Chapter 16

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A time of exactly 1 minute for Eunbi and Hyewon, currently making them in the lead!" Tiffany announced after the two finished their turn.


They were already with the two pairs below the slide, a towel wrapped on their shoulders.


Eunbi held Misses up with her right hand, sighing. "I guess I used too much of her luck yesterday by beating you on your game." She tells Hyewon. "1 minute is good, but it was still a minute. We could've did it a few seconds earlier."


Hyewon stood by Eunbi's side, listening. "Misses did help us, it just seems like we lacked some luck. But a minute is not that bad. We're first now, aren't we?"


"Hmm, I guess." Eunbi says, putting Misses away. "Let's see how the other teams will do."


From the top of the slide, Chaewon and Hitomi were now preparing for their turn. They both got inside the boat as the ones behind them started pushing it through the tube's slide, the others closely watching them.


Hitomi closed her eyes the entire time. Chaewon was screaming excitedly behind her. "Hitoma! Open your eyes! You don't wanna miss this!" She shouts excitedly behind Hitomi.


Because of Chaewon's words, Hitomi didn't close her eyes anymore. As soon as she did, she was shouting in joy the same way Chaewon did.


Soon, their both reached the bottom. They swam as fast as they could over to where the balloons were. Hitomi picked up the first balloon, put it between her and Chaewon, and squeezed it. It instantly popped the moment they did.


"Come on, come on. Let's go for the next one." Chaewon instructs. Hitomi quickly went for the second one, them popping it as easily as the second.


"Woah, they pop those balloons really quick." Yena says from above.


Both the teams from up the slide and the ones next to the pool were watching them with anticipation. It looked like they were about to beat the current time that Eunbi and Hyewon had. And after a few seconds, they actually did.


"56 seconds!" Tiffany happily announced. "We now have a new first placers!"


Chaewon and Hitomi jumped happily in the pool, hugging each other as they did. The other teams clapped their hands for the two.


"Two remaining pairs to go. Will they beat the current time of 56 seconds?" Moonbin asked. Hearing this made the two pairs even more nervous.


"Ahh, Yuri! I really want to win! We have to beat their time!" Yena whines, bouncing on the balls of her feet anxiously.


"Don't worry. I have a feeling we'll beat them." Yuri says with a determined look on her face.


Yena stopped bouncing when she saw how Yuri looked. "Okay. I trust you. Let's go."


Both Yuri and Yena went over to the boat to get ready for their turn. Yuri got inside first as Yena came after her. Minjoo and Yujin watched at the side. There were the only contestants left on top of the slide now that Yuri and Yena were having their turn.


"Ready?" The staff asked them.


Yuri and Yena were both holding the railings on the slide, nodding their head at the staff's question. As soon as the time started, they pushed themselves in.


"Bye bye." Was Yena's last words before their boat slid down the tube towards the bottom.


Their boat got inside the dark tunnel as the two girls began to scream. Yujin and Minjoo changed positions to see Yuri and Yena's boat descend down from the slide.


After a few seconds, the boat came out of the tunnel. Their faces were both splashed by a strong gust of water mist. They then reached the point where their boat soared high on the slide and the next thing they knew, they were already sliding backwards towards the pool.


The boat landed on the pool as the two went down from it and went towards the balloons.


"Was it fun?" Sakura yelled over the side.


Yuri, who was still a bit dizzy from the slide, payed no attention to her and quickly finds a balloon to pop. "There's one here!" She informed Yena who quickly swam towards her.


With a floating balloon, they broke the fastest record. In just 36 seconds in the pool, they already popped one out of three of the balloons.


"What is this?" Chaewon asked while chuckling. "They're really fast."


They approached the balloon boat after popping one. Yena grabbed a balloon and put it between her and Yuri.


"1, 2, 3" They both said, squeezing the balloon. It popped again in just a single try.


"Ahh, Yena unnie!" Nako calls out from the side. "Don't go too fast! We'll end up being last." She then pouted as Wonyoung chuckled next to her.


They had a harder time popping the third balloon. It didn't pop the first time they tried squeezing it. But after a few more tries, the third balloon also popped.


"53 seconds for Yena and Yuri!" Moonbin announced. "They have set a new record and is now in first place!"


Yena squeeled happily, bouncing up and down the water. Yuri came to her side, splashing Yena out of happiness. Just like earlier, all the teams clapped their hands for the two.


"How will our last contenders do?" Tiffany asked, looking up the slide to see Yujin and Minjoo.


"Okay, that's it. We're never going to beat their time." Minjoo threw hands, walking away from the railings.


"They were quick, I'll give it to them. But it doesn't necessarily mean that we should beat them." Yujin says, walking towards Minjoo. "They were fifth the last time and if we get a good time, even if it's not first place, our scores will still be near theirs."


Minjoo wasn't able to register much what Yujin was saying. She just really wanted this to be over so she won't have to stay another minute atop this massive water slide. On

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter