When Love Makes You Blind for the Clearest of All Things

It’s you that I like
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one of these days in high school when nothing seemed to go right. I was sauntering through the narrow hallways reaching my locker just in time when the bell rang.

“You’re late, again” Yeji greeted upon seeing me, leaning against the lockers. Well, it wasn’t really a greeting, but we were way past this.

“S-sorry” I muttered.

“Care to tell me what’s been keeping you up all night?” She frowned seeing how tired I looked. If I even looked half as bad as I felt I was in big trouble. But how do you tell someone that they are the reason for your sleepless nights? Right, you simply don’t.

Yeji and I had been friends since middle school. We instantly got along and had been best friends since day one. She was my pillar, literally wise, throughout this hellhole you call the school. She was my sanity, and I was hers. Yeji is the most caring and sweetest person someone like me could ask for. So, it was only a question of when I would fall for her. I didn’t want to ruin our friendship, so I kept my feelings to myself even though it was painful seeing her every day and not being able to confess. We do flirt sometimes but it’s just for fun and doesn’t mean anything, at least to her.

“I couldn’t sleep that’s all.” I knew that Yeji was seeing behind my lie, for s sake, she knew me better than anybody else. Yet here I was lying straight into her face for a better cause. Believe me, it was. At least it wasn’t entirely a lie, it just wasn’t the whole truth!

“Were you reading those love stories again?” She raised her eyebrow in that cuter manner of hers. What sounded like disapproval was just a show because we both knew she liked them as much as I did.

I blushed involuntarily and she took it as a sign.

“Gosh, you’re hopeless.” She said with a playful smirk.

Before I could shoot back at her we had already reached the door to the classroom. Our teacher scolded us for being too late while we were quietly making our way to the rear of the room where our seats stood next to one another. We mumbled an apology before sitting down. Yeji constantly kept me from hitting my head on the table during class because of my tiredness and having history class didn’t help my case. The day went on like this for all the subjects that followed. Luckily, we had most classes together on this day, otherwise I wouldn’t have survived it. I didn’t pay attention and Yeji – being her lovable self – tried to cheer me up and promised to give me her notes later. After our last class finally ended, I suddenly felt a bolt of energy shooting through my body, regaining my lost energy, as if I had awoken from hibernation and stared into the sun for the first time in a while. I was excited but Yeji dragged me to go home and lay down. She even suggested to come along and make sure I “really take a nap as promised”.

“Oh shoot,” I shouted out of nowhere startling Yeji as she guided me to the school entrance.

“What is it?” I looked at her.

“I almost forgot that I promised Sana to tutor her after school.” I facepalmed at my own forgetfulness. Yeji on the other hand didn’t look pleased at all. Her sudden mood swing made me wonder if something was wrong. I had been giving Sana lessons for a while now and she needed to pass the upcoming exam in English. Since I have lived in America before coming here, I had the reputation of being ‘the’ foreigner and was looked upon by many. I didn’t like giving tuition to anybody, but Sana wasn’t just anybody. She was in my grade, and I couldn’t let her down that easily. So, I agreed on tutoring her, much to Yeji’s disliking. After hearing t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter