EP 3

LOVE IS THE WAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Kang Seulgi stood at the front of the 329 room door, she know there is no turning back. She know every decision she made will definitely affected her whole life. She know it is not the right decision to involve again with the suicidal young woman she met yesterday but she couldn't forget that expression the patient showed when Kang Seulgi slim body dragged by Wendy out of the room yesterday. That last glance that she know she can't ignore it or maybe pretending to not saw it. Damn her curiosity. 

 

Kang Seulgi was a very curious girl even when she was younger. She couldn't hold her horse when she is curious. She will make sure she got the answer for her curiousity. That expression Bae Irene showed her last night, she know it trigger her curiosity to know what really happened to the young woman. What made her said something that far from her real intention. Kang Seulgi saw it all. She saw it even the patient tried to mask it with her anger. That 'mask' which she know was used to hide her pain, to hide her real feeling. Once again, she blame her curiosity.

 

She finally knock on the door and wait for the patient's permission. Kang Seulgi slide open the door even when she didn't get any permission from the patient. She has waited for almost 5 minutes when she decided to do that. Silently praying that the patient will not yell at her again for entered her room without permission. She closed the door behind her before she carefully walking towards the patient's bed. 

 

Irene is sitting on her bed back facing her. She is staring at the wide window. Again. Kang Seulgi clear before she speaks. Just to announce her presence to the room owner.

 

"He..hey. It's me, Dr. Kang", she stuttered. She uttered it carefully.

 

"How are you today?", she asked once she stand besides Irene's bed. She glances at the untouch food on the table besides Irene bed. 

 

"You are not eating again today". 

 

Seulgi feels like she talking alone when all her questions and her statement didn't reply by the patient. 

 

Kang Seulgi let out a sigh inside her mind. She notice that today sky is so clear and an idea pop up inside her mind.

 

"Wanna go out for a while? I can bring you out. The sky is so clear and it must be so nice to inhale some fresh air outside there", she tried.

 

Kang Seulgi notice how Irene's body slightly react when she offered to bring her outside. She take it as a good sign. Maybe.

 

Kang Seulgi takes a brave action by walking to Irene's side. She is now facing the patient. Once again Kang Seulgi captivated by Irene's beauty. How can someone look so beautiful even without a slight trace of makeup? She is so effortless pretty. 

 

"Come on Irene, let me bring you outside. I promise I won't say anything nor ask anything. I will keep my silence".

 

There is no answer from the latter for almost few minutes. Truth be told, Irene was actually feel so suffocating for staying in her bed for days. She really want to walk out from the room and to get some fresh air eventhough she was the same girl who so determined to die few days ago. Being alone in the room really make her want to die. It is not that she not used for being alone but in her condition, the feeling was worsen. 

 

Bae Irene slowly getting up from her seat and weakly standing on her feet when she feel a hands on her shoulders. She look up and her eyes met with Dr. Kang's dark browns pairs. 

 

"Stay here for awhile. I'll get the wheelchair", Dr. Kang softly said. 

 

Irene firmly release her shoulder from Kang Seulgi's hold. Indicating that she doesn't need any help from the taller. 

 

Seulgi understand the gesture. She retrieve her hands to her side and just let Irene slowly making her way out from the room. Kang Seulgi follows Irene behind her back and ready to catch the patient if she fall. 

 

Irene weakly dragging her feet making her way out from the room t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter