final

Stay with me

Joohyun, with her eyes full of tears, she looks up to the sky and let herself feel the comfort it can offer her. Today was supposed to be good day, a very exciting day. 

She wakes up, welcome by her beloved staring at her with those loving eyes, cuddling with her and give her warm.


Breakfast was served in gleeful manner, a little banter and exchange of kisses here and there.


Both of them happily bids their goodbye's and series of I love you 's as they separate to go to work.


Joohyun goes to work happily as she plans her big surprise to her wife at the end of the day.

 

Joohyun feels the calmness of that fateful day as she buys her wife's favorite flower and a gift to welcome her to a life that awaits them.


But there's one thing that Joohyun didn't expect, that the calmness that surround her the entire day is like a preparation of the storm that is coming in.

 

 

 

 

 

Joohyun smile widely as she steps foot in their house, flowers in her right hand and her little gift in her left that's inside her pocket.

Though, her smile suddenly vanished as she scans the room in front of her.


"What are you doing Seungwan? ", 

"I'm leaving", her lover respond, eyes never meeting hers but the cracks on her voice, give away that she cried. 

"What? Why!", she confusely ask, her flowers long forgotten as she walks closer to Seungwan, only to be stop by her. 

A minute of silence. 


"It's your punishment hyun, for making me love you and not loving me back ", she said with a smile that never reach her eyes

"What?", confused Joohyun ask. She tried walking toward Seungwan once more, but the latter steps her feet backwards as well, halting Joohyun to her steps. 

"I'm breaking up with you", 

"What the Hell Seungwan? This is not a good joke!", this time, Joohyun's eyes started to water as she can feel the seriousness of her lover. 

Seungwan shakes her head, allowing her tears to fall. 

"I already know everything hyun, that the reason why you married me is because your mom like me and the rest of your family adores me that's why you try pleasing them with you being in a relationship with me-"

"Seungwan",

-That's why I'm breaking up with you hyun, i really love you but if staying with you is you losing your own happiness then i won't. If staying with you means i can still kiss you, hugs you cuddle with you and feel like I'm always protected but makes you feel lonely anymore then I'm letting you go. You deserve more than this hyun. Your lovely and beautiful inside out. I already use my chance of making you love me, i was given three years but I failed so this time I'm giving you chance to be happy with the person of your choice."

 

And with a broken smile she walks to Joohyun and press a kiss on her forehead.


" I'm sorry, I love you". 


"Wannie"

"I love you Joohyun, goodbye".

 

 

 

 

 

Everything happen way too fast, she wants to follow Seungwan the moment she gets out of that door but her body..... it seems like it freeze, remembering how her day starts and how the hell it end like this?


"Unnie stop crying now", Yeri, her sister, run quickly to their house as soon as she hear everything from Joohyun when she call.


"Yeri what should I do, Seungwan, Seungwan left me. Yeri what did I do? She said I didn't love her back? When did I stop loving her? Did I tell her that? No it's impossible, I love her, I love her Yeri! ", desperate looking for an answer, she cried to her sister, Joohyun feel hopeless. Is this how it ends? The thing that she's always afraid to happen is happening now.


"Unnie do you love Seungwan unnie?", Joohyun nods, eyes full of tears. "Then you should crying now and let's stop wasting time, we should go after to the person who can makes you happy", Yeri said with a meaningful smile. 

 

And then it hits her, " I'm giving you a chance to be happy with the person of your choice". Joohyun nods, looking at Yeri, "Seungwan she makes me happy! Lets go look for her", she run quickly from their balcony and drag Yeri with her, despite her tears, a smile of hope appears on her lips. 'Seungwan wait for me'. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Looking for Seungwan was never easy, Joohyun is about to lose hope when they accidentally met Seulgi, Seungwan's stepsister.

 

 

 

 

 

"What's her flight again, Yeri?", they both immediately scans the airport, hoping to spot the person they were looking for.

 

"Its WENRENE ANG-",

 


'Ladies and gentlemen, welcome onboard Flight WENRENE ANGSTO615 with service from ******* to ******. We are about to take-off and are expected to be in the air in approximately 2 minutes time. We ask that you please fasten your seatbelts at this time and secure all baggage underneath your seat or in the overhead compartments. We also ask that your seats and table trays are in the upright position for take-off. Please turn off all personal electronic devices, including laptops and cell phones. Smoking is prohibited for the duration of the flight. Thank you for choosing ********* Airlines. Enjoy your flight'

 


"She's gone Yeri". 

 

 

 

​​​​​​


"Unnie stop crying now, it won't help to your condition now, remember what will Seungwan unnie's reactions be if she found out about your condition", Yeri hugs Joohyun tight to make her sister feel that she's not alone. "Let's go home for now."

 

 


The way home was sickeningly quiet. Joohyun stop crying now but the sadness in her face is still clearly evident.


Yeri holds her sister's hand to comfort her, "It's okay unnie, I'll make sure to punch Seungwan unnie's face the moment we found her". She takes a side glance to her sister side to see for her reaction but see none. 'She probably didn't hear me, thank goodness'.

 

 

 

 

 

"I want to be alone for now", she said as soon as they arrive. Yeri was hesitant but the looks on her unnie's face....

 

"Give me a call anytime unnie okay? Take care of yourself".

 


She's tired, all she wants to do is to be with Seungwan. She enters her house, tears started to fall. She scan the room one last time, when the bedroom door opens.

 

"S-seungwan!", 

 

 

"Hyun"

 


Joohyun don't care, if she's hallucinating or if she's real, she run quickly to her and hugs her tight.

 

"You're here?!", she scans the person in front of her. She touches her face, her arms. SHE CAN FEEL HER?!! "Seungwan you're here!!!", she hugs her again, this time, Seungwan hugs her back with the same tightness and tears with their eyes.

 

"I'm sorry Hyun, I said I'll let you go for you to be happy but  I can't", Seungwan with her broken voice ", So can you please give me one more chance?",

 


Joohyun breaks them apart, but only with a small distance.


"Seungwan, when you said I don't love you back, what does it mean?", she ask because no matter how she crack her mind, she can't think of a reason why would her Seungwan assume that. They are already married for three years, bestfriend for almost twenty-five years, they may not be lovers but they know they are in love with each other.

 

 

"I - I ask your mom why did they end up arranging our marriage, just for curiosity , and she said, she likes me for you and she told me that you really declined it at first but because you love them, you agreed", she confess

 


"And? I'm sure my mom said something else afterwards?", she ask. Because yes she declined it not because she doesn't love Seungwan, but because she doesn't want to lose Seungwan, her mom knows that because she's way too afraid that if she decide to take their bestfriend relationship to something higher than that, she will lose Seungwan, just like how her parents lose each other, from bestfriend to lovers, to stranger. She can't take that, no she won't. But then thinking that there's someone out there that can make her Seungwan happy and its not her, hurts her heart so bad, so she accepts promising to love her unconditionally, so they would never be apart.

 


"Yes but I didn't really hear them, I get scared, lots of what ifs, what if it's true? You didn't love me back, I-",

 

" Seungwan listen to me, I love you, I'm inlove you. But you know what happens to my parents remember? I'm not as strong as my mom, I can't lose you, I'm always afraid that what if you realize, I'm not the oe for you, and things would become awkward and you will leave me too like my mama."

 


"Oh God I'm sorry Hyun, Im so sorry, I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry. I love you, I won't leave you, i promise", she kisses her forehead, her nose before she finally captured her lips with full of sorry and love within that kiss.

 

"Stay with me?", Joohyun ask with her pleading voice. "Stay with us, please".

 

"I'm staying for you", she said before kissing her again. "And I'm sorry for being an idiot and for making you cry".

 

"Say sorry to her too!",

 

"To who?", she ask confusely

 

Joohyun holds both of her hands and bring it to her tummy "She cried too for almost losing you, when we follow you to the airport".

 


"Oh my God, Hyun!!! We're having a baby?", Joohyun smile widely seeing her lovers reaction.

 

"I was expecting that reaction from you earlier. I bought you flowers and a gift but I forgot where I put them", she pouts, only to be carry by Seungwan and pepper her with kisses.

 

"I love you Hyun, my love, my baby".

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"And I'm sorry, I almost left the country but the name of the flight annoys me, so I get down and goes back here."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Good for you then! Though you shouldn't met with Yeri because she said she will punch you in your face." 

 

 

 

 

"I won't allow her to be our baby's godmother then", they smile to each other, promising a life for forever.