end.

Saturdays
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"How about on Saturday? Too many things to finish tomorrow," She suggested, kissing the girl on her cheeks, who smiled at her lovingly before nodding.

 

And so, she saw her tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that. But never on Saturday, because she was busy— because she called late at the night that, "I wouldn't be coming home," with the traffic's noise muffled in the background, that; "there were too many things in the office that needs to be done." 

But Jungeun hummed, tears rolling down her cheeks, pain stabbing her chest, her lies penetrating her mind as she forgets everything that happened that day.

"Our date tomorrow is still a go, no?"

"Of course, my love."

 

It had been months since then, and now, Jungeun is happy. Jinsoul had been the best girlfriend, always giving her what she craved without her asking or even voicing it out; always there to cuddle her on Friday night when she's the most tired from all the work she'd been doing; always singing her love songs on Tuesday family dinner; carrying her drunk on Sunday friend's night out.

Leaving out the day where she felt the most lonely; when Jinsoul's side of the bed is empty; when Jungeun cries herself to sleep; when Jungeun longed for her the most; when Jungeun was wrapped with their blanket but still felt every cold air that passed by her; when Jungeun had nothing else except the stuffed fish Jinsoul gave her to cuddle, entering her dreamland thinking it was her— it was Jinsoul.

Leaving out Saturdays, which didn't exist on Jungeun's calendar, because Jinsoul is missing, she's not beside her; because Jinsoul has someone else to warm the night with.

It had been months, since the day where Jungeun started believing her— their lies, making it her reality, because at the very least, she has Jinsoul. For the rest of the week, she has Jinsoul, never on Saturday, but it was enough. Because it's Jinsoul. It's Jinsoul, who she loves so, that she's willing to blind herself, torn her heart to pieces with a smile on her face, as long as Jinsoul smiles at her and came into the warmth of her arms.

 

"I know it's not Sunday, but doesn't a night out sounds about right," Hyunjin said, with the rest of the team just leaving the meeting room, everyone nodded agreeing with the red-haired suggestion.

"No date?" Jiwoo asked as she clings on her newfound best friend's arms, leaning her head on her broad shoulder.

'Now, that's just mean.'

"Nope," Jungeun grinned (very much fake if you asked someone who knows her too well. (which is Jinsoul.)) "Never on Saturday." There was a bitter smile displayed, that Jiwoo failed to see as it only appeared for half a second.

"Let's ing go then!" Heejin screamed, alerting the other employee on the same floor as them.

 

Jungeun felt suffocated, every pair she saw, she doubts, and they don't even matter to her. But having known that at least one of the hundreds is probably tied leaves an uncomfortable feeling within her.

She never foresees that they'll be at the bar drinking when they mostly do it at either Jiwoo's or Chaewon's house. Forgetting everything (just what she does best) and focusing on the drink in her hands and her co-workers , who seem to be having a blast despite the too crowded place. Jungeun drowned herself with alcohol and temporary bliss. 

And then her eyes land onto something, to someone.

"Damn. Had too many drinks already?" She then went to Jiwoo's side, whispering a goodbye. Jiwoo offered to come and drive her home, but Jungeun insisted that she needs some fresh air to think. The exchange lasts for no more than five minutes, before Jiwoo got distracted by a girl, that Jungeun was sure is the senior manager of the other team.

"You could have ing hide it. At least ing hide it." The stern and bite in her voice were venomous. The familiar voice made the raven-haired girl turn around. She heard it clear, too clear, that even with the loud bass and music inside the bar couldn't usher that soft yet stern voice.

The lack of surprise in both her tone and voice shocked Jinsoul. She looked like she expected, knew, everything (she did). Then she looked longer in her eyes, and she saw nothing but pain. She wasn't shocked, angry, or sad, she was just pained and tired.

"Jungeun..." She stuttered, she was the shocked and angry one. Shocked as Jungeun don't normally go to a bar without her, and angry with herself, because the pain was most certainly her doing.

"Miss Jung," Jungeun replied, loud enough that the girl clung against Jinsoul could hear clearly.

"Soo, Th-- She-- I need to go. I'll see you... soon."

And so she grabbed Jungeun at her wrist, not waiting for the girl's reply, exiting the crowded place, Jungeun does nothing, too weak and too tired. And because despite how painful, Jinsoul's warm hand against her skin still gives her butterflies that she now cursed too much.

 

Jinsoul drove them to their house, Jungeun couldn't even call it home anymore, because it's nothing but a lie, and she's tired of lying to herself.

"Jungeun... That was... Sooyoung, my..." She trailed off, so Jungeun grabbed it as a chance. She's been muted for such a long time, she thinks— she knows she deserves to talk about it.

"Don't even say she's a friend or a co-worker, Jinsoul. Because we both know that's bull," She paused, exhaling as her breath seems to shorten. "You never saw Jiwoo or Haseul grinding on me like that."

The alcohol looks like it left her body as she said those words, splashing herself some cold water, making her realize that, yes, she's facing it right now; she's finally woken up from the lies of her sweet slumber.

Jinsoul opened , then closed, unsure of what to speak. So Jungeun took the initiative, the older seemed so defenseless and Jungeun pitied.

"I don't need explanation, Sol," She started softly and defeated, and it broke Jinsoul hearing that voice and tone from the younger. "I only need answers."

"I don't know, Jungeun. I have no idea what came into my brain that made me do it. I—" Jinsoul started blabbering, panic in her voice for something unspecific to her. Jungeun cut her off as she sat down on the couch, sighing out of exhaustion, chuckling humourlessly, shaking her head as if everything is plain ridiculous.

"That's not what I meant," She looked up, a smile on her lips that looks so far from being happy.

"I want to know, Sol. Into which factor did I fail? Because I know that you knew very well how I am not greedy of words and times," Jungeun begged, giving her best to stop her eyes from tearing.

Jinsoul reached for the younger girl, seeking for her warmth, hoping that once she felt it everything would be over, everything would be just the same, but Jungeun retracted, faltering away from Jinsoul.

"Stop. No. Stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter