Fin.

Coffee

Chaewon is really not fond of coffee, she is literally hating the bitter taste of it and how the caffeine leaving bad effects in her body. She know, she is very sensitive about caffeine and how it easily her stomach would ache or her heart beating faster like she just did a whole marathon. 

 

So all she could do is avoiding coffee as much as she can, even though watching all the friends on her age are just casually holding and drinking coffee. Chaewon still stay and stuck with her hot chocolate. 

 

But when Minju holding her daily coffee, Chaewon would immediately gets up from her seat. 

 

Peeking over the younger girl who is drinking her coffee. 

 

Just like now, Minju literally by directing her straw to Chaewon's lips. While giggling once in a while when seeing Chaewon's annoyed face. 

 

"Can i have a sip of it?" Chaewon ask, Minju raised her eyebrows. 

 

Moving away the straw from Chaewon's lips. 

 

"Suddenly? You can't drink coffee, unnie." She replied and put her coffee on the table in front of them. 

 

Minju can see Chaewon's reflection from the big mirror in front of them, a jutted out lips and pleading eyes. Now they're sitting while waiting to fix their make-up. 

 

"Just this one! Please." Chaewon literally whining right now and Minju know she can't say no to this Chaewon, a whiny Chaewon. 

 

She took her coffee and putting the straw right in front of Chaewon's lips, waiting for the older girl taking a sip of it. Chaewon doesn't seems hesitating which surprise her, because usually Chaewon would frown or contemplating about it first. 

 

When Chaewon take a sip of it and immediately she saw a frown on the older girl's face, Minju couldn't help but laughing. 

 

"Are you alright?" She eyed Chaewon who makes disgusted face. 

 

Chaewon shakes her head as the answer, regretting her choice to take a sip of Minju's coffee. It's bitter. Too bitter actually. 

 

She stares at Minju who is still laughing at her, then wondering how can Kim Minju who literally have sweet tooth and liking all the sweets drink something bitter like coffee and it's not those sweet coffees. 

 

But Minju always prefer her coffee is strong, bitter. Almost close to espresso actually. 

 

When Minju caressing her cheek and Chaewon sighs in content, slowly but surely she is going down to hid her face on Minju's lap. 

 

"I hate coffee." She murmurs.

 

A light pat on Chaewon's head, makes the latter groan and Minju laughs again. 

 

...

 

"Minju!" 

 

She turned her head immediately when the manager unnie called her name, she saw the woman holding a large sized americano in her hand. Then giving it to her. 

 

Minju frown in confusion, she stares at the manager unnie and the coffee. 

 

"Eh?" 

 

"Your coffee." The manager mentioned.

 

Minju nods and took a sip of it, this really taste like the coffee she usually drank. Then she pats the manager's back, getting the attention from her. 

 

"Thankyou, unnie. You already remembered about our must have menus?" Minju ask and smiled brightly.

 

"No? I'm not as smart as Hyewonnie." The manager answered, swaying her hand over it. 

 

Minju raised her americano cup and shoot the manager with questioned look, she take a look at herself on the mirror and fixing stray of her hair. 

 

"Chaewon ordered it, she had coffee too but in small size." 

 

"Chaewonnie can't drink coffee, manager-nim" Minju heard the stylist unnie talking back to the manager. 

 

Minju first instinct is to find Chaewon, she left the manager and stylist. Walking out from the waiting room only to find Chaewon is holding small sized americano while talking selfie with her phone. 

 

Noticed the amount of coffee inside the cup is very much still full, Minju took a deep breath in relief. Slowly approaching the older girl. 

 

"Unnie..." She call Chaewon. 

 

The latter turn her head and looking surprised, then she sheepishly showing off the americano in her hand. 

 

"You can't drink coffee, unnie. What if your stomach hurt?" Minju worriedly start to nags, took the small sized cup from Chaewon's hand. 

 

"I didn't finished it, like you can see." Chaewon shrugs her shoulders. 

 

Minju scoffed and shakes her head. 

 

...

 

Chaewon know that Minju have this jinx if she didn't get her coffee in the morning, everything isn't going well for her. 

 

Because in Minju's believe the caffeine helped her alot to ease her nervousness during schedules or performances. 

 

Today is those day when Minju didn't managed to get her coffee, it was such a hectic morning for them. 

 

The filming of their online concert is start before the sun is rising, they heard the studio will be used for another events that's why they need to agree with the sudden change of time. 

 

Most of the members couldn't sleep, the practice is still on going until the last minute they went to the studio and getting ready with all the make-up and hairstyles. 

 

The managers are also busy taking care all of the members attentively, even though it's not easy to take care the twelve of them. Minju missed the time when the manager write down the menus they need for breakfast. 

 

So in the middle of performance, Minju start to feel uneasy. She keep telling herself to get a grip but at the same time, she is stumbling upon her own feet making her almost fell down because losing her balance. 

 

When they were given a break to change their outfits. Minju's ears feels like ringing and her vision is blurry, the noises slowly cameback and she catches few words or sentences. When she felt someone touched her shoulder and calling her name, Minju is freezing on her spot.

 

"Minju hurry up!" She heard Chaeyeon's panicked voices then she saw how the managers are running back and forth. 

 

The she felt someone holding her shoulder, grabbing to be exact and she saw how Chaewon standing in front of her. 

 

Then she heard, how Chaewon really tried hard to call her name.  

 

"Ya! Hurry and drink it up!" Chaewon definitely shouts at her and she followed the order immediately, drinking whatever that Chaewon gave to her. 

 

Minju's eyes blinked after she tasted a familiar taste, coffee. She realized and holding Chaewon's wrist which still holding the cup of it. 

 

"You're out of focus, we still have alot of songs on the list!" Chaewon shouts again to win against the loud backsound from the VCR. 

 

"Bring all your confidence! Go all out Kim Minju!!!" Chaewon again shouts, she managed to make a gesture using her arms. 

 

Minju smiled, before taking Chaewon's hand that offering her to come up at stage. Comeback to their performance, to show off everyone what they practiced for weeks. Day and night, without any thoughts of giving up. 

 

To be their best. 

 

When the music is starting and when light is on them. 

 

Minju take a look at Chaewon who is already in her position, in rush she show the older girl a finger heart. Making Chaewon laughs while doing the intro choreography. 

...

Chaewon is on her challenge again to try coffee, after getting recommendation from her friend about the coffee which is not that bitter. She immediately ordered it in medium sized cup. 

 

It's true, the coffee is literally only taking small portion and the rest get filled with milk also cream. 

 

She gets excited, holding the cup while walking to the waiting room. Showing it off to everyone, especially Eunbi and the leader had to grab her by the wrist. Stopping her. 

 

"For real?" Eunbi asked and then Chaewon just nods excitedly, sipping on her coffee. 

 

When Minju entered the waiting room, Eunbi approaching her. Feeling little bit anxious and small with the leader's presence, Minju stopped and let Eunbi come closer. 

 

"Chaewon is drinking coffee, it's not because you told her right?" Eunbi ask and hearing that Minju widen her eyes.

 

Probably it feels like Eunbi is prying on her, well it such understandable reason knowing how much Eunbi doting on Chaewon just like her real baby sister. 

 

"No! Chaewon unnie can't drink coffee." Minju answered and her eyes already wandering around to find where is Chaewon. 

 

Chaewon is actually still excited about her coffee, strolling around while showing it off to all members and staffs. Minju took a glance at Eunbi for once and decided to not take her eyes off from Chaewon. 

 

Few hours later, she caught Chaewon who is sitting alone on the corner, busy with her phone and being quiet. She noticed how Yena came and tried to jokes around with her but Chaewon just smiled not really taking those jokes. 

 

"Are you okay?" Minju shoot her a question, finding the older girl's silence is a bit different than her usual self. 

 

Chaewon looks at her and nods.

 

That answer truly different with what Minju see right now, she worriedly crouched down right beside Chaewon's knees. Hands stopping Chaewon who is still stuck on her phone screen. 

 

"Unnie, please tell me. Are you really okay?" Minju asked her again. 

 

Chaewon slowly looks up at Minju, finding how the younger girl sounds very worried and anxious about it. 

 

She placed her hand on Minju's, tried to reassuring her. Chaewon is okay honestly, it's the truth but the caffeine she consumed few hours ago start to left after effects on her. 

 

She have been feeling uncomfortable with her stomach, it feels like burning and she felt nauseous. Few days before after she drank coffee, usually it just making her heart beats faster. 

 

But not this time, the sudden strike of pain on her stomach makes Chaewon unintentionally hissed and winced, catching Minju's attention immediately.

 

"Chaewon unnie." Minju calls her again.

 

This time she couldn't respond on Minju, the pain is still bearable but Chaewon prefer to stay silent while holding the pain. 

 

"Unnie!" Minju shouts.

 

"I'll call manager unnie first, okay?" Minju start to panics, her voice is trembling and the other members also begin to come approaching her because they heard Minju's voice. 

 

"...stay." Chaewon grasp onto Minju's wrist, stopping the younger girl to go. 

 

She heard Hitomi's voice who is saying 'it's okay, I'll call her' referring to their manager while speaking at Minju. 

 

 

... 

 

Chaewon opened her eyes, the dim light on her room feels like is too bright for her liking and she found the empty glass that being placed beside her. 

 

There is Yena who already asleep, letting out those soft snoring all over their room. 

 

Her eyes caught the digital clock that Yena decided to buy few months ago, it's 3AM. 

 

Knowing how rare to find Yena already asleep instead of clogging on her nintendo switch or phone kinda makes Chaeeon sighs in relief, so the least thing she wished for is waking up Yena at 3AM.

 

Chaewon again regrets her choice to challenge herself drinking coffee, the after effect still not wornt out and Chaewon still felt uncomfortable with her stomach. Even after the treatment she got and meds she drank. 

 

But when she heard a rustle noise from the living room Chaewon carefully get up and walking out from her room.  

 

When she opened the door, she found Minju who looks surprised.

 

"Did you sleep well?" The younger girl ask, sitting on the couch and running fingers through her hair. 

 

Chaewon just nods her head as the answer, approaching Minju and joined to sit on the couch. 

 

"Please don't drink coffee again, unnie. I was so scared and worried. I don't want something bad happens to you. Why you keep pushing yourself to drink it?" A sudden question from Minju filled the silence between them. 

 

Chaewon didn't answer immediately, she rubs her arms and lift her knees up, hugging it. 

 

Her thoughts flies to the time when she saw Minju talking with her MC partner, it was when their promotion happened. At Music Core. 

 

How Minju leaning on the wall while talking to the boy who is her MC partner, they looks like making a scene on the hall and Minju were holding a large sized americano in her hand. Chaewon noticed how the younger girl would take a sip of it, once in a while. 

 

'Minju-ssi you like coffee?' 

 

Even now, Chaewon still remember that boy's voice and how he move a little bit closer to Minju. 

 

The next thing she heard was 'Next time, let's have a coffee together!' the boy cheerfully said. 

 

"Unnie?" Minju calls. 

 

Chaewon break all her thoughts and turn her head at the younger one, a pair of eyes staring back at her. 

 

"Minju-ya, why you likes coffee alot?" She suddenly ask.

 

Her eyes trying to find the remote control, at least if they turn on the television, it would be less awkward and the silence wouldn't make her feel suffocating. 

 

Because this is not the comfortable silence they always had. Chaewon start fidgeting her fingers, waiting for Minju's reply. 

 

"Because it reminds me about my Dad? He is a coffee addict, so almost everyday my Mom would make Coffee for him. So, basically our house always smell nice, it's a scent of brewed coffee. When i drink coffee, my mind keep thinking I'm at home and it makes me feel at ease." Minju explains. 

 

Somehow it's all make a sense, since they rarely have a free time to visiting their parents. They always have their own ways to overcome homesick, even though it's not as difficult like the Japanese members. But overall they also suffer from the same thing. 

 

"I'm sorry, i really wished you could stop drink your coffee." Chaewon confessed.

 

Leading Minju to say 'huh?' in reflex at the sudden confession, she frowns and looking at Chaewon who has been lowering her head ever since they started talking. 

 

"Why? What's wrong, unnie?" Minju placed her hand on top of Chaewon's, letting it rested right on top of her right thigh.

 

"I saw you and your MC partner, i know he asked you out because you like coffee and you must be like it having someone who also loves coffee as much as you do."

 

It is sounds like a mumbling and pretty fast, but Minju is smart enough to catch those sentence from Chaewon's lips.  

 

Now she understand why Chaewon has been very obsessed and challenging herself to try coffee, even though clearly Minju know how much Chaewon doesn't like coffee and didn't even drink it. 

 

"Ah..." Minju simply replied and from the corner of her eyes, she knew Chaewon is frowning right now. 

 

Chaewon has been having those thoughts of Minju hanging out with that MC boy, because every time they went to Cafe and ordered something, Chaewon stuck with her hot chocolate. 

 

Whenever Minju had her coffee, then said how this coffee in that cafe or this cafe are different and Chaewon can't be able to relate or understand about it. 

 

"If only you don't have to look all pretty and attractive while drinking coffee, i swear nobody will asked you out like that. It's because coffee!" Chaewon's voices get louder. 

 

Minju had to pats the older one to remind her, it's 3AM and she doesn't want any of members woke up because of them. 

 

"Unnie," Minju calls her. 

 

She slowly wrapped her arms around Chaewon's waist. When she heard Chaewon's hum, Minju landed a kiss on her cheek as if it's nothing and Chaewon had to hold her breath for a while. 

 

"Are you jealous?" Another question being thrown by Minju. 

 

Chaewon didn't answer her question right away but she didn't miss a beat to stop Minju tease.

 

"Of course, i am! I know you're not the type who can reject someone's offer and it makes me..." Chaewon murmurs, she sighs after hanging her sentence. 

 

"I rejected him, unnie. Right after he asked me out, i think you already left with Yena unnie by then. I knew you were watching us that time." Minju explains. 

 

It's true, she knew Chaewon were watching her that time. A reason why Minju trying many ways to end the conversation quickly, so Chaewon won't misunderstand things like this. 

 

"You really rejected him?" 

 

Minju nods her head, making Chaewon stares in awe. She pulls the older girl closer to her, back hugging her, letting how Chaewon literaly sat on her lap. 

 

"Hm, ofcourse. Why would i go out with him? I don't wanna create such rumors or fuss for us, beside the coffee i had always taste better if you're the one who buys it or when we are together."

 

Minju said all of that while resting her head on Chaewon's shoulder. 

 

"Tsk, you and your sweet talk." 

 

Chaewon pushed Minju's head lightly, the younger girl didn't even budge from it. 

 

"For real! I love it when we go for a walk in the middle of night, holding hands, sharing hot pack or taking pics together. Those are my favorite things!" 

 

Right, they always had those time to strolling around for a walk. 

 

How it became their night routine somehow, especially when they can't sleep or the sudden late night snacks which always made them feel guilty after finished it and how they spent their time by talking on the long bench at the playground around their dorm. 

 

Sadly because of the hectic schedules lately, the almost no sleep and nonstop shooting.

 

They're always been busy but upon the end of their contract everyone just went crazy over it, they need to focus on their works but at the same time, thoughts how it all will come to end always haunting them. 

 

It's scary to be honest. 

 

"Sorry we haven't do that in a while..." Chaewon apologize.

 

The light rubs on top of her hand making her feel at ease. 

 

Minju didn't need an apology from Chaewon, beside it's not her fault too. She is hugging Chaewon tight, close and it's warm. 

 

"I'm fine about it but unnie, you don't need to be afraid or scared. You already win me, win my heart and I'm yours." Minju says

 

Chaewon turned her head at Minju who sheepishly smiling and raises her eyebrows, making a greasy expression. 

 

At the same time hearing those words from Minju really comforts her, the younger girl know how to handle her, it's somehow scary but fascinating in a good way. 

 

Minju let Chaewon push her, it's a slight push and they shared laughs after. Chaewon leans her back to Minju, her head literally resting on Minju's left shoulder. 

 

"Feels better now?" Minju ask, after their laughs died down and it changed into a comfortable silence.

 

She is caressing Chaewon's cheek, observing the older girl's face and noticed the difference with Chaewon she saw on the waiting room few hours ago. At least Chaewon is not as pale as before when she's having a stomachache, even though Chaewon still sounded like she's exhausted. 

 

She saw how Chaewon start to yawn and her eyes dropped, Minju rubs her arm and pats it, like giving a sign it's okay for Chaewon to fall asleep on her. 

 

"Hm..." Chaewon reply. 

 

"Just sleep, unnie." Minju says. 

 

...

 

The next day Minju had to suffer from body pain, Chaewon really sleeping on her for hours and she fell asleep too. When the members start to wake them up and Minju couldn't properly stand up after few hours Chaewon was on her lap. 

 

Chaewon is kind enough to help Minju putting those patches on her body to reduce the pain, even though once in a while she would tease the younger girl with 'Woah Kim Minju' over her shirtless body and nonstop whines can be heard from Minju. 

 

"Ah unnie! Please stop it and put them on properly!" Minju whines in between her shouts and Chaewon enjoying the whole thing with her laughs. 

 

"Omo omo Kim Minju~" Chaewon starts again.

 

 

 

 

 

ㅡ