Prologue

We Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fire was surrounding her, circling in and moving closer and closer till it was close enough for her to feel the heat on her skin. Bright, orange tendrils reached towards her and caressed her cheek, seemingly offering comfort for the distraught girl. 

 

She had no clue why she was in this situation, the last thing she remembered was passing out on her bed after a horrible day at school. Firstly, she woke up late, and then her math professor just had to give them a pop quiz on the one day she decided not to study! 

 

To make matters worse, she was here in an unknown place that resembled the pits of hell with the way everything was covered in flames. There was something strange going on though, the fire was surrounding her, and yet, even though she could feel the heat whenever a flame would her skin, she didn’t get burned.

 

“Minju-unnie!” 

 

What? That was her younger sister’s voice! Where was it coming from? 

 

“Unnie!” Minju suddenly felt as if her entire world was shaking, the flames grew in size and were on their way to becoming uncontrollable when a huge wave of water suddenly appeared and doused the fire before it could spread even further.

 

Her eyes opened in alarm, only to force it close once again to avoid the water flowing down her face from getting in. She wiped away the liquid and opened her eyes again to cast them upon the figure to her right holding up an empty bucket. 

 

“Minji…” The soaking wet girl gritted out, “Why did you pour a bucket of water on me, instead of WAKING ME UP LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!” she totally did not scream out the last part, and she was totally not mad at her younger sister right now for the rude awakening.

 

The said sister dropped the empty bucket and raised her arms in surrender, “Don’t you think I tried? It looked like you were having a nightmare and you were burning up! I could have sworn smoke was coming from your skin.” Minji de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter