fin.

Can't help myself from falling (Should we try again?)

Minjoo sits still.

 

Her back was leaning against the leather seat of her car. Her body felt heavy as her head felt like it’s spinning. She thinks she drank a little too much tonight. Slightly regretting the fact that she kept accepting the cups filled with mixed alcohol that her college friends kept offering her. 

 

She shuts her eyes closed as another wave of dizziness hits her. She groaned at the feeling and just shifted around the backseat of her car to find a comfortable position. She needs to take a short nap to sober up. Or else she might get into a driving accident if she forces herself to drive home in this state. 

 

She throws her head back against the chair, waiting for sleep to come as her tense body slowly relaxes itself against the leather. 

 

She feels herself knocking out when she suddenly hears the door in the backseat open. The familiar scent of roses and mint punches her senses hard, making her force her eyes open the moment she feels the car seat dip just beside her.

 

Minjoo was drunk. But not drunk enough that she wouldn’t be able to recognize the person with her right now. 

 

No, she fully knows who this person is.

 

“You should’ve watched your drink earlier.”

 

And she sure does know what this person wants.

 

She lifts her head off the headrest of the leather seat. Her chocolate eyes were dark and unfocused, looking far ahead in attempts to avoid the caramel eyes staring straight at her.

 

Minjoo doesn’t know what to do nor what to say. Her mind and thoughts are still messy inside her head. But she does know that the dizziness she previously felt was slowly slipping away. She feels herself suddenly wide awake at the presence of the person beside her. The pleasurable scent of roses with hints of mint somewhat sobered her up almost completely. 

 

“Min,” the person calls.

 

Minjoo only blinks, slowly. She turned her head to finally meet the sweet pools of caramel patiently waiting to be looked at. Her brain melted at the sight of them.

 

“Minjoo…” the person calls for her again, slowly leaning closer to her. Minjoo’s head clears the moment she feels a warm hand crawling up the skin of her arm. The touch sent electrifying waves throughout her whole body, making her slightly shiver.

 

Minjoo was definitely sure she’s wide awake now.

 

No one can sober her up as fast as Kim Chaewon could, anyway.

 

“Minjoo,” she says again.

 

And good God. 

 

The way she calls her name sends Minjoo in a daze. That voice— it felt like it was dripping with honey. 

 

So pleasant. 

 

So gentle. 

 

So soft. 

 

So ing sweet.

 

Minjoo takes a deep breath. 

 

She couldn’t take it anymore.

 

Her hand moved faster than her brain and cupped the girl’s cheek. Pulling her face closer to her to seal their lips together in a searing kiss. Immediately losing all of her self-control for the girl beside her. 

 

She felt Chaewon smirk against her lips. Her arms wrap around the younger girl’s neck before moving to straddle her lap. 

 

They both always end up in this position— Minjoo having Chaewon on her lap, kissing her intensely with need as the older girl always loved pushing her to her limits.

 

Minjoo grips onto Chaewon’s waist. Her soft lips moved against hers as a burning feeling started to settle inside her chest. A hot, burning feeling that set her whole body on fire. She kisses Chaewon harder as she feels herself starting to get suffocated by her burning chest.

 

Chaewon lets out a pleasant sigh. Her hand finds its way inside the dark locks of Minjoo’s hair, tugging it gently as her other hand hugs her closer by the neck. Minjoo bites on her bottom lip that elicits a groan from the older girl. 

 

Chaewon held onto her shoulders, pushing Minjoo away as she found it incredibly hard to breathe. The younger girl obliged and gave the two of them some space, her darkened eyes looking up to stare at the girl on top of her. 

 

A haze covered her favorite caramel orbs. Her irises were dilated; blown wide with lust. Lips swollen and her chest heaving. Desperately breathing for air because Minjoo’s intense touches and kisses always had this kind of effect on her.

 

Chaewon looked so ing breathtaking like this.

 

All hot and bothered and needy.

 

Minjoo stared a little longer as a devilish smirk painted Chaewon’s lips and— , she’s so God damn attractive, too.

 

The younger girl clenches her jaws. Her hands’ grip on the older girl’s waist tightens, her knuckles slightly turning white at the strong hold. Her chest tightens with something else than need and lust.

 

Minjoo all of a sudden felt like drowning at Chaewon’s strong presence. The roses tinted with mint suddenly choked Minjoo to the point that it was getting harder to breathe. The ethereal sight of Chaewon on top of her was making her feel something simmer in the pit of her stomach.

 

A rose slowly blooms inside her chest.

 

Then Chaewon softly smiles at her. Long, slender fingers combing its way through her dark hair that was disheveled due to her tugging earlier. Minjoo takes in the fluttering feeling the crescent eyes gave her.

 

“Your hair’s a mess now,” Chaewon giggled. Her fingers were still running through her hair like what happened earlier was nothing.

 

Minjoo concluded that she wanted to stare at this version of Chaewon forever. This soft-smiled and crescent-eyed Chaewon. Something about it made her heart become heavy with affection. The caramel eyes that she loved were suddenly clean of its earlier haze; the orbs looking crystal clear with its light shade of brown.

 

I’m so ing in love with Kim Chaewon.

 

Minjoo curses herself for that fact.

 

Because she shouldn’t love her. She shouldn’t feel something this strong and deep for the older girl. Everything was just supposed to be casual and whatever between them. It’s just whatever.

 

She shouldn’t have fallen for her.

 

But how could she not? 

 

The older girl was always mindful of her. Very observant of her ticks and habits. Knows her favorite little things and always listens to her rambles. Chaewon also knows her better than anyone else. That’s why she opts to cuddle with the younger girl instead of their usual business when she notices the bags under Minjoo’s eyes were more prominent than ever. She takes care of her better than Minjoo herself.

 

So again. 

 

How could Minjoo not fall when Chaewon feels like a dream come true?

 

She knows she shouldn’t, but she still did. It’s hard when Chaewon acts as if they’re more than this— whatever this is that they’re doing. That’s why a silly piece of her still hoped that maybe they could work it out if it comes to it. Or maybe Chaewon feels the same way, too. 

 

She knows she shouldn’t, but she could never help it.

 

Minjoo feels the air getting knocked out of her when Chaewon pulls her in for another kiss. More tender compared to their first one tonight. Less needier and more intimate. Minjoo then feels the older girl cup her cheeks gently, caressing her tense jaws with her warm, light fingers. Her eyes closed at the feeling of the older girl’s plump lips moving against hers.

 

Minjoo finds it harder to not fall deeper in this hole that she made for herself. 

 

Something about this kiss gave her a bitter feeling, though. Chaewon was unusually soft and gentle with her tonight. It’s a surprise that they’re going this slow when she knows Chaewon would’ve pinned her harder against the black leather seat of her car by now. Shirts off and bite marks all over her neck and collarbone.

 

But Chaewon was just kissing her softly and gently. The sigh escaping the older girl’s lips felt like a mix of pleased and melancholic. 

 

Chaewon pulls away, her forehead resting against the younger’s. Minjoo still had her eyes shut when the older girl started to speak in a small voice. The words leaving her lips shattered the little piece of hope inside Minjoo completely.

 

“I think we should go back to being just friends, Min.”

 

Minjoo opens her eyes slowly. Avoiding the caramel eyes staring at her intently as her fingers started to fiddle with Chaewon’s plaid shirt. Then she chuckled humoressly.

 

“Was this supposed to be a last night kind of thing, Chae?” She tried to joke. Minjoo tried her best to hide the gnawing feeling of hurt that eats her heart whole. She gave the older girl a meaningless smile, the bright grin not betraying her true feelings from this moment. Chaewon just looked at her with sad eyes.

 

She wanted to see what the younger girl was feeling. But it felt like she couldn’t read her as easily anymore. As if Minjoo was quick to shut everything out the moment she heard Chaewon’s words.

 

Or maybe that was what she was really feeling. Glad and okay that this little deal of theirs is coming to an end.

 

Chaewon doesn’t know anymore.

 

“I guess it is.” Chaewon hid her worries with a chuckle, her fingers still caressing the younger girl’s cheeks. She pulls Minjoo’s face up to look at her dark chocolate eyes. Gazing at them a little longer than she usually does. A painful feeling slowly crept up in the older’s chest as she acknowledged the one thing she didn’t want to after that night. 

 

Minjoo will slowly drift away from me.

 

And it’s true. She knows it because— just who can bounce back to being friends after everything that happened? After everything that they did together?

 

Chaewon wants to take her words back. But she chooses not to because she needs to let this weird relationship go.

 

“Call me by my name again, Chaewon.” Minjoo’s voice was small and quiet. She just honestly wants to get this heartache over with.

 

“Minjoo,” the older girl says. Her tone dropping with practiced ease as she always does this with the younger girl. Knowing how much this will teeter Minjoo towards the edge.

 

“Minjoo,” she calls again, moving her face a little closer to the younger girl. She can already feel her grip tightening on her waist again. The jaws under her palms clenched tightly as the younger girl started to breathe heavily through her nose.

 

“Kim Minjoo.”

 

The younger girl lunges forward to kiss her harshly again. Chaewon sighed in content as she pressed her body closer to her. Her fingers crawled back in her black hair to grab on a handful of them.

 

Minjoo kisses her harder. Ignoring the way her heart clenched painfully inside her chest.



-----



“So, how are you doing, Minjoo?”

 

It’s funny. 

 

How the world works in such mysterious ways. How it’s so weird and magical at the same time. A big place where a bunch of people roam and live. Different cities, states, countries and continents. Different ethnicities, cultures and different groups of people.

 

And yet, she sits there. A few chairs away from Chaewon. Silently; quietly. Listening and adding in to the stories being thrown around the table. Her hand holding onto the warm cup of her coffee.

 

Hot americano.

 

Not her usual as she likes to have it iced— but Chaewon guesses it’s the cold weather. The low temperature was evidently taking a slight toll on her. Red nose and the slight shivers of her body.

 

It’s sick that Chaewon still pays this much attention to her. It’s sick that she still knows how she likes her coffee. It’s sick that her mere presence still has this strong effect on her.

 

It’s sick that all these times—

 

Kim Minjoo sits a few chairs away from her, completely and breathtakingly attractive.

 

The world is ing weird and mysterious. Fate—and all that bull people like to say that has full control of how our lives are going to be—is weirder and honestly aggravating.

 

She shouldn’t be here— no, as far as Chaewon remembers, she should be a thousand miles away from Seoul. She should be in Europe with her little camera taking pictures over there and making money as a photographer. Not in Seoul taking part in some sort of college reunion.

 

Kim Minjoo has always been miles away after their graduation. Always been too far away from Chaewon to reach. Always gone and busy since that one particular night.

 

She ing lost her phone number because she couldn’t handle getting pushed aside anymore. She lost it so she could stop ing contacting her anymore.

 

But here she is again. With her dark, long hair and molten chocolate orbs. Looking everywhere but Chaewon.

 

fate and the sick games that it finds entertainment in.

 

Chaewon feels herself drowning at the sight of the younger woman. 

 

“Chaewon,” one of the girls—Yuri, Chaewon faintly remembers her as Minjoo’s best friend—suddenly called for her. She nearly jumped in surprise, her head snapping to the hamster-looking woman with raised brows. “How have you been? You haven’t talked at all tonight.”

 

“Oh— uh. I’m doing fine.” Chaewon shifted in her seat. Slightly uncomfortable at the pair of eyes suddenly focusing on her with full attention. But only one pair didn’t look her way. The only pair she wanted to be on her didn’t even spare Chaewon a single glance as the owner of them just sipped on her drink quietly.

 

“You answer like a sore loser.” Chaewon glared at Yena who just laughed at her. What a great best friend she is, eh?

 

“I work for this music company as a producer. Made a lot of songs for a bunch of bands,” Chaewon added with a huff as Yena just gave her a thumbs up. 

 

Minjoo’s ears perked up at her statement, unbeknownst to her. The younger woman was glad she was still able to follow through with her dreams. Minjoo first handedly experienced the stress Chaewon had with her future. Not being entirely sure if you’ll be able to create a living out of something you love to do is, in fact, torturous for the human brain.

 

Minjoo sighed in relief that the Chaewon she met in college is all good in the future now.

 

“We should work together sometimes!” Yuri exclaimed excitedly as she leaned over the table to talk to Chaewon about music. The two being able to produce such a form of art made Yuri want to bond over it with her. “I actually heard some of your songs already! I kept asking Minjoo to get us to work together because you guys were close and .”

 

Chaewon raised a brow at that. No one really knew that the two of them kept in contact after their first meeting.

 

More or less, knew the things that happened behind closed doors and under the bed sheets.

 

Chaewon shakes the indecent thought away.

 

“Wait, you guys were close?” Yena asked from beside Yuri. A curious glint in her brown orbs as her eyes kept going back and forth between the two girls. 

 

Minjoo suddenly felt a bad feeling forming in the pit of her stomach. She knows Yuri is gonna say some unnecessary information at some point in this conversation.

 

“Did you not know?” Yuri asked back with furrowed brows. 

 

“No. To think that I am this ’s best friend.” Yena gave Chaewon a playful glare to which the woman only responded with her middle finger up in the air. The duck-like girl only stuck her tongue out in a teasing manner.

 

“No one really knew,” Minjoo speaks up from where she’s seated. The rim of her porcelain cup ghosting just above her lips, still avoiding the intense stare Chaewon was giving her. She brought it back to her lips to take another sip.

 

“Well, I did! Minjoo used to talk about you a lot, you know?” 

 

Minjoo nearly chokes on her drink. 

 

“Did she, now?” Chaewon had a soft smile plastered on her lips at the newly found information. She watched the way the younger woman’s fist hit her chest lightly, coughing silently to herself. Chaewon could see the blush dusting the woman’s cheeks— and she knows it’s not from the cold weather anymore. She giggles at the sight of a flustered Minjoo. 

 

“Yup. It’s kinda surprising when she said you both don’t talk anymore when I asked her about you again.”

 

Chaewon’s smile slowly dropped. 

 

“Oh.” Only the smallest of grins were left of her previously wide smile. “We both lost contact with each other a few years back.”

 

Minjoo finally turned her head to stare at the older woman. Chaewon by now was just giving Yuri a timid smile. The familiar uncomfortable feeling in her chest returns. The coffee she’s drinking suddenly tastes more bitter at the sight of the dejected look in Chaewon’s caramel eyes.

 

“Ah— I see.” Yuri feels kind of bad for bringing it up. Only to smile brightly again as she looked at the older woman with an optimistic glint in her eyes. “Well, both of you are here now! You guys can try catching up again.”

 

That sounds too good to be true for Chaewon. To be able to catch up with Minjoo. To have coffee with her again and ask her how her life has been for the past three years of no communication. To just casually talk about the most mundane things and to have the younger woman’s bright smile sent to her way again.

 

It sounds too good to be true.

 

Chaewon just nods with a crooked grin, knowing full well that it will never happen. 

 

Not when Minjoo couldn’t even look at her straight in the eyes anymore.



(



Calling Minguri…



Chaewon sighs at her phone screen.

 

She feels frustrated. 

 

Her calls lately have been going straight to the voicemail inbox. It’s not that Minjoo is obliged to answer her phone when she calls— no, Minjoo is not her girlfriend. And even if she is, she would not require the girl to answer her phone when she tries to reach her.

 

Chaewon just wishes that she would pick up her call even just once. Just one call is all that she wants. 

 

She hasn’t seen the girl for months now. And she’s starting to feel desperate because the thing she fears the most is already happening.

 

Minjoo was slipping away.

 

And Chaewon doesn’t know what to do if the younger girl successfully managed to completely leave her life.

 

That’s why she’s trying. She’s trying very hard to keep the younger girl close to her. To hold onto Minjoo as tight as she could just so she would stay. Because it honestly scares her.

 

It scares her less.

 

Because Minjoo used to be part of her everyday. Minjoo used to be part of her routine. Minjoo used to be with her all the time.

 

Minjoo used to be someone so close to her.

 

Chaewon hates when something goes off orbit in her universe. She hates it when a planet leaves her little system called her life. Most importantly if that planet was something so dear to her.

 

And Minjoo was a planet that orbits very closely to her. She was like Mercury in Chaewon’s system. Spinning and orbiting too closely around the Sun.

 

Is this what happens if Mercury comes crashing into the Sun?



The number you have dialed cannot be reached. Please leave a voice message after the tone—



Chaewon groaned. Throwing her phone on her bed as her right arm moved to cover her eyes. A tear slips out from the corner of her eyes. Feeling more frustrated that she only heard the robotic voice of this stupid phone than the deep voice of the girl she desperately wants to hear.

 

Her heart squeezes inside her chest. A painful feeling spreading through her chest like wildfire. It was getting harder to breathe as this feeling was eating her from the inside. Her chest heaving slowly and painfully as she tried to gasp for air. The tears were now running down her cheeks freely, the sleeve of her sweater dampening.

 

I gotta try one last time, Chaewon thought as she reached for her phone again. 

 

She hits the small telephone button beside Minjoo’s contact name, dropping her phone beside her as she takes one of her pillows to clutch towards her chest. As if putting pressure on it would help lessen the pain she’s feeling.



Calling Minguri… 



She hugs her pillow tightly.

 

One last time.

 

She waited patiently as she stared at her phone screen.

 

And I’ll stop contacting her.

 

Chaewon gritted her teeth. Hoping that Minjoo would pick up the phone.

 

Minjoo, please.

 

The phone kept ringing.

 

Until— 



The number you have dialed cannot be re— 



Chaewon dropped it before it could even finish.



)



-



Minjoo sits in the backseat of her car.

 

Her back was leaning against the leather chair. Her mind is a little bit messy from the events that happened tonight.

 

Just need a little bit of time to think.

 

Minjoo throws her head on the headrest of the seat, her thumb and index finger coming up to scratch her eyes. Only one woman was on her mind tonight, yet again.

 

When will Kim Chaewon stop haunting every corner of my brain?

 

Just when Minjoo thought that she’d finally forget about her— suddenly she shows up at the little reunion held earlier at a nice restaurant. Though, it is quite inevitable to see her now that Minjoo thinks about it.

 

They share almost the same circle of friends. Their friend groups overlapped with one another as the both of them did meet through one of their closest friends. It’s just that Minjoo didn’t think much of Yuri’s words when the woman said they’d be going to a ‘small reunion’ with a bunch of people that they used to know.

 

I should’ve never agreed to tag along with that rat.

 

Minjoo sighed, clenching her eyes. She groaned at the fact that Chaewon is back to invade her mind.

 

Minjoo had her eyes closed and her back leaned comfortably on the leather seat for quite some time. Trying her best to gather her thoughts and think about the things that happened earlier. Or specifically, she thinks about everything that Chaewon did and said that night.

 

She has to admit one thing, though.

 

The older woman still looked as pretty as the last time that she saw her.

 

Although, the short brown hair was surprising. But not unwelcomed. The long brown locks that Minjoo was used to seeing were cut short just below the older woman’s jaw. Giving her a good sight of her shoulders and collarbones. That thought actually made her retract her statement and redo it with—

 

Chaewon looks prettier than the last time I saw her.

 

Minjoo shakes her head at the thought.

 

, get your head out of the gutter.

 

A knock on her window suddenly gets her out of her reverie. Her eyes shooting open as she snapped her head to look at who was on the other side of the door. Her breath hitched when her chocolate eyes met the familiar sweet pools of caramel.

 

God ing damn it.

 

Chaewon just gave her a small smile before pointing at the door, asking her to open it. Minjoo stared for a little bit before taking ahold of the driver’s and passenger’s seats. She pulled her weight up so she could sit properly, her body going over the console to reach for the buttons on the door of the driver’s side. It unlocked with a click as the younger woman sits back down on the leather seat of the car.

 

“Hey.” Chaewon closes the door after she sits down beside Minjoo.

 

This scene suddenly felt familiar for the two women.

 

A little bit, the atmosphere was vastly different and Minjoo wasn’t heavily intoxicated.

 

But still, a familiar feeling settles between them as they sit side by side in the backseat of Minjoo’s car.

 

It was silent after Chaewon greeted the girl with a small voice. 

 

Minjoo opted to look to the side as she stared out of the window. Looking straight ahead at the restaurant they just ate at. The tables outside were neatly arranged. The place was slightly packed as people were still eating and chattering both inside and outside of the nice-looking restaurant. The yellow lights seeped through the floor to ceiling windows of the establishment. Bright and vibrant.

 

But the happy and vibrant feeling never reached the two women.

 

The air felt heavy. Thick with tension as the both of them didn’t know what to say next.

 

Chaewon wanted to ask Minjoo something. She wanted to ask a lot of questions, actually.

 

“Minjoo.” She finally opens to speak. Calling the other woman’s name as she thought of what to say to her. Maybe, ask her something decent like— 

 

How’s life been?

 

Was Europe great?

 

Do you still use that old film camera you liked to carry around?

 

Are you only visiting Seoul?

 

Do you wanna grab coffee some other time?

 

Can we start over as friends again?

 

But no. Chaewon’s mouth and brain betrayed her proper sense of mind. The words slipping out from her lips before she can even stop them.

 

“Are you finally happy now?”

 

Minjoo ponders about it.



(



“Minjoo,” Chaewon calls as the younger girl just pulls her body closer against hers. 

 

Her arms wrapped around hers  in a comfortable hug. Chaewon suggested earlier that Minjoo should just sleep in for this Saturday afternoon and immediately cuddled up to her when the younger girl lied down on the bed with her.

 

“Hm?” Minjoo just hummed as her fingers buried inside Chaewon’s brown hair. Caressing the soft locks gently as the older girl snuggled her face closer to the crook of her neck.

 

“Are you happy right now?” Chaewon suddenly asked, the question catching Minjoo off guard. The hand combing through the older’s hair froze as she the words started to sink in her. Chaewon was about to pull away to look at her when Minjoo quickly gathered her composure and continued to caress her hair again. 

 

“You ask me that all of a sudden?” Minjoo said with a chuckle, keeping the older girl’s face pressed against her neck as she didn’t want Chaewon to see the conflicted look in her dark chocolate eyes.

 

Chaewon huffs. The hot air from her nose hitting the skin of her neck along with her lips moving as she replied to the younger girl with a whiny voice.

 

“Why? I can’t ask you things now?” A smile broke onto Minjoo’s face.

 

“I don’t know, Chae.”

 

I’m happy when I’m with you.

 

Minjoo almost said, but bit her tongue from doing so.

 

“Are you not happy when you’re with me?” Chaewon asked carefully. Her voice suddenly sounded vulnerable. The meaning behind the older girl’s words felt confusing.

 

Minjoo just blinked.

 

So much for just whatever, right?

 

“Do you want an honest answer, Chaewon?” Minjoo said instead of giving a proper reply.

 

They stayed silent for a few moments. Chaewon listened to the loud and rhythmic beating of the younger girl’s heart. Her chest rising and falling in a calm manner as Minjoo felt completely at ease when Chaewon was around her.

 

Chaewon couldn’t help the slowly crawling fear climbing up her stomach.

 

“Let’s take a nap, Min.”

 

I’m always happy with you, Chae.

 

Minjoo swallowed down the words that were at the tip of her tongue.

 

She followed as the older girl wanted to do.

 

Closing her eyes to sleep with Chaewon in her arms.



)



“Min…”

 

Minjoo never gave her a proper answer.

 

“I’ll just drive you home, Chaewon.” Minjoo shifted around her seat to go over the console again to unlock all of the doors of the car. Chaewon held onto her arm to keep her in place, tightly. She wanted to finally talk about what happened between them before.

 

“No, Min—”

 

“Chaewon.” Minjoo cuts her off with a sigh. Her eyes still avoiding Chaewon’s as she sits back down in her seat. She felt the older woman’s grip slacken on her arm.

 

“Minjoo, please.” Chaewon pleads. “Please, stop pushing me away.”

 

The way the older woman’s voice cracked was enough for Minjoo to turn her head. She stared at the caramel eyes that were clouded with desperation. A gray shade of hurt swirling inside the sweet pools she used to love so much.

 

It hurts her to see Chaewon like this. Her chest only tightened as she finally let her guard down for the woman to finally see her again. Chaewon’s eyes shimmered with tears as she gulped down the lump in .

 

All she needed was to see the soft look in those molten chocolate orbs.

 

“I want to start over.” Minjoo loved the sound of that. “Let’s start over.”

 

The younger girl stared a little longer. Silently watching the way Chaewon’s chest would heave at the suffocating atmosphere that surrounded them.

 

Minjoo tore her eyes away from the woman as she leaned back into the leather seats. Her hand took the older’s that had a gentle hold onto her arm. The warmth of Chaewon’s palm seeping through the coldness of her skin. Intertwining their fingers together as Minjoo sighed in content.

 

Chaewon could only watch as Minjoo pulled her hand closer to her face. Giving the back of it a gentle peck as the older woman could feel her face flushing in a soft blush at the action.

 

“Hey there, pretty girl. My name is Kim Minjoo. I’m a photographer from Spain, but I was just recently relocated back to Seoul by my company. If you don’t mind me asking, can you tell me what your name is?” 

 

Minjoo chose to say. Chaewon both sees and feels the soft smile pulling up at the corners of her lips against the back of her palm.

 

Minjoo also wants a new start. 

 

A start where both of them aren’t driven by their hormones and have to hide what they feel. A start where Minjoo doesn’t have to walk on eggshells every time she’s with the older woman. A start where Minjoo can look at Chaewon with all the affection and love she has to offer. A start where she can kiss Chaewon senseless— a mix of something hot and tender in their shared kisses as Minjoo can finally convey what she feels in every action she does, in every touch she initiates, in every hug she gives.

 

A new beginning doesn’t seem bad when they’re both older, more mature and not intoxicated with alcohol in their systems. 

 

Chaewon can finally breathe a little easier now. 

 

A wide and bright smile plastering on her face as she now knows she isn’t the only one that wants this. Her chest slows to a calm rise and fall pattern, her eyes turning into crescents as she plays along with Minjoo’s little introduction.

 

“Hi, Kim Minjoo. My name is Kim Chaewon. I’m a music producer and make a lot of ty love songs about this one girl I met in college. You don’t mind me taking you out for coffee sometimes, right?”

 

Minjoo finally sends a smile at her tonight. The dip below her right eye makes its appearance. Chaewon’s favorite dimples and smile finally being shown to her and only her.

 

God, I think I’m in love.

 

“Sounds good to me, Kim Chaewon.”

 

I’m definitely in love with Kim Minjoo.