our differences

Love Me Again Tomorrow

"I can barely make ends meet." Jongin looks in his cupboard to find the last cup of ramen.

He really needs to stock up on... well, more ramen.

"I'm not going to Seoul with you." He says firmly, opening the lid of the cup ramen before pouring hot water into it.

Chanyeol whines childishly. "How are you going to survive without me?" His eyes widen as an idea crosses his mind, lips forming a sheepish grin. "Go to school with me. I'll pay for you."

"Brilliant idea, Yeol!" Jongin rolls his eyes, scoffing at the tall man sprawled across his bedroom floor. 

Chanyeol blinks at his friend. 

Jongin waves his hand to signal the guy to scoot over. He pushes aside some newspapers before launching himself on the floor next to where the giant is sitting. "It's fine. I don't like going to school anyway."

The curly-haired male shakes his head in disagreement. "You're the smartest guy I know." 

"I have everything I need right here." Jongin pats at the broken-down laptop beside him. "Besides, I don't want your father to hate me. He already thinks I'm a leech for always hanging around you."

Chanyeol shakes his head, eyes widening in exaggeration. "No, he doesn't!" He snorts.

"You need to stop giving me money, man." 

 


 

Kyungsoo walks over to his table to switch off the alarm on his phone.

"Breakfast?" His mother calls. Of course, she wouldn't even knock. 

"Sure." Kyungsoo nods, locking his phone and placing it in his back pocket. "I'll be right over."

"Is that all you're wearing?" Mrs. Do curls her lip in disbelief as she looks at her son up and down. "It's your first day as president."

"It's a school, not a country."

"I'm just proud of you." She laughs. "Are you meeting Wendy?"

Kyungsoo nods. "I'll bring her home on Friday." He says while he takes the brown leather bag from his closet. 

"We can all have dinner." Mrs.Do beams, putting her hands together.

She loves having Wendy over, especially now that the two are officially dating.

"Sounds good, mom." He smiles slightly as he walks past her. "Hurry up!" He yells, knocking aggressively at the door next to his. 

"I'm almost done, stop yelling!" A blonde male pops out of the bedroom door. He pulls up his sleeves and sighs in exasperation. "Why do you always insist on leaving so early?" Sehun whines while fixing his collar. 

"Why do you insist on sleeping here every damn day?" Kyungsoo deadpans, rolling his eyes at the younger male. 

"My dad brought home a hot date." Sehun follows Kyungsoo downstairs. "My room is right next to his, and the walls are surprisingly thin."

Kyungsoo walks his way to the kitchen and is immediately greeted by the driver. "Morning, Kyungsoo." The male driver greets as he makes his way to the young master. "Need a ride to school?" 

"I'm good." Kyungsoo grabs a few sandwiches on the table before making his way to the front door. "I'm taking dad's car!" He muffles with food in his mouth.

Sehun speedily grabs himself some breakfast. "Wait up!" He yells.
 



Chanyeol had his mouth slightly open in disbelief as he stares up the ceilings of his new school. 

"No ing way!" He screams at the dining hall in which there were two long tables with all the food he can eat laid on top of it. He watches as a servant in a white uniform fills the chafers with glazed donuts and new york-style pizza. "Holy ."

"Awesome, right?" Chanyeol turns to his left, only to find a short, raven-haired male carrying a food tray. "Transfer student?" The pretty boy with the winged eyeliner asks as he offered his hand out in greeting.

"Yeah," Chanyeol nods politely, shaking the hand in return. "I like your style." He comments, complimenting the other guy's getup. He was wearing the same blue blazer that was part of their uniform but with the sleeves cut off and rips visible on each side. Instead of wearing slacks like everyone else, he was wearing tight-fitted jeans that hugged his legs oh so nicely.

Thank God for tight-fitted jeans.

"Thanks!" The boy points to a table. Chanyeol observes the people sitting at the table and recognizes one of them from the bulletin board. "Isn't that guy our school president?" He asks, nodding toward the guy in glasses reading a book.

"The one and only." The boy nods. "I'll leave you to get your food. Feel free to come over when you're done and I'll introduce you." He offers before jogging away to meet his friends. 

Chanyeol blinks. "I didn't even get his name."

"Yeol," A loud whisper calls out. Chanyeol looked around the dining hall.

Weird, he didn't think anyone would know his name. 

Chanyeol eventually finds Jongin hiding behind the wall, hands signaling him to come over.

"Holy ," Chanyeol runs over to the younger male. "What are you doing here?!" He half screams half whispers. Chanyeol nods, gesturing for Jongin to spill it. 

"I still can't." Jongin pulls out the mop that he was hiding from his back. "I got a job." He grins.

Chanyeol finally notices the grey uniform he was wearing and the white nametag. "As the janitor?" He asks, brows scrunched and head slightly dipped to the right.

The younger male laughs at the confused reaction from his best friend. "You were right," He said, punching Chanyeol lightly on the shoulder. "I can't live without you." 

Chanyeol looks at him in disgust. "Liar." 

"Fine." Jongin shrugs his shoulders. "My aunt is the school nurse. She got me the gig even before you decided to transfer. I knew you weren't going to approve of it and that you're going to keep insisting on paying for my ." He explains.

Chanyeol gasps comically, hand against his chest. 

"Just don't tell anyone about my age." Jongin whispers. "I don't think it's legal for me to even work here." 

Chanyeol doesn't say anything for a while. He sighs in exasperation. "Fine, fine." 

"I knew I can count on you!" Jongin exclaims in exaggeration as he jokingly attempts to kiss the taller man on the cheek. 

"You're disgusting." Chanyeol remarks as he places a hand over Jongin's face.

 


 

"Who's the guy?" Kyungsoo asks as he pushes his glasses further up the rim of his nose.

"New kid," Baekhyun replies, sliding his tray down the table. "You should've seen him drooling over me." He smirks.

"Ah, just another toy for your collection." Sehun laughs. 

Joonmyeon, the eldest of the bunch, shakes his head in disappointment. "You guys need to stop messing with newcomers."

Baekhyun chuckles. "The president says it's fine. Right, Soo?"

Kyungsoo ignores the question and instead notices the man who was laughing with Baekhyun's new boy toy. "Is that the new janitor?" 

Baekhyun turns to where Kyungsoo was nodding towards. "Seems like it." He shrugs. "Why?" 

"No reason."

Kyungsoo pretends to be unfazed.