As Good As It Gets

As Good As It Gets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

a/n; so this is a sequel from my another fic titled Rearranging Plan. you might want to read that first.

a/n ii; this story maybe kinda told more about yeoljong friendship than myungjong, especially on second half of the fic. you can have try to read if you don't mind c:

 

 

 

 

 

Just under an hour, the entire member of Infinite had gathered in Myungsoo’s living room, Lee Howon wasn’t forgotten. To anyone surprise, no one was talking, including the most talkative person in the group, Nam Woohyun. They were just exchanging looks with each other, sipping their beverages occasionally. The awkwardness in the room was so thick and unbearable, and Lee Sungjong had it enough.

“Someone, anyone, please talk. Do you guys really just want to chill and relax and doing nothing? Want me to turn on netflix or something while we are at it?”

“That would be great—”

Sunggyu cleared his throat to cut Dongwoo and his oblivious off about the maknae’s sarcasm before saying, “So, um, I guess I’ll go first then. Since when?” he looked at both Myungsoo and Sungjong, the newly engaged couple who was discovered accidently by Dongwoo and Sungyeol. They didn’t waste any second to inform the other members - to drop anything they were doing at the moment and just come to Myungsoo’s apartment - after the cat out of its bag. It's more important than the global warming! They told them.

“Hm, I need more than that,” Sungjong said while eyeing his fiancé who was opposite him, sitting next to his best friend, having a half full cup of coffee in his right hand but somehow still yawning, covering his mouth with the back of his left hand.

The bffs can always be found next to each other ever since before they even debuted. They already past a decade since their debut date but their friendship still going strong. When was asked, they said they didn’t even realize they were next to each other most of the time.

Sungjong would be jealous when he was a lot younger then if he witnessed the bffs were being closed. Now, he was just glad all of them were still care about each other.

“I mean, since when you guys are together and leading to that?” Sunggyu pointed at Sungjong’s engagement ring.

“You guys really don’t want to inform us? Like at all?” Woohyun chirped in. “I’ve got to be honest, I’m hurt and little upset...”

Sungjong was about to open his mouth when Myungsoo quickly cut him, “My apologies, hyungs. I’m sorry that we didn’t tell you guys sooner, and I’m sorry you guys knew only through this way. We both are very sorry, right, babe?”

That was the first time Myungsoo ever addressed Sungjong with his pet name in front of the hyungs and that made him blushed like mad.

He then got up and sat on the armrest of Sungjong’s single couch. His left hand found Sungjong’s left shoulder. He squeezed the shoulder a bit before just rested it there casually.

“We’re really sorry. It’s not our intention. We thought we’ll prepare some place nice, and invite you guys and few more friends, few from the companies, together with our family members having nice lunch or dinner, and we thought we’ll inform you guys then,” explained the maknae.

"Why don't you just tell me after your first born already in elementary school, how 'bout that?" Woohyun thought sulkily. Oh, he really took this personally. They’ve known each others for ages. But they decided to treat him this way. Nam Woohyun had every right to be in mope mood.

As much as Woohyun didn’t like to be and/or to feel left behind, he can’t really stay mad at the maknaes because he loved them both very much. Plus, he was here, together with the members, to celebrate a united, perfect, everlasting love between the two youngest members. And Woohyun loved love. So, after a brief moment, he decided to let this slide. Because I have a big heart and even bigger love to share and spare.

Sungjong held Myungsoo’s hand on his shoulder with his right hand and looking up to him. They smiled so warmly and lovingly to each other before Myungsoo continued, “So, where do we start? Hm, it feels like forever really. It feels... like we were in love since the first day we were met. We weren’t aware of that, we didn’t know. Our relationship was the on-again-off-again kind we can say.”

Myungsoo paused. “We were in some for so long. When making each other jealous wasn’t cute anymore, we fought a little and just gave some space to ourselves. With that, we were off. The cycle repeated for so long. Frankly told, I was beginning to feel exhausted from all of that because I wasn’t sure myself where all of this going. I guess we were beginning to really become closer when Howon hyung left the company.”

Sungjong nodded twice before continued where Myungsoo left off. “I was scared that I might lose someone who was so dear to myself, like I lost Howon hyung at that time, so I went to Myung’s house the next day and kissed him,” Sungjong said, recalling the moment as clear as day.

“So, my departure led to your relationship?” Howon asked.

“And you kissed him first?” Sungyeol asked, all beaming.

“Well, that was not our first kiss but sure, he kissed me first that time, and the rest was history,” Myungsoo chuckled before continued, “Lots of our first times Sungjong who actually made the effort first though.” Sungjong mouthed Stop it while elbowed his fiancé lightly.

The hyungs were clapping, making all sort of celebrating noises.

“But Myungsoo left the company also later. So, what happened then?” Howon genuinely wanted to know.

“Well, it was hard to convince Sungjong to believe we both are going to be just fine after that.” Myungsoo finished his coffee and put his mug away before took a free stool and sat next to Sungjong again.

Woohyun chuckled before saying, “You know what? I was picturing Sungjong throwing a tantrum, crying for hours, hating Myungsoo all his heart and regretting his decided becoming his boyfriend.” He smiled, kind of snakelike.

“Excuse you, mister, what made you think like that? I’m maybe younger than all of you but I’m nowhere childish nor an attention seeker. I did not cry nor throwing a tantrum,” Sungjong gave a boring look at the main vocal.

“I might hated him a little at that time,” Sungjong added with small voice but the whole room could heard it just fine and the hyungs snickered at that.

“So, what did you do to cope with that?” Dongwoo asked.

“I enlisted?” Sungjong answered the question matter-of-factly.

Everyone was back making noises.

“I thought it was weird when you enlisted earlier than we planned. So, this is the reason? Forget about the fans, you didn’t even talk to us when you were going to the army.” Sungyeol was trying to connect the dots.

“The main reason, yeah. I just want to get it over with. My radio schedule was ended unexpectedly too, and I wasn’t really do any job at the moment, the company gave me the green light to my idea, so I just went,” Sungjong said coolly.

“But for you guys’ info, we already made up before then, okay? Hope that clear. I don’t want to look like a bad guy here,” Myungsoo clarified.

“I was so closed to punch him in the face but I just love his handsome face so much, so I ended up kicked his shin and walked off,” Sungjong smiled proudly and playfully at Myungsoo and his fiancé wrinkled his nose at him and smiled back.

“He kicked me so hard, from time to time I still can feel the pain though.”

“Oh, here we go again, fam. You are being dramatic, Myung.” Sungjong teased.

“Am I?” Myungsoo’s voice went a slight higher. Usually he used it – unknowingly to himself – when he was not liking things.

“I’m sorry, Jongie, now I know who is the crybaby in your relationship,” Woohyun put up his coffee mug in front of his face in cheers manner before sipping his now lukewarm coffee.

“Hey!” Myungsoo retorted at Woohyun.

“So, this is exclusive, right? He even cried harder than me when I said yes to him last night. Now you know, Namu hyung,” Sungjong nodded and winked at Woohyun. The hyungs laughed at that.

“Hey!” Myungsoo retorted at Sungjong this time around.

“Ow baby, I love you very much,” Sungjong said while lightly pinching Myungsoo’s cheek.

“I love you very much, too,” Myungsoo replied, all smile. Any bruise feeling, gone.

“Yes, as you should. You stuck with me forever,” Sungjong showed his engagement ring to Myungsoo as if he wasn’t the one who brought it.

“Aw guys, he said forever.” Myungsoo might cry again but he held it, not wanting Woohyun to prove his point was actually valid.

“You guys are so adorable, seriously,” Dongwoo commented.

“Congratulations on your engagement!” Sunggyu exclaimed. The rest was clapping, howling, patting both Myungsoo’s and Sungjong’s backs.

“Cheers!”

“So happy for you two!”

“Here’s to a very happy engagement and a lifetime of love!”

“The coffee and this orange juice are great but we’re celebrating a big news here. Don’t you guys have champagne or wine or something?” Howon asked.

“Yeah, that’s right!” Woohyun supported.

“You guys still got work to do after this. Plus, all of you are driving, so any alcohol is off limit. I’m sorry,” Sungjong answered.

“Boooo, you’re no fun! Boooo,” Dongwoo said jokingly.

“Ow mum, pleaseeee,” Sungyeol bagged. “Just one glass. One!”

“One glass! One glass! One glass!” suddenly everyone was chanting together, including Myungsoo.

“Come on, babe. Let’s celebrate a little.”

Sungjong admitted his defeat. Who could resist that sweet dimple smile of Myungsoo, yeah? Plus being together again after so long with the members sure did bring some memories and pure joy. When will they ever get this opportunity again? So, Sungjong gave up.

“Well, we indeed got some champagne left from last night. We got two bottles in fact, one is barely touch. You guys can have them,” Sungjong said.

“Oh yes!” Dongwoo and Woohyun rushed to the cabinet in the kitchen. “Where you put them? Where? Where?” Sungyeol came in to help.

“Gyu hyung, help me, please. Make sure they only have one glass each as promise. I’m not stingy, I just don’t want anyone in trouble.”

“Got it!” Sunggyu put down his coffee mug on the table and walked to the kitchen.

“Hyung, the already opened one is in the fridge. And apparently, the other one has been found by Woohyun hyung,” Sungjong just smiled looking at his overly excited hyungs. Can you believe these kids were in their thirties?

“Help them with the glasses, Myung.”

“On it!”

“I’m going to get mine, too. You want some, Jongie?” Howon asked.

“Nah, I’m good with my orange juice. You go get yours,” Sungjong replied.

“Okay.” Howon said without so many thoughts then walked in the kitchen and took a glass of champagne Sungyeol offered.

“Remember, one glass only guys!” Sunggyu repeated.

“Be a responsible adult, my pals!” Sungjong said a bit louder from the living room.

“Sungjong doesn’t want one, can we have his share then?” Howon looked at the leader.

“You sure?” Sunggyu asked Sungjong, looking at his way.

“Yeah, positive,” Sungjong showed okay sign with his fingers.

“Well, I guess we can share it. It won’t hurt much if we drink a few more ml of champagne, right? Right?” Sunggyu concluded.

“Sweet bean!” said Dongwoo, all hyped up.

“He barely drank his too last night. That’s why we have leftover,” Myungsoo said casually before sipping his champagne.

Everyone kind of stopped for a legit few seconds after Myungsoo said that. Woohyun even coughed a bit.

“Come again?” Sunggyu asked.

“What? Why?” Myungsoo was confused with the sudden changed of mood. “Sungjong wasn’t really drinking last night?”

Nam Woohyun snapped his fingers.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking, Namu?” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun who stood next to him.

Woohyun looked back at Sunggyu and said, “I think I’m thinking what you are thinking, hyung.”

“What? What what what?” Sungyeol was looking frantically at Sunggyu and Woohyun. When he felt he won’t get the answer, he was looking at the other members, hoping someone will enlighten him. 

Myungsoo was having his confuse face with slightly opened mouth.

Howon looked at Dongwoo and the rapper just shrugged.
The leader and the main vocal looked at the maknae at the same time.

“Perhaps... are you...?” Sunggyu trailed at his words.

“Is there another great news to share, Sungjongie?” Woohyun tried to pry.

“Okay, I’m just gonna be straight with this; Kim Myungsoo,” Sunggyu changed his point of view to the visual this time. “You guys are ually active these past few weeks? Maybe let’s see a month ago or so?” Sunggyu asked confidently. “Did you guys use protection or not?

That question just got quite a protest from Dongwoo, Woohyun and Sungyeol.

“My goodness, that’s so bold of you!”

“How come you can ask that with a straight face?”

“What are you now? Their mothers? A doctor?”

The maknae couple was so flustered to answer the leader. Their faces were tomato red!

Howon suddenly got the hints, “Wait.. wait.. are you saying.. are we—are we going to be uncles?!” He was so excited when he asked that. His face was light up, like he just won the best artist of the year.

Myungsoo gasped. He slowly looked at Sungjong, “Babe...” His face was mirrored like Howon, just much more happier.

“Baby, oh god

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter