entirely studying, her eyes are not always on the book you know! It still lingers around the court for a while.”

 

Yujin gave her an unimpressed look. “She’s in the gym and we’re practicing basketball, of course — sometimes, her attention turns to us, even just briefly.” She responded, shaking her head, and they sat under the shed — their talk continued as they waited for the bus to come.

 

Yena let out a frustrated groan, lightly tapping her foot on the ground. “Just let me finish, you giant!” She complained and Yujin rolled her eyes once again, doing a gesture of zipping . “Thank you.” Then Yena continued. “So yeah, her gaze doesn’t just linger around the court to watch us, her eyes linger to focus on this certain player.” She finally dropped the bomb and witnessed how Yujin’s face slightly scrunched up. A small smirk made its way to Yena’s lips.

 

“Is it really? Well, alright. Not like it’s much of a big deal.” Yujin whispered, her broad shoulders slumping in defeat. Yena puckered her lips, humming as she observed Yujin — the latter is definitely in a sour mood now.

 

“It is! Because for sure, she has a crush on this player!” Yena beamed, clasping her hands together and let out a dreamy sigh.

 

Yujin snorted, shaking her head. “Well, that’s good then. It’s normal but I admire her consistency of dropping by the gym just to watch the practice, to watch this… player that she has a crush on. If it’s true, then it’s not our business. Stop being too nosy, Yena.” She said, leaning to the backrest of the seat and rested her head on the bulletin board behind her.

 

“I know when to stick my nose to someone else’s business, Yujin,” Yena murmured, earning a light snicker from the taller woman but she just ignored it. “And this one. It’s worth the shot! Because you’re the player she has been staring at from the bleachers when we’re practicing.”

 

Yujin didn’t manage to process what Yena had said for a few moments and when it did, her eyes shot open and she almost broke her neck because of how fast she twisted her neck just to meet her friend’s playful yet serious eyes. “What?” She asked, full of disbelief and almost breathless, then laughed humorlessly while shaking her head. “Why me?”

 

Shrugging, Yena opened a piece of bubblegum and put it into . “Why you? Well, that’s what we’re going to find out.” She said, and Yujin’s eyes narrowed at her. “And because of this, starting tomorrow — I’ll conduct an intensive investigation about that studious pretty lady who never fails to drop by the gym.” She firmly said, more like to herself and started to chew on her gum.

 

“You’re insane. Just what are you doing? Investigation, what? You’re being such a creepy woman, Yena.” Yujin was, of course, very wary of the idea. And Yena already knew it would happen but she’s into it anyway and no one could stop her from trying to find out a few teas.

 

Yena blew a bubble, and after it popped — she faced Yujin again. “I have a good feeling about this, about the lady, Yujin. She might be the one for you!” She exclaimed, then kept making some weird gestures. “And you should be thankful that you have someone like me, willing to do anything to help you finally get a girlfriend.” She added, and Yujin just kept shaking her head, finding the idea too absurd.

 

“Just let the girl be, Yena. Don’t do anything weird.” Yujin muttered, taking out her earphones from her bag, and finally saw the headlights coming from the approaching bus.

 

They both stood up, walking over near the gutter. Yena whined. “I won’t do anything weird! I’ll just try to… scoop some facts about the girl. You know, her name — her major, some stuff like that!” She said, but Yujin ignored her, putting a bud in her ear.

 

“Still weird, Yena. Let her be.” Yujin said, and chewed on her lower lip. She liked the idea of knowing the girl’s name but she respects her too even though Yujin barely knows her. She’ll rather know everything from the woman herself.

 

“Whatever,” Yena exclaimed with a roll of her eyes, waiting for the other passengers to exit the bus and they finally entered after a few seconds of waiting and sat beside each other. “I’ll still try to know. For you, my buddy.” She whispered, throwing a wink and Yujin just glared at her before inserting the other bud in her ear — completely ignoring Yena throughout the ride, eyes on the view outside, and her mind full of the mysterious lady.

 

 

Tomorrow came, and classes for that day finally ended. Yujin reached the court, and tried not to beam when she saw that the lady was on her usual spot on the bleachers already, book in hand, calm and quiet as usual — she has her long silky raven hair down today.

 

She was wearing her shoes when Yena slid beside her, leaning in closer like she was going to whisper some secrets to her. “I found something.” She said with a cheeky grin, and Yujin’s brows furrowed, and frowning. “I asked Hyunjin, you know, the guy one from the men’s basketball team — if a certain girl stays and watches their practices when it’s their turn to use the gym. He said, no, no one really stays — much more a girl.”

 

Yujin just stared at Yena, eyes unamused and droopy. Yena looked at her with full of expectation, like she was waiting for Yujin to say something interesting when the latter was actually lost and finally, after a few moments — Yena let out a groan before continuing, “Which means, she just really watches our practice! She only goes here when we’re using the gym!”

 

“Ah, okay,” Yujin answered with full disinterest, and continued wearing her shoes but deep inside, her heart was swelling in pride and happiness to know that the lady doesn’t even go to the men’s basketball team’s practices. And Yena was not satisfied at her lack of enthusiasm towards this matter, and sulked beside her.

 

Once their practice game ended, Yena immediately ran to her when she reached the bleachers — drinking her own water while wiping her neck. “Yujin, I caught her, I freaking caught her,” Yena happily started off, still trying to catch her breath but continued after a few deep breaths. “I caught her staring at you, thrice, Yujin! And she smiled, she freaking smiled when you managed to shoot a three.” She relayed, excited, and proud of herself.

 

Yujin went home trying to hide her grin from Yena.

 

 

Two days passed by, and Yujin was itching to practice, not because she wanted to play but she wanted to show off, knowing that the lady usually stares at her when they play. And this time, she tried to spot if the lady was indeed giving her looks but much to her dismay, she didn’t even catch her tearing her gaze away from her book.

 

So, when the game ended, Yujin kept throwing death glares at Yena. “She’s not staring at me. She never once took her eyes away from her book to look at me.” She said firmly, jaw slack, and obviously upset. The older woman yelped, hugging herself as she distanced herself from Yujin who looked like a volcano ready to erupt.

 

“Well, jokes on you, Ahn — I caught her looking, once.” Yena announced and Yujin hissed at her as she tidied her things up.

 

“You’re lying.” Yujin huffed, and sat on the seat, almost ripping the shoes off of her foot. Yena just silently sat beside her, looking genuine.

 

“Am not,” The older woman defended, even raising her hand. “I swear. I saw! She probably noticed that you kept throwing glances in her direction.” She harshly whispered to the younger woman, but Yujin just stared at her for a few seconds then continued to ignore her wholeheartedly.

 

“What’s going on?” Eunbi asked, their team manager slash coach, when she noticed that her two players were looking gloomy. Yena flashed their coach a reassuring smile, shaking her head.

 

“Nothing, Miss Kwon! Just teasing our Yujin here~” The woman said, laughing as she draped her arm around the grumpy Yujin. The latter just grumbled something under her breath and thankfully, Eunbi bought it and nodded, telling them that they should go home safely.

 

Yena continued quaking after that, but went silent when she noticed something so out of curiosity, Yujin looked at the direction she was looking at and saw that the pretty lady was being fetched by another cute woman. They looked like friends, not more than that (Yujin was quite relieved).

 

“Oh my god, I know that woman. It’s Chaewon, my classmate in Calculus and we have class together tomorrow.” Yena gasped in recognition, and the both of them gawked at the two girls until they disappeared in their sights. “They know each other…”

 

An idea popped out in Yena’s mind. Delightful.

 

 

They got another practice the next day, so when it came — Yujin was slightly hopeful that she’ll catch this pretty nameless lady staring at her to prove something. Maybe, it’s the sign she’s been trying to catch. But then, when she was dribbling, and warming up with the others (while waiting for the said girl to appear and sit on her usual spot) — Yena appeared, walking towards her like a human bulldozer, smirk etched on her lips, and Yujin knew that the older woman got something in store.

 

“Kim Minjoo,” Yena said, voice low but full of confidence. “Kim Minjoo is her name.”

 

Yujin blinked, losing her hold on the ball, and stopped dribbling, seemingly lost in her thoughts. “Kim Minjoo,” She whispered, somehow, it was pleasant to say that beautiful name — like the owner of that damn name. “Kim Minjoo.” She repeated, loving how that godly name rolls off her tongue. Her tone held adoration in it as she muttered that name again.

 

“And she’s, not surprisingly, majoring in Literature.” Yena added another fact, wiggling her brows in a suggestive, teasing manner. “Kinda explains why she’s always reading books, or she just loves reading books in general.”

 

Maybe, those small facts weren’t so bad at all. Yujin is never a patient person anyway. And Yena is doing a great job scooping some details. It’s creepy but Yujin likes to know more, she knows it’s slightly bad and it feels like they’re invading her privacy or something but little facts won’t hurt — and until Yujin finally gets the courage to ask her out, then all this cute information that Yena tells her will suffice.

 

Yujin tried her best not to always glance at Minjoo’s direction throughout the play. And once it was done, Yena scurried to her, sharing how she spotted Minjoo glancing at her, wearing an impressed look when she managed to steal the ball from another player and did a smooth lay up.

 

Yujin wondered when will she able to meet Minjoo’s eyes from the court.

 

Hopefully, when that day comes — Yujin won’t make an absolute fool of herself.

 

 

It went like that for a few weeks, and finally, after a long painful time — Yujin managed to meet gazes with Minjoo at this one certain practice. It was just random, and Yujin never really expected it.

 

She scored a three before the buzzer could even blare, and she was ecstatic, and like an instinct already — she looked at the bleachers, her eyes already finding a certain woman, and boom, her chocolate orbs met with a pair of warm honey. It was just brief but it made a huge impact on Yujin, she even froze for a bit and only got into her senses when Minjoo looked away, flustered, and when Chaeyeon had nudged her, asking if she was okay.

 

Yujin was even more pumped up that day, stealing glances at Minjoo whenever she scores but much to her disappointment, the woman just stared at her book throughout after that but the light pink blush on her cheeks never did fade.

 

She considered throwing a party, just because what? She and her crush made a brief eye-contact. She was just very happy that day that she couldn’t stop smiling even in the middle of the court, biting her lower lip to hold it in.

 

Damn, Yujin really got it bad already.

 

That night, Yujin dreamt of foxy eyes with the warmest honey orbs — staring at her until she melts, until she turns into a huge puddle.

 

 

But it all went downhill the next day.

 

The gym was more crowded that day, full of girls and some boys. It’s a playful game, not just a simple practice so there were some people watching. And of course, Yujin played nicely and scored a whooping thirty-two points alone throughout, she’s the star player for a reason.

 

And she was smug, knowing that Minjoo was watching the game. Hopefully, it impressed her enough because she really went all in just so she could show her crush a great game.

 

She was walking towards their seat, ready to tidy their things up, and go home but someone was waiting there, not a player but sure, it was someone familiar. And much to Yujin’s surprise when the said person handed her a new bottle of energy drink, but the latter shrugged it off — thanking the woman for the treat, and thought it was just a mere friendly gesture but when she just finished drinking — the girl said something that made her almost spit out the drink in .

 

“Yujin, I really like you,” The girl — Yuna is her name and Yujin is actually classmates with her, and kind of friends with her — confessed, blushing madly but confident and bold enough.

 

The court started to go wild. It’s not really common for people to go to the players and boldly confess their admiration for them — so when someone bold enough does, it’ll be a huge issue and deal. The people inside the gym were howling and cheering, grinning happily as they watched the cute scene unfold before them. Yuna is confident enough.

 

“I want to date you. Let’s go out, please?” Yuna added, there was a slight pleading tone in her voice and Yujin almost felt bad, her eyes frantically looking for a certain someone and she deflated once she saw that Minjoo already went out of the gym.

 

Well, Yujin didn’t beat around the bush. She’s uninterested, and she already has her eyes set for someone. “Sorry, I can’t.” She whispered, and Yuna just gave her a tight smile, she looked hurt and Yujin was slightly guilty of that but she would rather end things quickly and straightforwardly instead of sugarcoating her words that might lead them on.

 

The gym was gloomy after that, and Yuna and her friends disappeared after the girl said that it was alright, and asked if they could stay as friends. She got bombarded by other teammates, saying that she just wasted a golden chance since Yuna is pretty and kind — but too bad, Yujin is already into someone.

 

She didn’t think of the confession that much since she was too sad over the fact that Minjoo already disappeared — she actually wanted for her to witness her rejecting someone but sadly and oddly enough, Minjoo left the gym the moment the game ended.

 

 

Minjoo never came to the gym the next week when they continued with their practices.

 

And that was the first.

 

So, Yujin was deadly worried, overthinking, and distracted throughout the practice to the point their coach had to call her over and asked her to take a break because obviously enough — Yujin kept zoning out, and the ball almost hit her face when Hyunjin passed it to her. The ball also kept getting stolen from her because she was distracted, and in a deep thought. Eunbi knew there was something wrong.

 

“Are you good, Ahn? You’re not in a good condition, you… you’re distracted.” Eunbi asked as soon as she sat beside the quiet Yujin — the latter was a little bit upset at her situation right now, she couldn’t play well because Minjoo was not around. “What’s on your mind?”

 

The player just huffed, shaking her head, and pulled her bottom lip with her teeth, hands fidgeting nervously on her lap, fiddling with her towel. “I’m good, just a little bit… yeah, sorry, Coach. I’m slacking off today.” She muttered, hanging her head down low, embarrassed enough because this was the first time she was too sluggish. Yujin never gets sluggish when it comes to basketball, not even in mere practices. She’s always giving off her best and enthusiastic. But today, her mind is just in the gutter.

 

Eunbi pursed her lips, shaking her head gently then reached out to pat the younger woman on the shoulders. “No, it’s alright. It’d be like that sometimes, I understand. Take a rest, and go home early.” She softly said, standing up, and entered the court again, blowing the whistle.

 

From the court, Yena eyed her in worry — and she knew exactly why she’s acting like that.

 

 

The next practice happened and then third, and Minjoo was not there again. It got really Yujin worried that she went to Yena, and asked her if she could ask her classmate, Chaewon — who’s a friend of Minjoo, if the latter is okay. Yena did, she couldn’t say to Yujin’s desperate plea.

 

“Chaewon said she’s all good,” Yena greeted her with that as soon as she entered the court. Yujin dropped her duffle bag onto the seat, and herself beside the older woman. “Well, she did mention that she noticed something off with her these past few weeks, saying that Minjoo is much gloomier.” She added, opening a piece of gum, and ate it, chewing it noisily. “Damn, you need to pay me for this. Chaewon got weirded out because I kept asking about Minjoo. She thought I had a crush on her, my god. I had to frantically explain that it’s not because of that, but because I noticed that she was not going to the gym anymore as she used to.”

 

Yujin hummed, scratching her chin, and got pulled into an endless abyss of thoughts again. Yena let her, chewing on her bubblegum as she roamed her eyes on the court.

 

In the middle of the practice, Yujin noticed something on the entrance of the gym — a figure peeking, and of course, curious cat Yujin is — she stared at the figure curiously while still guarding Soeun. But then, when the head peeked from the door, Yujin’s eyes widened as familiarity struck her. The face that she had been missing for weeks, she finally got to see a glimpse of it again.

 

Her body relaxed, and became lost almost immediately, not caring about guarding Soeun anymore, and the latter got the ball from her other teammate and easily ran past the dazed Yujin — a little bit confused because the woman did not even chase for her or anything, just remaining standing at her spot, the corner of her lips tugging upwards to form a smile.

 

But when Minjoo moved her eyes to check out the court, their eyes met, and instantly, the woman’s eyes widened, immediately disappearing but Yujin ran after her, ignoring the calls of her teammates and coach, just running to chase Minjoo. She’ll deal with the scolds later after running off like that so suddenly in the middle of the practice.

 

Minjoo noticed that Yujin was chasing her, ascending her speed even more but the taller one was faster, perks of being an athlete so she managed to lessen their gap, and when she was close enough — she grabbed Minjoo’s wrist, stopping her from running. “W-Wait, wait, hold on.” Yujin panted as they came into a halt, intensely eyeing Minjoo who’s chest is heaving and catching her breath.

 

Well, okay, Yujin was taken aback because Minjoo looked absolutely much more beautiful up close. The hold on the shorter woman’s wrist loosened a bit but Yujin didn’t let it go, gripping it gently. She was in daze for a few moments, and only snapped back in reality when Minjoo gave her a dagger look, and a little hiss.

 

“What are you doing? What do you want?” Minjoo asked, and it’s more like a bite, to be honest. Harsh, and annoyed, but raspy and helpless. Yujin in a breath, pursing her lips together for a bit before answering.

 

She took a step forward first before opening to speak. “I,” Yujin murmured, unsure of what to say but Minjoo’s impatient look got her biting her lower lip, frantically thinking of the right words to say. “W-Well, you, uhh…” She paused, and inhaled through her nose. Minjoo waited silently while staring at her. “You didn’t go to the gym, you… I never saw you again there when in fact, you always go there almost everyday.” She whispered, shy, and her lower lip.

 

Minjoo was frozen for a solid second, then averted her gaze away, a blush creeping up to her cheeks. “You… noticed my disappearance?” She asked, low and almost inaudible but Yujin still caught it, nodding her head furiously.

 

“Well, yeah, I mean — I’ve always noticed that you were in the gym, almost always. When we’re present. Of course, I’d notice your sudden disappearance.” The player responded, and finally noticed that she was still holding Minjoo’s wrist and yelped, letting it go almost unhappily like she got burned. “Uhm, sorry.” She apologized.

 

Minjoo gulped, biting her bottom lip, pushing her glasses that were almost falling off her nose. “Why do you care?” She questioned, and a lot harsher than before that made Yujin flinch, blushing furiously as she fumbled on her words.

 

“T-That’s because, I, well… Uhm, yeah…” Yujin stammered, her heart hammering in nervousness, reaching for her brow to scratch it then started to awkwardly fidget at her spot. Minjoo’s gaze burns, and she loves it, somehow.

 

Another sharp intake of air, and soon — courage took her system, eyes hardening with flames in it. “I’m sort of,” She halted, biting her inner cheek before finally saying it outloud, hoping she used the right term. “I guess I’m interested in you.” She added, and it kinda caught her off guard because of how blunt that was — she turned into tomato.

 

Minjoo, soon, became equally red — shock was evident on her godly face. “...What?” She whispered, breathless, and disbelief laced around her tone with slight confusion. “Interested?” She repeated.

 

Yujin nodded like a child, giving out a nervous smile. “Yes.” She confirmed, and Minjoo was silent, observing her. The player started to sweat, and got even more nervous as she saw how Minjoo’s eyes screamed unsure.

 

After a whole minute of silence, Minjoo finally responded, “Aren’t you dating Yuna?” She asked. Yujin’s eyes widened, shaking her head.

 

“No? I’m not. Why did you think so?” The player asked back, and slightly taken aback at the question. Minjoo blinked, nervously her lower lip again, and for a moment, Yujin’s gaze lingered on the older woman’s lips.

 

“Didn’t she ask you out…?” Minjoo’s voice was hoarse and low.

 

Yujin could feel a smirk creeping up to her lips, shaking her head again and much slower this time, eyes never leaving Minjoo. “She did,” She responded, and took a step forward again, chuckling when Minjoo flinched, almost taking a step backward. “And I rejected her because I don’t like her, and I like someone else.” She added, her tone was slightly confident and teasing, she made sure to give Minjoo a pointed look when she said the last part.

 

Minjoo pursed her lips, nodding in understanding but the taller woman noticed that her breath hitched. “I see,” She whispered, and then turned to look at Yujin. And oh, Yujin could see the galaxies in Minjoo’s eyes.

 

The grin on Yujin’s face just widened, and brightened. “Well, I just hope that it’s not the reason why you suddenly stopped coming.” She half-joked, and when Minjoo looked away then her cheeks went red, her face dropped. “No ,” She exclaimed, and noticed that the older woman just became redder.

 

Yujin bit down her lower lip, trying to suppress the grin, and her hands were shaking in happiness, and her heart just kept drumming, and flipping. It looks like she has a chance, after all. Maybe, Yena was right. “I’m Yujin.” She then said, stretching her hand towards Minjoo.

 

The shorter woman looked surprised, and looked up to her, brows furrowed. “I know…” She murmured, and Yujin laughed briefly, but Minjoo reached for her awaiting hand anyway, and held it gently but tightly. “I’m Minjoo.”

 

“I know,” Yujin whispered to herself, lost at the feeling of Minjoo’s hand on hers, and Minjoo tilted her head, confused but surely enough, she didn’t hear it clearly and it’s better that way.

 

Minjoo cutely blinked. “What?”

 

Yujin turned to her, shaking her head in panic then flashed a smile. “Nothing.” She responded almost instantly, and chuckled nervously before clearing , her hand still caressing Minjoo’s.

 

“So, are you free this weekend?”

 

 

share your thoughts? :]