Prologue

What If.

 

 

A sigh.

 

 

Chaewon stretched her neck and limbs after a three-hour grueling morning class. She just exited the google meet planning to take a nap before her next class starts when a messenger notification resonated through her earphones.

 

 

It was Yuri.

 

 

Yuri: Chae, are you free on Thursday? Our classmates decided to have a reunion at Eunbi unnie’s house? I hope you could come :)

 

 

'oh…'

 

 

A nostalgic smile painted Chaewon's lips. After all, it's been a year since she last saw her classmates. Too bad, the pandemic took the opportunity for them to have a proper send-off from their high school. 

 

 

And so, parting ways was sudden.

 

 

Chaewon: i’m busy with my requirements tho, i’m not sure if my parents’ would allow me as well

 

 

It was not completely a lie.

 

 

It's true that Chaewon is currently busy with her college stuff but it's not true that her parents would not allow her. They were never strict about her going to places during the pandemic. She just needed to be careful at all times.

 

 

She was just purposely rejecting her friend trying to run away from a certain someone.

 

 

Chaewon: i’ll just message you if i’m going

 

 

No, Chaewon would never message Yuri again about the reunion. Once, she has said no, it's a no.

 

 

 

Yuri: sure, i really hope you could come

 

 

Yuri: IMISSYOUUUUUU

 

 

Chaewon chuckled at her friend's last message before replying "I MISS YOUU TOO". However, her current mood went back to zero when she remembered her conversation with Yuri. She really misses her friends but the thought of seeing her again is holding her back.

 

 

'i'm sorry yuls, maybe we could meet next time…'