Final

Addiction

It's Chaeyeon's birthday. She got her school and uni friends together at the club near her dorms.

 

When Yena arrives with Minju and Yuri ,she sees that Chaeyeon is surrounded by familiar faces but also she notices how there are faces she is not familiar with too. She sees that Chaeyeon is waving at her ,to which she responds with a small wave. The place is crowded with the raging youth drinking and dancing for fun or just a quick escape of adult duties.

 

Chaeyeon introduces Yena, Minju and Yuri who are her school friends to Chaewon , Eunbi and Hyewon who are her university friends to each other. Everyone settles around Chaeyeon comfortably. Yena wonders why Chaeyeon decided on this place for the party. It's not like they don't hit the clubs but for a birthday this is new.

 

While everyone is talking ,Yena notices someone is silent. To be honest this someone got Yena's attention as soon as she got here. Her beautiful smile made Yena's heart skip a beat unknowingly.Yena recalls that Chaeyeon introduces this silent person as Chaewon. Yena wants to strike a conversation with her but she can't think of a way. She also notices how Chaewon is slowly taking sips from her drink.

 

Yena gets her drinks and sits beside Chaewon.

"Hello….Yena right? Choi Yena".Yena is a little bit surprised. Chaewon, who was silent all this time, talked to her first.

"Y-y-yes", Yena stuttered. Why are you stuttering Choi Yena? She wonders to herself and mentally slaps her forehead . Chaewon laughed and that brought Yena's attention back to Chaewon.

"Why?"

"Nothing", but Chaewon continues to chuckle while looking at Yena.

Yena didn't know exactly what to ask. She is usually not like this but today something felt different.

 

"Want to dance?", Chaewon asks while Yena is brainstorming how to and what to talk to with Chaewon. She just nods and next thing she knows is , Chaewon and her are on the dance floor . She looks around to see her other friends. Most of them are still talking while Eunbi is dancing on the floor with an unknown girl.

 

"You are so silent", it's Chaewon.

"Don't tell me it's your first time at a club Choi Yena", Chaewon says while teasing. Yena gets flustered. It's definitely not her first time but something is definitely different today. Little did she know it's the lady in front of her.

"No", Yena shouts her answer as the music is loud.

 

They don't talk anymore. Just let the music dive through their souls while dancing thoughtlessly. The music changed to a slow paced one and the lights dim. Yena felt a touch in her waist , before she could figure out what happened, she was in front of Chaewon's face just a few inches away. After a one hot minute she realizes that Chaewon pulled her closer and both are swaying to the music. She can feel Chaewon's breath in her neck. She also feels her heart is racing like crazy.

 

Yena notices how Chaewon is staring at her. She doesn't know if Chaewon is normally like this or if it's the alcohol. Yena also doesn't know if it's the alcohol or what ,making her feel all these feelings she is feeling right now. Chaewon pulls Yena a bit closer and stares at her more intensely. It is like Chaewon is asking for permission for something. Yena nodded slightly. In the next millisecond she feel Chaewon's soft lips on her lips. It is soft but also tastes like alcohol. Yena returns the kiss slowly. While Chaewon slowly explores every corner of Yena's mouth , the kiss becomes more intense and passionate, to which Yena responds at the same pace. After a while they both stop to catch a breath.

 

"Want to get out?", Yena asked. Chaewon nodded. Yena dragged Chaewon to get away from the dance floor and to upstairs.

 

They finally stop at the balcony.

"You look disappointed", Yena says. Chaewon went red and it is very visible thanks to the lights next to her. "Don't tell me you were thinking something else '', Yena said while whispering to Chaewon. To which Chaewon pushes Yena slightly as a response. "Yaah it's not like that okay?", Yena is enjoying this.

"Are you sure?"

"Yaah stop okay , I was just checking .."

"Checking what?"

"YAAH STOP". Yena finds this angry Chaewon adorable and cute. She wants to continue but stops. She didn’t want to make Chaewon uncomfortable.


 

Chaewon turns to the other side. She sees the city. Her face paints with amusement.

"It's amazing right?", Yena asked.

"Yeah. Everyone is busy in their own world."

 

"Like us in ours right now?". That made Chaewon look at Yena. Yena is looking at the view with her hands on the rail. For the first time Chaewon got a good view on how beautiful Yena is . Yena's blond hair is tied to a high ponytail that makes her extra beautiful.Yena's cheeks reminded her of sticky rice cake. Chaewon chuckles at the thought. She also notices how cute Yena's lips are, it reminds her of a duck. Only now she sees how beautiful and pretty Yena is. She also feels how cool Yena is too.She also realises how the perfect lady infront her makes her feel things she didn't expect to feel tonight.

 

"Yes like in ours", Chaewon replies while changing her gaze from Yena to the city .

 

"Sometimes I come here to here to enjoy the view"

"Without the drinks? They allow that?" ,Chaewon questioned.

"Hmm….not for everyone. I have my ways", Yena says while still looking at the city.

"I see. So it's not your first time here". Chaewon said while placing her hands on the rail.

"Nope".

 

Chaewon sees how adorable Yena's hands are. It's like a baby's hand. Instinctively she ended up holding Yena's hand. Yena looked at her Chaewon.

"Oh sorry, it's just your hands are-"

"I know. Like cream buns." Yena's tone hints at regret.

"I was gonna say adorable"

"Ohh...that's a first."

"It's adorable and cute. I feel comfortable"

 

Chaewon says while clasping her hand around Yena's. Yena smiles. And it hit both of them that they are holding hands. Yena instinctively tries to get her hands away. Not because she doesn't want to hold hands with Chaewon but because she didn't expect her heart to start racing like this. But Chaewon holds Yena's hand tightly and looks at the city. Yena also did the same following Chaewon's lead.

 

"It's comfortable here"

"I know right?I come here to get my thoughts straight "

"Ohh so it's like your spot?"

"Yes"

"I go for a drive at night,'' Chaewon added.

"Ohh you can drive?"

"Yes", Chaewon answered.

"You?". Chaewon asked while holding Yena's hand tightly.

 

Yena's phone buzzes. " It must be Chaeyeon", Yena said out loud.

 

C:Where are you?

Y:Rooftop. Why?

C:What's the time now?

 

Yena checks the time.

 

Y:Oh shoot! It's 3 a.m

C:Exactly. Now get your down here.

Y:Ok

C:Is Chaewon with you?

Y:Yes

C:Nice . Both of you down. NOW

 

"Apparently we are needed down. It's 3 a.m", Yena says to Chaewon.

"I see, we were here for a while I guess"

"Yes"

Yena wants to bring up the kiss but she doesn't know if she should. Maybe it's the alcohol, she thought . She definitely enjoys Chaewon's company and she is afraid to let that kiss ruin it. She doesn't know why she thinks it will ruin anything but she feels she shouldn't.

 

"What are you thinking?"

"Uhhh", Yena responds while slowly getting back to the moment.

"Nothing", Yena smiles at Chaewon. She notices how sparkly Chaewon's eyes are.

 

"Your eyes are so beautiful"

"Are you flirting with me now Choi Yena?". That's only when Yena realizes how she thought out loud. Chaewon notices how Yena is blushing. She smiles to herself.

 

"Give me your phone and also unlock it". Chaewon notices how Yena's unlock screen is her with a guy. Before giving up she shot her best shot and asked ,"that was-",

"My brother".

"I see. Should have guessed cause you two look so much alike", Chaewon says while typing her number. Chaewon also gives a ring cut to her phone.

 

"To what do I owe this honour "

"Maybe the fact you are cute", Chaewon said casually. For a second Yena wonders if Chaewon is like this to everyone or just her. The confused look on Yena's face made Chaewon chuckle out loud.

 

"I have a feeling you are wondering whether it's me or the alcohol or I am just like this for everyone". Yena opens to defend herself. Chaewon keeps her finger on Yena's mouth and whispers to her ," Only if your name is Choi Yena". Yena feels her heart stop beating and also sees how Chaewon is running downstairs. She takes a minute to calm herself from all the butterflies she feels before following Chaewon downstairs.

 

"Where is Yena?"Yena hears Chaeyeon asking from Chaewon.

"Here", Yena answers. After that the group bid their goodbyes and left. When Yena looks at Chaewon for one last time before she leaves ,Chaewon winks at her. Chaewon herself is not sure where her boldness comes from today. Because this is a first for her too.

 

Chaewon gets her phone on the way back home to save Yena's number in her contacts.

"You surprisingly look energetic compared to your other days going back home after hitting the club", it's Eunbi who breaks the silence. Chaewon only smiles as a response.

 

She gets her phone to save Yena's number and send a text.

 

C:I might have found my new addiction

Y:Huh?

C:Your lips

Y:Just my lips? I am disappointed

 

She is definitely a flirt, Chaewon thought.She could imagine Yena’s giddy face.

 

C:Okay let me rephrase it

I am addicted to you (Yena felt like there are fireworks are everywhere)

Y:Maybe you are not alone

C:Are you addicted to you too

Y:Well I love myself of course

But….what I meant is , I am addicted to you too

 


 

Thank you for reading. Sorry for my grammar mistakes. Also I miss ssamyen so much. Hope you all enjoyed this. Comments/Feedback are much appreciated.