Final.

another day.

Yesterday was just another ordinary day as any other quarantine day. A girl woke up and made herself a simple cranberry toast to satisfy her hunger. She sat herself on the couch, munching the last bite of her toast. Stomach seems to be unsatisfied with her choice of food as it growled again.

She stood up and opened the fridge, scanning wholy. "There's nothing in it, Hyewon-ah. We didn't go out to restock it.” Hyewon grunted softly. Eunbi leaned herself onto Hyewon's. "Unnie, I'm hungry. I might end up dead if this continues."

“Don't speak such nonsense. You still have me.”, Eunbi assured while making herself a cup of coffee.

“Kwon Eunbi-shi, are you being dirty right now?", Hyewon asked, eyes squinting at one side. Eunbi immediately slapped the taller girl body hard. 

“Don't be weird.” “Unnie, you're the one being weird actually.", Hyewon confessed as she shamelessly picked up the coffee that Eunbi had brewed. Eunbi couldn't get mad. Not to this girl. She shook her head and brewed herself another. 

Eunbi placed herself next to Hyewon who was already in her nest. "Ah, more anime? Let's watch a movie!". Hyewon ignored the request and continuously browsing for more anime. Frustrated, the older girl started to whine giddily.

"Ah, so noisy.", Hyewon commented and threw a small pillow to the girl on her side. Eunbi removed the pillow away and gave in. Swiftly, she laid her head on Hyewon's lap, quietly joining the latter in her anime saga.

"Wah, that pink haired girl is so pretty.", she was amazed at how pretty a character can be drawn and animated. She kinda get the hype now. "Yah, which one you like? I like that pink hair girl just now."

Hyewon appeared to be unresponsive. Eunbi felt the need to look up, only to find Hyewon was engrossed in the anime. "Yah, did you not hear me?". Hyewon snapped back to reality. "Hm… What? What are you asking, unnie?"

“I asked which character that you like…", Eunbi told her nonchalantly. ". Hyewon scoffed. "Unnie, its you unnie. I like you tho.", Hyewon reverted her eyes to glance at Eunbi who can be seems a bit flustered but is trying her best to hide it. Eunbi bit her inner cheek and left a gentle pinch on Hyewon’s arm.

“Hyewon, I have something to tell you.", Eunbi told. "Oh no, you gonna confessed at this hour?"

Eunbi clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes. "You're really getting comfy around me. Need I to remind you that I'm the older unnie here and most people are wary of me.". Hyewon looked away from the TV, staring down to babbling Eunbi. "Unnie, you're the one who let me in easily."

"You fancy me, you know.", Hyewon flirted. Eunbi chuckled nervously and shoved a pillow onto Hyewon's face.

"The idea to let you starve to death seems practicable actually.”

 Eunbi cleared . “A friend of mine kinda need a place to stay for awhile. Is it okay if I let her stay at the other room?”, Eunbi asked.

“Why are you asking me? This is your house, unnie.", Hyewon told. Eunbi fiddled with her fingers. "I mean… would you be okay having someone else in this house?

"Ask yourself, unnie. Is it okay to have someone else here?

Eunbi hugged a cushion to her chest, imagining what would it felt to have a third person sharing their space. The image struck her hard. The space has always belonged to them alone, day and night. There was never anyone else that comes in between them two.

Feeding on the facts that the supposed tenant would be a girl, much more reason Eunbi suddenly felt the sense to protect her people. Her one and only people. She looked up to Hyewon. “I'll take that as a no then.”

"Yeah, no.", Eunbi claimed. "Wise decision.", Hyewon told her as she ruffled the older girl's hair.

"You really getting real comfy this time.", Eunbi sat up and hit Hyewon severely with the cushion in her hand. What frustrated Eunbi the most is that the girl didn't retaliate, just pushing the pillow away nicely.

.

.

.

“Miss Kang, where are you going?", Eunbi asked as Hyewon walked out the room, dressed up all black. "Gonna buy some groceries since we exhausted ours."

“Do you even know what to buy?", Eunbi sounded concern as she was usually the one in charge of buying groceries. "Don't underestimate me so much, can you?".

“I worry okay. You're such a babyyyyyyy.", dragging long on her whining words. Hyewon presented a displeased look and immediately left the house. Eunbi chuckled to herself.

Eunbi set up her laptop for her Zoom meeting that will start in a few more minutes. Working from home has been challenging, especially for someone as IT illiterate as her. Not that she’s that bad with it, sometimes it’s just hard to accept changes around the world. Eunbi jotted down some notes as the deputy chairman giving his overview on their current project. Her smartphone suddenly rang, appearing Hyewon on the screen. As she already had her laptop on mute, she picked up the phone.

“Yes baby? Got lost in the supermarket?", Eunbi teased. A sarcastic laugh was heard. "Do you want sushi?" "Oh, you gonna buy some for this unnie?", Eunbi teased more.

“Ah faster. You want or not? "Up to you." "What do you want then?". Eunbi hummed long, revising the sushi menu in her head. "Why did I even ask you, it's not like I didn't know which one is your favourite. Bye." Hyewon hang up the phone fast.

Eunbi couldn’t help but to smile. Yeah, you know me the best.

“Kwon Eunbi, you still with us?”, a voice from the laptop jolted her back to reality. "Ah yes. I'm very sorry.", Eunbi apologized while fixing her hair to hide her scalded red ears.

.

.

Hyewon walked into the house as she entered the passcode. While taking off her shoes, she saw Eunbi was resting her head on their dining table. She crept nearer, finding the working women is sleeping while holding a pen. Hyewon ran her fingers onto Eunbi's hair and then placed all the groceries in the kitchen. She glanced at the wall clock, making sure she has enough time to take a quick shower before preparing dinner for two.

Eunbi startled from her sleep. She heard some clanking sound came from the kitchen and immediately rushed to the scene. "Ah, it's just you.", she sighed in relieved as she saw Hyewon leaning by the counter.

"Oh, you're home? Welcome home, Eunbi-shi.", Hyewon corporate outfit. Eunbi ride along. "Yes, I'm home. Do you need any help with the dinner?"

Hyewon shook her head instantly. "Just go and take your bath. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes.", she informed. Eunbi nodded and Hyewon started to stare long at her. Eunbi watched as she kept ogling. "Which part of me you're tarnishing in your head?", Eunbi interrogated.

Hyewon gave a dead stare. “Agreeing to be your housmate has been nothing but a curse.”. Eunbi rolled her eyes, vexed.

"Pretty.", Hyewon spilled.

"What is pretty?", Eunbi asked, confirming her understanding.

"Kwon Eunbi.", Hyewon claimed with her straight face. She immediately turned around to stir the soup in the pot. Eunbi bit her inner lips, supressing from grinning too widely.

.

.

Hyewon set down the last piece of plate at the rack. "Do you want to do anything, Hyewon-ah?", Eunbi questioned, turning to face Hyewon. Hyewon was already reached out to the remote control. “Ahh, more anime?”. Hyewon patted the seat next to her. "No. What do you want to watch, unnie?"

Eunbi small ran to Hyewon and threw herself next to the latter. They browsed the list of movies together. "Oh, this one! This one! It's been in my list. Is that okay?", Eunbi suggested. Hyewon nodded and quickly selected the movie. As the intro play, Eunbi dashed to the bedroom, grab the blanket and ran back to the couch. "Come here.", she invited Hyewon into her nest and the younger one obeyed.

The movie is going on a slow pace. It was marvellous at the first part of it, now it’s getting slow and boring and Eunbi decided to lose focus. She reached her smartphone and started to play with it.

“Hyewon, the movie is boring already. You can stop watching that now.”, Eunbi told the younger girl. Hyewon hummed. “I know. I watched it before.”

Eunbi instantly turned her head to the left, facing Hyewon. “Why didn’t you tell me? Then we can watch other movies.”, Eunbi explained. “You sound excited about it. Don’t want to break that energy.”, Hyewon told her. Eunbi leaned her head backwards, resting it on Hyewon’s chest. Eunbi opened the camera app.

She repositioned herself to get the right angle, head still on Hyewon’s chest. “Do you want me to take it for you?”, Hyewon asked, resting one hand on the couch, eyeing every action of Eunbi. “No, no. I got this. You don’t move.”

“Hyewon-ah, look here.”, Eunbi called her. Hyewon moved her head upwards abit, exposing her full face.

Ka chik!

Eunbi tilted her head abit and Hyewon rested her chin on Eunbi’s head. Ka chik! And a few more other poses.

Hyewon moved herself out of the camera and Eunbi continuously capturing her own selca. Hyewon watched as she posed this and that way. Can’t help but to grin at the older one. She can be seen intimidating at all times, but all the serious wall are down whenever she’s at home. It’s not like she never saw Eunbi leading a project team. She went rawr and rawr all the time.

Hyewon suddenly wrapped her hand around Eunbi’s neck and placed her lips on Eunbi’s head, giving a loving glace towards the camera. Eunbi immediately pushed the shutter button. Eunbi looked up, eyes finally meeting Hyewon’s.

“Don’t move.”, she instructed. Her fingers still on the shutter. “Just how long is the shutter gonna be on? The picture will look horrible later.

Eunbi chuckled, eyes moved down to Hyewon’s nose. “It won’t. Because there’s Hyewon in it.”, Hyewon followed Eunbi’s eyes, now staring at her nose as well.

“Unnie, you have sanitized right?”, Hyewon asked, eyes fixated on Eunbi’s philtrum. “Why are you asking me that? You’re the one who went out just now.”, Eunbi responded, clicking her tongue. Hyewon finally have the urge to stare at those lips, thanks to the tongue click.

“I did take a shower just now. That counts right?”, Hyewon asked. Eunbi grinned. “Yeah, that should be fine.”

Hyewon closen the gap between their lips as Eunbi wrapped a hand around the younger girl’s neck. Another still working on the camera. Eunbi pulled Hyewon nearer, deepen the kiss. Hyewon retreated a bit

“Let go of the camera.”, she ordered. Eunbi let go of her smartphone and let it fall in between the couch. She turned herself around, positioning herself facing Hyewon, arms wrapping around Hyewon. Their lips was positioned an inch away from each other.

“You really have to ruin it like that.”, Eunbi complained, earning a soft grin from Hyewon. The younger girl took the lead again as she captured Eunbi’s lips that is greeting beneath hers. Hyewon who had her arms wrapping Eunbi’s waist casually pulled Eunbi’s closer to her, making sure the kiss is intimate enough.

Hyewon gently pulled away and brought her lips to Eunbi’s neck. She placed a soft kiss on it, making the other moaned in silent.

“Okay, that’s all for today.”, Hyewon told the air after she placed a long kiss on Eunbi’s neck. Hyewon chuckled. Eunbi run her hand through her hair backwards, frustrated. This wasn’t the first time anyway. There are time Hyewon is this playful and Eunbi don’t really favour this attitude, especially at this critical time.

“What are you so mad about? It’s still going to be quarantine tomorrow.”, Hyewon told her.

“Just how long will this quarantine goes on?”, Eunbi asked, still irritated.

Just how long do I have to face this romance cruelty!

Hyewon shrugged her shoulder.