Outtake 2 - Studio

ORANGE JUICE

“It’s fascinating.”

“Which is?”

“You working.”

He turned his head to the back, throwing an air kiss by puckering his lips to her direction.

She usually air slap it right back at him, but he was being exceptionally cool that time so she puckered back her lips at him.

“Wew, I should have taken you here sooner.”

“And missing out on your clownery? Thank God you didn’t.”

“Do you really have to go?”

He nodded at her. His girl was being unusually clingy. It had been six months since they first met each other, and she only acted this way when it was the time of the month. His own personal torture time, she was so open yet he couldn’t do anything to her.

“Poor baby girl, come here.”

He opened his arms, and she half ran to hug him in the front door. He had donned his shoes, and since the space in the front door to take off the shoes is lower than the rest of the unit, he could easily kiss her forehead without bending down.

“I’ve stocked your fridge with orange juices, and your favorite kimchi jjigae is on the way here. You won’t miss me that much.”

He could feel her shaking her head on his upper chest.

“You won’t. You have to work in two hours anyway.”

“AH…I really don’t want to go to the office today…”

“I can pick you up from work tomorrow, if you want.”

“No, you don’t have to. I’ll probably finish later than usual so it’ll be safe for me to go home alone.”

“Right. Just call me if the sun hasn’t rise when you finish.”

He could tell that she still hadn’t feel completely ready to let him go.

“Do you want to come with me to the studio? At least until it’s time for you to work.”

She contemplated it for a moment.

“Are you sure your friends won’t mind?”

“By the time they come, you’ll be on your way to work anyway.”

“Hmm, okay.”

Thus, there they were. Two hours later in his studio, him preparing the upcoming recording sessions and her sitting on the couch while hugging her legs on it. He kinda loved having her eyes bore into his back, it always felt good to be the center of her affection.

“Jooheon-ah, I think I have to go now.”

After making sure the setting was all saved, he rose from his seat, going to her position on the couch. He could see her stocking-encased legs exposed well above her knee as she lowered and upped them to wear her shoes. Ah, that red underside shoes. His favorite.

She rose from the couch, her bag and coat in hand, to face him.

“I don’t know whether to be thankful or mad of your shoes.”

She tidied her skirt before looking up at him, smirk fully in place.

“You should be thankful.”

She was still not as tall as him, but she could easily see his face without cracking her neck.

“You can have this as much you want.” She said as she kissed his lips, careful not to smudge her lipstick too much on his.

He pulled her closer, hands on her waist, and deepened their kiss before the beep beep sound of password being punched in interrupted them.

“Right, I’ll see you later.”

“Promise?”

She just shook her head at him while donning her glasses.

“You’ll come either way.”

He smiled sheepishly at that. She was right, he would see her anyway.

“Jooheon-ah, what are you-oh. Hi!”

He knew his girl hadn’t met any of the members, and while he was sure he would be roasted over later for not letting them meet her sooner, he already didn’t like the way Minhyuk checking her up from head to toe.

“Hello,” his girl politely bowed and smiled at his friend.

“I’m going.”  She said to him.

He held her elbow while pointing at his cheek.

“What? Oh God. You have a friend here.”

He didn’t budge, pointer finger still poised on his cheek.

“Alright.” She kissed his cheek before leaving.

She passed Minhyuk on her way out while saying, “It’s nice to meet you, Jooheon’s friend.”

As the door closed and she disappeared from his sight, an annoying face disrupted his vision.

“You!”

“What?”

“Have a lot of explaining to do.”

He went back to sit on his chair, half annoyed and half resigned over Minhyuk’s apparent roasting tone.

“Who is she? Where did you meet her? Is she your girlfriend? Why didn’t you tell us? How long have you met her? Does she have any single friend? Why did -“

Another beep beep sound of lock being opened could be heard, interrupting the question streams.

“Jooheon-an, I‘m here.”

“Kihyun-ah, you wouldn’t believe who I just met here.”

Jooheon chose to ignore them both and returned to the panels in front of him.

“Who?”

“A very pretty woman! Wearing glasses and red high heeled shoes!”

“What?! Jooheon-ah-“

“She’s my girlfriend. I met her in the church, my mother introduced us. No I haven’t met her friends, and no, I have no idea whether she has any single friend or not.”

Kihyun and Minhyuk looked at each other before muttering the same sentence.

“I should start going to church from now.”

Jooheon laughed a full belly laugh.

He had crazy friends, alright.