Chapter 1

Stranger Danger, But Make It A Meet-Cute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a long day at work, Jimin was walking out of the building, moving away from the loud ecstatic celebrations that had been taking place all day. Their company had finalized a deal that they were trying to negotiate for months, which led to every employee getting a hefty bonus and free lunch from their boss. 

 

It was great and all, but now she’s just tired and exhausted and all she wanted to do was go home. The sun was about to go down and she found herself smiling, looking forward to relaxing and enjoying herself at home. Maybe she’ll take a warm bubble bath, slip on her silk robe afterward and enjoy some light dinner while turning on a Netflix series she’s been looking forward to watching all week. 

 

She was about to cross the street when she got surprised as she felt someone grab her shoulder. Turning around, she faces a slightly shorter girl with blonde hair who. . .seemed to be out of breath? 

 

Something tells her that this mysterious person has been running from something, with her tousled hair and the panic shown in her eyes. She doesn't look familiar to Jimin in any way. She's pretty sure she would have remembered someone who looked so cute and adorable, but this was honestly the first time she’s ever seen the girl, and it’s not like she dropped anything on the ground. 

 

So Jimin was completely confused as to why this pretty stranger grabbed her shoulder to get her attention in the first place. She was about to ask her if she needed anything or if she has something to say to her but was interrupted by said pretty stranger.

 

“Hi! I’m sorry for bothering you,” the shorter girl said nervously, panting while a blush showed on her cheeks. “I swear I really do have an important reason though. There was a person who put a shock collar on their dog, and I just felt like they were being incredibly cruel and unfair since the dog didn't even do anything wrong and it was clearly in pain.” She frowned, looking sad and worried for the dog she saw, but then winced slightly as she explained— 

 

“So I took off the shock collar on the dog and placed it around the owner’s neck instead. Then I might have kind of tried shocking the owner so that he’d get to know how it feels like when he does it to his poor dog. And then he called the police so now some cops are chasing after me, and I know this is weird and all because we don’t even know each other, but please just go with it.” She ends her ramble with a nervous look on her face, hoping that she didn't seem too crazy and was able to explain her situation well enough for Jimin to go along with her plan.

 

Jimin silently processed everything she said and was about to open to say something to the really pretty stranger who just rambled to her in an endearing way, when suddenly she was being pushed back against the wall of a building behind her. Jimin freezes, when said pretty stranger places her hands around her neck, tiptoes to lean up further, and kisses Jimin on the lips. When the smaller girl steps back, she also freezes in place, although for an entirely different reason.     

 

“Good evening, ladies. Would it be ok if we ask a few questions?”, a policeman asks politely as he and his colleague approach the two women. 

 

“Yes, officer? Is there something wrong?,” Jimin asks him politely while wondering if the smaller girl who’s still frozen stiff in front of her plans on moving at all, standing with her back facing the two cops who were clearly looking for someone. 

 

“We’re looking for a young lady with blonde hair who ran in this direction a while ago. Did you happen to notice anyone who seemed suspicious?” He answers, gesturing around the area while scanning for the culprit. 

 

“Hmm, a woman with blonde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter